Page 8 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Does anyone know how to make Atonement show up in Vuhdo?

Thanks very much!

Hello Guys!
    I am new to the forum and to the priest (just lvling a disc priest in order to be ready for legion after a 2 year wow brake). I read a lot in this forum - thank you for the very nice discussion. Compared to the official forum it is much more objective and less salty oO. I (like many other in this forum) are really flashed by the gameplay the disc priest provides and i am looking forward to play this challenging spec!

What I want you guys to ask is what you think about the legendaries for disc priest? I personally think the bonuses are total crap (at least for pve) or I dont understand the intended mechanic... Do you guys mind to clarify the bonuses and interaction with it a little for me?

Thx in advance and sorry for my english - its not my mothertongue...

Jak did a nice write up of the legendaries available to disc here if you'd like to take a read.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Jak did a nice write up of the legendaries available to disc here if you'd like to take a read.
    Yeah, most of those legendaries look really crappy. Nothing really stands out as "oh wow that's a pretty amazing bonus".

The neck is nice for self-survivability, and the belt resetting Penance CD is nice I guess, but the rest of them seem either situational or just crap.

Thank you guys for the respond!

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlysaurusrex View Post
    If you're getting trained a lot (which I have been), Masochism works well with that combo too. You lose feathers, but hopefully one of your teammates will notice you getting wrecked and help you out. I really like the Penitent because it gives me an alternative heal for when I get locked out of the Shadow school. It's also nice for baiting interrupts so you can spam Shadowmend because everyone still loves to interrupt Penance.
    Already had masochism, tried the other two talents and all of a sudden I have become very competitive, kind of enjoying it, did prefer how it was but this is getting easier the more I play it, averaging about 24/25k hps now in bgs, still could do with an extra survival trick but yeah cheers for the advice pal

So is it possible that dropping your 4 set for a better itemization/slightly upgrade i level would be a benefit or a loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    No that's not really true. Every healer gets similar bonuses from their artifacts. The artifact really doesn't even change much except even further emphasize the big bursty type of healing and move Disc even further away from sustaining healing on 7-8 people.

What will be worse is players' experience with Disc. It takes a while to get used to even if you're never played this type of healer before, and if you haven't then it takes even longer. Thankfully we have a good 2 months where nobody should really care how good you are...
    I disagree. Look at the 99th percentile parses from this past week of disc. It's pretty skewed. Are you going to tell that gap can be made up via skill?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...hps&dataset=99

Holy is down there as well and it's not a high skill spec. Priest is just not excellent in pre-patch. Viable but not ideal. I'm hoping artifact changes all this. I didn't do a lot of artifact testing in the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    I disagree. Look at the 99th percentile parses from this past week of disc. It's pretty skewed. Are you going to tell that gap can be made up via skill?

Holy is down there as well and it's not a high skill spec. Priest is just not excellent in pre-patch. Viable but not ideal. I'm hoping artifact changes all this. I didn't do a lot of artifact testing in the beta.
    It's not just the artifact though, it's also damage patterns. Right now everything is still coming out in bursts and we have the gear/stats to just power heal it. Legion is a different ball game.

Disc went from having the most parses of any healer (i.e. it was the most-played healing spec in the game) to having the least. If you look through the top parses on All Healer rankings, you'll find that almost all of them are solo or duo healing and simply don't include a Disc Priest at all. I got #1 and #2 ranks on a few fights on Tuesday... and we were 4 healing. I can certainly tell you that the top end is higher and people just aren't getting there yet.

Deleted

I said that few days ago, that these results will not change even when Europe test, contrary to what someone was then trying to convince me. Of course 2 healing fights makes life much easier to climb the ranks, but in general this is what it should look like, most probably in legion too if something dramatically doesn't change. With that being said, HPS is not the only criteria to pick healing roaster, but at the moment druids/shamans shine, monk is on an okay level. Holy is suitable for most fights as filler, but not as "must have spot" and Disc is a support class so it cannot be expected to be on the top of HPS, even if played correctly this is now what Blizzard target is.

*EDIT : Please note that the last sentence refer to the fact that an equally good shaman and disc priest, will not result in the same HPS. But disc will not be too far behind.
    Last edited by mmocd20d58e44b; 2016-07-22 at 09:13 AM.

