10+ Year Old Account

Summer Games Done Quick 2016

It's time https://gamesdonequick.com/

Nothing I'm super excited about because the runners I'm more familiar with aren't there, but still, I enjoy some sped runs with some personality.

Most of the good runners aren't there because the community is becoming cancerous(no pun intended, not in bad taste you get the picture) and the main organizer is becoming quite annoying to them running it more like a damn big business esports event then what it originally was.

I'm entirely past the GDQ events and most speedruns as a whole, there is a reason people are leaving the community in droves...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad part is, MitchFlowerPower was on goddamn The Colbert Show a couple days ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... the biggest issue for GDQ is the organizers honestly. Mike is awol for reasons unknown at this point. Coolmatty, well... let's just say that hes not fit as an organizer. From long time speed runners commentating on it, SDA forum drama, twitter and so on, the past 3 events have been a clusterfuck in the backend. Romscout is no longer the organizer of SGDQ since 2015(?), the internal drama really ruins this. All the core personalities that started the entire thing are fragmented or just doesn't bother submitting runs or going at all.
    They were essentially operating in an echo chamber and some would shift the blame onto others (Romscout in this case). Then when it came time for community feedback it was a lawlfest on the forum. The whole wait 2 weeks till feedback policy they had for 2014/2015s run (I think) was retarded.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-07-03 at 11:10 PM.