Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I refuse to run DS because of how shitty a perk it is.
    klol ( 10 chars )

Do you stream cause I sure as hell would love to see you hit 100% great skill checks even with unnerving presence, you must be a beastly god at this game of which no player or streamer ever saw his equal in.

Doesn't matter how good you are at the game sometimes you miss a skill check, if u don't believe me then just look at like every single top dbd streamer, the fact you outright tell someone to just git gud and hit every great skill check even with unnerving presence is a great meme.

Once again I didn't asked for a tips or tricks list against BBQ or NOED or Ruin, the discussion was that they are just as much crutch perks as DS, then you first try to disprove that by hiding them behind the '' totems are shit weak and easy to find '' meme and then the 2nd time I try to discuss with you how they are crutch you give me the same tips and tricks list from your first post.

You still haven't given me any relevant answer as to how the design of NOED or Ruin doesn't scream crutch for killers who suck at patrolling or finding survivors, all you did is try to flag them off as weak perks cause they are linked to totems and how 80% of any survivor group is bound to be SWF, I sure as hell don't get 80% of SWF in my group when I soloQ.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    --snip--
    I gave you details on how your wrong, Clearly you chose to ignore them and I'm not surprised since your a survivor main(Most normally do).

As for your comment about streamer's I can give you a list or you can literally just go look for yourself. No its not hard to hit great skill checks and even if you do normal skill checks it only adds 30sec's to each gen complete time.

Its clear as a survivor main u are going to ignore any thing negative said about survivors. Both sides have shitty things (Survivors have DS and a majority of the maps favor survivors) Killers have shit like 5 blink Nurse.

But if you are going to ignore those things then whatever I can't help you. As I said I went into detail on each of the perks and this post shows you outright ignored what I said.

I'm done with the back and forth on this.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Its such a strange situation where you have these two "no, fuck YOU" camps with survivor and killer mains, but since they broke from the publisher i can't deny lots more people i know including myself of course got back into the game again and you see all these back and forth debates stir up again.
    I guess its better people give a fuck and try to offer ideas for change than just drop it like destiny or something?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its such a strange situation where you have these two "no, fuck YOU" camps with survivor and killer mains, but since they broke from the publisher i can't deny lots more people i know including myself of course got back into the game again and you see all these back and forth debates stir up again.
    I guess its better people give a fuck and try to offer ideas for change than just drop it like destiny or something?
    The difference with Destiny and Dead By Daylight I think is the scope of the promise that the developers give. The Dead By Daylight dev's really don't promise anything and while I disagree with some choices they make they do try to fix things in the game.

Bungie on the other hand makes promises and charges you for there band-aid fix that most of the time doesn't even work. The dev's with DBD show they actually give a fuck at times as well. I'm sure some Destiny dev's do as well but the face's that speak don't show it.

But ill leave it at that don't want to derail the thread.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Fyi its free on PSN this month, for that price i recommend it.

Fyi its free on PSN this month, for that price i recommend it.
    Agreed....

And with its recent update you can unlock all of its main content for free by just playing it.

So now the dlc has been out a while and the whole game has been revamped what do folks think about it?

Personally the tutorial is something long overdue. Throwing players in with no idea about what the skill checks did for example was a quick way for a first try ending up a bad time. The cash shop idea is a bit iffy, if it funds more content then great, if not its a buy to play game using a games as a service model which is its own iffy idea. Sure not being F2P means it avoids the absolute shitshow games like R6:Siege turned into with their free starter pack being used as burner accounts by assholes but its still quite steep for the cosmetics that honestly aren't that great. Feels like if it doesnt make bank for them its all time better spent elsewhere.

Speaking of its been good to see far more wins from killers but i gotta admit 'turn on the gennys' is wearing thin. They need more gamemodes more than they need new characters and killers right now. Maybe a 10 minute countdown mode where the goal is trap the killer and stun/temporarily immobilise them till an elevator or train car comes to allow escape or something? or a variant on the totem breaking where you explore a spooky college campus in a rainstorm to break totems and dispell the summoning of the killer?

