Spec Decision for when Pre-Patch hits

So my guild is going to be raiding with some new members when the pre-patch hits (currently on break) and performance in HFC will play a large factor in legion raid spots. I have been doing as much testing as I can on the PTR and have played all the specs. I should also note that I have not raided in a group on the PTR, but rather just sat on the training dummy switching up my specs and talents. With the PTR saying that it is live, I think that it is pretty safe to assume that the numbers on PTR are going to be the numbers released with the pre-patch. With all this said, I ultimately have two questions;

• Is Affliction king for single target? No matter what I do I cannot seem to get either of the other two specs even close to the numbers I pull with affliction. (I do NOT have the trinket from Archy so maybe destro would be more competitive? Perhaps my skada on PTR is inaccurately tracking my damage on the dummy and effigy?)
    • What is the ideal/best performing spec on 3-4+ targets? I always see Destro doing very well on beta, in particular with cleaving and bursting add phases, however I am seeing demo perform better on PTR with the little bit of AoE testing that I've done.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I want to reiterate that I am asking for insight and opinions on the pre-patch numbers and not beta numbers right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstytiger View Post
    So my guild is going to be raiding with some new members when the pre-patch hits (currently on break) and performance in HFC will play a large factor in legion raid spots. I have been doing as much testing as I can on the PTR and have played all the specs. I should also note that I have not raided in a group on the PTR, but rather just sat on the training dummy switching up my specs and talents. With the PTR saying that it is live, I think that it is pretty safe to assume that the numbers on PTR are going to be the numbers released with the pre-patch. With all this said, I ultimately have two questions;

• Is Affliction king for single target? No matter what I do I cannot seem to get either of the other two specs even close to the numbers I pull with affliction. (I do NOT have the trinket from Archy so maybe destro would be more competitive? Perhaps my skada on PTR is inaccurately tracking my damage on the dummy and effigy?)
    • What is the ideal/best performing spec on 3-4+ targets? I always see Destro doing very well on beta, in particular with cleaving and bursting add phases, however I am seeing demo perform better on PTR with the little bit of AoE testing that I've done.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I want to reiterate that I am asking for insight and opinions on the pre-patch numbers and not beta numbers right now.
    I sincerely hope your guild is smart enough to realize that classes in the prepatch are not what they are going to be at max level.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    I sincerely hope your guild is smart enough to realize that classes in the prepatch are not what they are going to be at max level.
    I am fairly certain they realize that things are a whole hell of a lot different at 110, with the artifact ability, full artifact trees, and numbers tuned specifically for 110. However playing your class at 100 on the pre-patch and playing your class at 110 on legion live both breed competition. Who's to say that if you can't adapt and compete at level 100 on the pre-patch that you can at 110? Regardless, I'm sure you are smart enough to realize that competition is present at any level of play, and those who rise to the top don't do so because of the patch or expansion they are playing on.

So my guild is going to be raiding with some new members when the pre-patch hits (currently on break) and performance in HFC will play a large factor in legion raid spots.
    1. I dont know, how long you play wow but the pre-patch numbers were not comparable to live numbers.
    2. PTR / Pre-Patch is just for getting a feeling for future specc and its rotation

15+ Year Old Account
    when the pre-patch hits (currently on break) and performance in HFC will play a large factor in legion raid spots.
    Find a new guild, because that is insanely stupid. The degree to which artifacts contribute to a class and spec's performance is hugely variable.

@Thirstytiger

I'm pretty sure your Skada lies about your damage. Skada indeed counts damage done to Soul Effigy. Don't look at "Damage Done" --- you should rather look at "Enemy Damage Taken".

I've been only testing single target, and Destruction seemed better than Affliction for me. And if there was 1 more add to cleave... wreak havoc and Destruction would be even higher. Haven't tested Demonology much, though.

Affliction doesn't feel like single target spec at all due to lack of damage, and affliction AoE spec doesn't appeal to me for some reason... Perhaps affliction is the worst spec out of all 3, but that's just my opinion.