Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Old God underneath the Dark Portal??

Yesterday, the Portuguese Hearthstone Twitter posted this picture:

-

The Vale of Eternal Blossoms is the resting place of Y'shaarj

Icecrown Citadel correlates with Yogg-Saron

But what about the Dark Portal? This picture is of the Blasted Lands side (because of the red sky), and there's an Old God there. I don't know what kind of implications this has, or if this is N'Zoth or even a different Old God, but it could have affected a lot of things. Perhaps this is the God the Gurubashi worshipped?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Pretty sure it's all just a joke regarding a traveling agency, thus showing different continents and expansion highlights.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    there is no old god there.
    i mean really, "travel agency old gods", its just a joke.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there is one. Old Gods are just a gimmick being used here.

I think that's the Tanaan portal, not the blasted lands one. The blasted lands portal has a snake/serpent on the top of it while the Tanaan portal has the dragon on the top of it.

4 old gods: Yogg, y'shaarj, n'zoth, and c'thun. We know where 3 of them are(were), n'zoth is supposedly underwater. Nothing near the dark portal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by F1reheart View Post
    4 old gods: Yogg, y'shaarj, n'zoth, and c'thun. We know where 3 of them are(were), n'zoth is supposedly underwater. Nothing near the dark portal.
    The map from Chronicles does put him in the general area. Should be just off the coast of Westfall.

Deleted
    I miss the days when we thought there were five Old Gods, and speculated that their might have been possibly more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    I miss the days when we thought there were five Old Gods, and speculated that their might have been possibly more.
    There still could be. Azeroth is bigger than Kalimdor, after all. Some could have landed after the Titans left, or were smart enough to hide, to small or weak to detect, or even on the moons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    There still could be. Azeroth is bigger than Kalimdor, after all. Some could have landed after the Titans left, or were smart enough to hide, to small or weak to detect, or even on the moons.
    I don't know about that. While I wish such potentiality exists (not necessarily in the same mentioned form), I am way past the point where I still have faith that Blizzard would go for something unexpectedly deviating from their presets.

Chronicles pretty much states that only four slammed into the planet. I also doubt the Titans would not have noticed elsewhere on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Chronicles pretty much states that only four slammed into the planet. I also doubt the Titans would not have noticed elsewhere on the planet.
    Still could happen. And even more could have showed up afterwards. Hell, Sargeras could have one under his toenail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Nzoth si going to make his presence felt by end of Legion.

Still could happen. And even more could have showed up afterwards. Hell, Sargeras could have one under his toenail.
    They also retcon the story all the time, so yes, it definately could happen.

Deleted
    Hearthstone has nothing to do with adding to Warcraft lore. Hearthstones one and only place in the lore is that it is a card game that exists in the Warcraft universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderjac View Post
    But what about the Dark Portal? This picture is of the Blasted Lands side (because of the red sky), and there's an Old God there. I don't know what kind of implications this has, or if this is N'Zoth or even a different Old God, but it could have affected a lot of things. Perhaps this is the God the Gurubashi worshipped?
    Wrong. That picture is from the Hellfire side. Look at the dragon on the top of it. Blasted Lands has a snake.

Unless the Chronicle lied/omitted info, N'zoth is the only remaining Old God, and there's only four of them on Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Unless the Chronicle lied/omitted info, N'zoth is the only remaining Old God, and there's only four of them on Azeroth.
    Omitted info is likely. The book didn't outright say there were only four Old Gods, but only named four. Smart on Blizzards part, they can add as many or as little as they want now without retcons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omitted info is likely. The book didn't outright say there were only four Old Gods, but only named four. Smart on Blizzards part, they can add as many or as little as they want now without retcons.
    Chronicle has a map that shows the Old Gods' regions. There's only 4 (plus the 4 Elemental Lords). There are no blank spots on the map.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    N´zoth is certainly not beneath location of dark portal. Chronicle clearly states his location is somwhere around Vash´jir.