Deleted
    @Totaltotemic

I found you're guide was lacking something that already caused confusion or will likely cause confusion in the future. So I compiled some information about how Disc interacts with various damage increasing effects. Feel free to add it to the Guide:

Buff and debuff interactions of Atonement

A question often asked about Disc is whether or not our healing benefits from damage increasing effects.
    In earlier incarnations of the Discipline Priest, especially the versions of Cataclysm and MoP, we saw situations where Disc was utterly overpowered due to such effects.
    To name but some, Horridon and Halfus Wyrmbreaker were such examples. This is no longer the case[1]. In fact, we can compile a quite short and comprehensive list of effects that increase our Atonement healing and those which don't, even though one might be tempted to think they do.

First, only damage increasing effects that are applied by ourselfs increase our healing output:
    • Schism, increasing the damage done to the target it is applied to, also increases the Atonement healing by 30%
    • Both, Twist of Fate and Versatility, increase damage and healing done. It is important to note here, that the healing conversion does not "double dip". That means, damage and healing are increased seperately.
    • When our Artifact, Light's Wrath, is maxed out to 34 traits, another trait unlocks (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=214925/forbidden-flame) that increases our damage done by X% per point spent. This damage increase does also convert into an increase of atonement healing.
    • Artifact traits like Confession (increased Penance damage) or Sins of the Many (increasing all damage done) also increase our healing done through those spells.

Additionally, every external buff that increases our healing output also increases the healing done. Divine Hymn as a friendly buff or Kur'Talos in Black Rook Hold (increasing damage and healing) as a hostile debuff are such examples.

There are no further effects that increase our healing done. Especially two cases are worth mentioning:
    • The passive artifact trait that increases our damage done by 0.5% for each point spent up until 34 traits (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=219655/artificial-damage), does not convert into atonement healing. This trait is purely meant to compensate for healing classes damage scaling, as confirmed by a bluepost. This case causes some confusion, but the Devs did not seem to find a way to point it out properly.
    • As mentioned above, boss effects that increase the damage done to them, like Gorefiend in HFC or Ash'golm in the Vault of the Wardens, do not increase our healing output.

Contrary, effects that decrease the damage done to a target do not decrease our healing output. Examples would be Tyrant Velhari (P3) in HFC or, upcoming, the Eye of Il'ginoth in the Emerald Nightmare.
    However, targets being entirely immune to damage, like Cordana in the Vault of the Wardens, also take away our ability to heal through Atonement.

[1]Technically spoken, Atonement healing is no longer a function of the damage we do, but each damaging spell has two seperate outputs, damage and healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    You can add it in the "debuff" tab. Just have to write in Atonement. Healbot also has the same option in the "Curse" section.
    You can also track Atonement as a HoT icon in VuhDo. Left click on the HoT icon drop down menu and it will become a text edit box where you can enter any spell name or spell ID you want to track.

I'll add this as a default in the drop down menu in a future release.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Should i continue to use the legendary healing ring or should i swap to the damage one?

Quote Originally Posted by Mordre View Post
    Should i continue to use the legendary healing ring or should i swap to the damage one?
    No point using the damage one since you cannot benefit from it.

It will not trigger when someone else uses it and you are unable to trigger it yourself.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    No point using the damage one since you cannot benefit from it.

It will not trigger when someone else uses it and you are unable to trigger it yourself.
    Plus we can actually benefit from the healer ring and get pretty beefy shields on everyone, unlike 6.x disc.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

@Sixthumbs thank you and that has been added in the general Atonement section.

Quote Originally Posted by tinef View Post
    Does anyone know how to make Atonement show up in Vuhdo?
    Create a new Bouquet - name of the buff Atonement, then add in from dropdown menu in Panels->HoT Icons

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I think I have gotten the Disc rotation down, more or less, but could use more tuning...

If any want to critique what I am doing, it would be of great help:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/42nyw3adpRqA7rWk#

My Priest is "Empathy".

From my own POV, I need to remember to bubble more, I tend to skip that now, and just use Plea, also need to remember to use the Mindbender CD when it is up.

I really like the PW:R though... I tend to use that twice, and Plea the tanks... than DPS till Atonement is about to fade.

My gear is not the greatest, the app is recommending I go Holy instead... but I am going to be doing Shadow/Disc in the expansion... (Main is Shadow)
    Why Plea after Radiance x 2?