Overall it feels like an improvement and maybe it will become a stable game. Not the hit other games that tried this switch became but enough to chug along.

That said their are games like 1999: The Last Year which are coming this year or next trying the same thing. They could learn from DBD and FFt13th's mistakes and put out something that makes this pale in comparison. We just dont know yet but i hope the devs dont get complacent now Friday is dead due to losing the IP rights.

That said their are games like 1999: The Last Year which are coming this year or next trying the same thing. They could learn from DBD and FFt13th's mistakes and put out something that makes this pale in comparison. We just dont know yet but i hope the devs dont get complacent now Friday is dead due to losing the IP rights.
    The DBD dev's never gave a fuck about Friday 13th because the two games was very different in what they was trying to do. As long as they don't pull a Evolve and actual listen to there playbase (not the trolls but people giving actual feedback) it will be fine.

The real quest is how will they handle PS5/XB2 when those drop in a couple years.

Also they need to release a strong killer because the Nurse,Billy,Huntress meta is old as fuck. Sadly The Spirit while cool won't change anything because before she even hits live shes already had a nerf.

I didn't even know about her, another straight supernatural one like nurse?

I didn't even know about her, another straight supernatural one like nurse?
    Ya she was just in the PTS and seems cool. But is likely just another mid-tier killer.

At lease shes better then Freddy and The Pig lol.

I have legit never seen the pig. Ever.

I have legit never seen the pig. Ever.
    Don't fallow the game much do ya

The Pig is the character from the Saw movies.

Don't fallow the game much do ya

The Pig is the character from the Saw movies.
    No i mean i've never ran into anyone playing her. I've at least ran into freddie or the shape a few times. Though lately its the doctor more than anything else.

No i mean i've never ran into anyone playing her. I've at least ran into freddie or the shape a few times. Though lately its the doctor more than anything else.
    What platform you play on? Because I see her on PC and PS4 all the time lol.

I assume Xbox.

What platform you play on? Because I see her on PC and PS4 all the time lol.

I assume Xbox.
    PS4, lets not be crazy here i want something with games on But honestly it could just be bad luck. I've still never gotten any of the indoor maps either and i even own all the dlc and killers.

PS4, lets not be crazy here i want something with games on But honestly it could just be bad luck. I've still never gotten any of the indoor maps either and i even own all the dlc and killers.
    Ya could just be RNG then.

Sometime's map selection feels broke as fuck, I have had times where I had the same map 5 times in a row. Myers,Doctor and the top 3 are the most common on PS4 it seems.

Mite very the region your in a as well, I'm in the US.

It finally happened. I was rank 19 they were all rank 2 in a premade. Feels good man.

So talking about the game with friends we started thinking about potential movie IP killers they could use. Stuff like Jeepers Creepers or Hellraiser for example. One that i went right to was The Thing which made me think, do you reckon a Mimic Killer could work?

Example:
    A new Killer, lets call them 'The Echo', is a dude in a parka that hides his face. His map is a snowy, half ruined science research station. instead of a weapon one hand is a gnarled mess of flesh and bone and teeth. His ability comes into player after his first sacrifice. Now like the Wraiths bell he changes. Instead of invisible he is now a random survivor model with appropriate animations. At base level the survivor is random so players might have payed attention and go "uhh, theres no meg on our team.." but maybe with a perk like 'who goes there?' that makes it more likely to copy living survivors in the match you could be standing next to your friend playing dwight only for them on voice chat to warn you about the killer 2 gennys away, making you go "uhh, you are right next to me, aren't you?!?" but by then the killers already shed the disguise and attacked.

Granted i'm a sucker for mimics but it seems like a neat idea for a more paranoid match.

It finally happened. I was rank 19 they were all rank 2 in a premade. Feels good man.
    Nice........

- - - Updated - - -

Granted i'm a sucker for mimics but it seems like a neat idea for a more paranoid match.
    A mimic can never happen due to SWF.

Spirit is out but apparently some PS4 updates are bugging and instead of going to 3.4 goes to 3.39 and locks you out of online so watch that, still nice it released same day as pc