Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Louisiana officer shoots man on ground (NSA graphic video)

UPDATE: Second video shows different angle.

WARNING! EXTREMELY GRAPHIC AND NSFW!

Video was taking by a witness who uploaded it to twitter.

https://twitter.com/MobbGod/status/7...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

A Baton Rouge man shot by police was hit multiple times in the chest and back, according to the East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner's Office.

Investigators are still working to piece together what prompted the fatal officer-involved shooting that resulted in the death of Alton Sterling, 37. The coroner's office released the cause of death, but no other details have been released at this time.

The Baton Rouge Police Department confirms that Sterling died during a shooting at the Triple S Food Mart, which is located at the corner of Fairfields Avenue and North Foster Drive. The shooting happened at roughly 12:30 a.m. after police say they were contacted about a man who was carrying a gun and selling CDs outside the store.

Police said uniformed officers responded to the disturbance call from someone who claimed the man was threatening him with a gun. Officials said an altercation happened between the officers and Sterling, who was shot during.

BRPD officials said that two uniformed officers were placed on administrative leave following the shooting. They added that any other information about the officers would be released on Wednesday.

http://www.wafb.com/story/32371223/c...c&sf30329431=1
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2016-07-07 at 04:32 AM.

Dirty ass crooked ass white cops, lol, well he does not like cops that's for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Yall always want black people to PEACEFULLY protest! That Shit dont solve nothing! Holdin hands and humming negro spirituals is not the way!

Hes got some good quotes on that twitter lol.

The suspect was black, it was obviously racially motivated.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite is still some white guy who stole a car, once stopped he gets out of the sunroof with his hands up and the cop calmly pulls out his pistol and double taps the guy then reholsters. Can't find the video now
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Based on the audio the guy was pulling out his gun, most likely to kill the cops. Neutralizing him would be well within their rights and duty.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-07-06 at 08:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Aren't there around three such incidents a day in the us?

What makes this one news worthy?
    The average per state maybe?

As for the video, its pretty sickening.

Just another indication that the US has a problem with gun culture, not even the police can be expected to use their firearms responsibly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Based on the audio the guy was pulling out his gun, most likely to kill the cops. Neutralizing him was well with their rights and duty.
    So uh, what video did you see? I want to make sure I see this from all angles.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    So uh, what video did you see? I want to make sure I see this from all angles.
    The Twitter video. Right before they shot him they screamed out about him having a gun. And he was clearly resisting. The video was low quality and bad angle though, that's why I only said it was based on audio. Of course they will need a full investigation.

I used to teach at the tech school two blocks from there. It isn't a bad part of town, but it isn't safe either. Regardless of this guys intent, he was a convicted felon with a weapon he should not have had. He did not listen to officer instructions. The shitty thing is, the store owner is probably the one who called the cops.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Based on the audio the guy was pulling out his gun, most likely to kill the cops. Neutralizing him would be well within their rights and duty.
    How 2 cops fail to get control of his arms is a mystery to me. If they have a free hand to pull out their guns while he's down, they have the free hands to restrain his arms.

If their training suggest pulling out their guns and shooting him while they already have him down on the ground instead of properly controlling his arms, something is seriously wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    How 2 cops fail to get control of his arms is a mystery to me. If they have a free hand to pull out their guns while he's down, they have the free hands to restrain his arms.

If their training suggest pulling out their guns and shooting him while they already have him down on the ground instead of properly controlling his arms, something is seriously wrong.
    One thing I learnt in my three years as a bouncer is shit gets hectic in those situations no matter how many times it happens. Of course you won't know that sitting on your arse, typing away on a keyboard.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

7+ Year Old Account

This is a complaint about their effectiveness, it doesn't mean they were not following protocol after the person was reaching for a gun.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-07-06 at 08:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    isn't it supposed to be NSFW? or am I missing something?

7+ Year Old Account
    Having watched the vid it's clear why this particular incident is news worthy.

That was an execution, not a killing in self defence.
    Not based on the audio, though I could understand why a person may think so based on the video.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    One thing I learnt in my three years as a bouncer is shit gets hectic in those situations no matter how many times it happens. Of course you won't know that sitting on your arse, typing away on a keyboard.
    I've had two different jobs that involved training for, and executing, take downs of violent individuals in a safe way. It does not involve whatever the fuck these cops were doing.

If you let things get hectic your a shit bouncer.
    Yes, because him as a single bouncer can control everything that goes on around him .

7+ Year Old Account
    I've had two different jobs that involved training for, and executing, take downs of violent individuals in a safe way. It does not involve whatever the fuck these cops were doing.
    Maybe they are terrible at melee control.

Personally, my main interest is that of legality and self-defense based on the A/V.

- - - Updated - - -

The victim is restrained face down on the ground when we hear that the victim has a gun.

No need to execute him, simply keep him restrained and take his gun.
    Hmm, the video I saw has him face up where he could more easily angle a gun upwards.

7+ Year Old Account
    The victim is restrained, face down on the ground with his arm at his side and presenting no threat to the cops or anyone else.

He was executed.
    They didn't seem confident about their restraint though. How confident they were and appeared on video will directly effect the strength of a self-defense claim. For example, Revi's claim about them sucking at their job is grounds for them to be fired, but it supports the idea that they needed to be worried about losing control.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-07-06 at 09:02 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is it not in American law that shooting a person like that results in an arrest and not a paid leave?

Sorry tollshot, if you watch the video, they pull from the hood/front of the vehicle where he has a grip, roll him on his side and then to his back. Right after he is supine, you can see him sit up to the point his ahoulders lift. A big boy like that isn't doing that prone. The contrast between the skin of his face and hair color puts him face up.

This is a position he could have fired from, point blank if he managed to get the gun from pocket.

It looks like his right arm is under the car, but I can't be sure. This might have prevented the officer from controlling the arm.

Found another copy of the video here that isn't cropped and blurred to all hell. He is absolutely not on his back and he is being extremely uncooperative. Other than that I can't say for sure what the hell happened and whether that level of force was ultimately needed but he sure as hell didn't help things be being so uncooperative.
    Signature not found