Poll: Are todays generation pussies?

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Yeh what millennial invented this "safe space" idea?
    Not a one, since it was adapted from the already prolific notion of 'support group'.

Considering how much more we spend for things like rent, food, etc. compared to 50+ years ago...no.

If anything, successful people today are tougher and more resilient than any previous generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    This is just the best thread ever. My generations isn't even entirely sure what triggered means. You guys are so entrenched in this, you don't eve see the hilarity. The fact that you guys can't distinguish between humor and anger, might be related to why so many of you can't find work. You just are living in feelings land all day, and you don't even know there is a place you can go instead. It really is rich. Please keep it up. You are going to get me fired if I don't get back to work, but it truly might be worth it.
    - Laughs at random posters over the Internet instead of working.
    - Claims that they are living in feelings land all day and can't find work.

Yup, the irony award is yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    People seem to get offended by the most weirdest things possible lately.
    In holland they are banning or changing plenty of words that have anything "black" in it even though it doesn't even mean anything towards the black culture. Like how sad do you need to be to want to ban "Black Friday" Like you get offended by something like that?
    Same goes to our 100 year old cultures that we changing just because some special snowflake gets offended over nothing.

Do you think todays Generation has no balls what so ever?
    today generation lack a good dose of shitty reality, the older ones had the scar from ww2 and cold war when the risk of being killed was real. Most peoples nowadays would survive without an iphone and an app that allow them to order a pizza.
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2016-07-18 at 07:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Yes they are, partly their own fault and partly the fault of those who've raised, taught and supported them.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Showing ankles and shoulders used to be considered offensively vulgar. Every single generation ever has had its things that were offensive. This one is no more or less puss is than any other.

One thing that will never change is that there are people who act tough but when faced with real danger they shit their pants. Those are the real pussies.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    One thing that will never change is that there are people who act tough but when faced with real danger they shit their pants. Those are the real pussies.
    Most often, people who act tough actually can't handle even a minor inconvenience and doubt of their abilities. Like Kim Jung Un: that guy can't handle a single citizen disagreeing that he is the best leader this world has ever given birth to, he will immediately thrown the citizen in a concentration camp, or kill them - and he lacks even the guts to do it by his own hands, relying on his slaves instead. Or all those school bullies that cower as soon as someone stands up and just looks mean at them.

Societies with the least amount of political correctness and safety tend to be the most sensitive ones as well, repressing anyone who doesn't live by their standards. In this regard, actually modern Western societies are the toughest ones, since they aren't afraid of giving people freedoms that potentially can be turned against them.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I'm leaning more towards yes, but I wouldn't be suprised if it has always been the same. Then again I'm to young to judge the earlier generations. I do think that this can be blamed by the parenting, it just seems that parents are a lot softer to their kids then previous generation. And it feels like kids these days are just spoiled, having everything they want right in their hand like the newest Iphone and whatever they want to snack. In the end it comes up with how parents raise their kids, by spoiling them to much they become pussies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    See? Now you are getting it! I'm so proud, I might mail you a ribbon. Which color is the one for participation again?
    Didn´t your generation invented that stuff?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    - Laughs at random posters over the Internet instead of working.
    - Claims that they are living in feelings land all day and can't find work.

Yup, the irony award is yours.
    Oh maan, you spoiled it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Relative hardship is still hardship - it's incredibly dishonest to try and devalue people's problems simply because 'well, someone else has it worse than you'. Especially since you aren't advocating jack to resolve the problems of the people who do have it worse off; i.e. it's an excuse for you to dismiss any complaints about the status quo.

Millennials put in vastly more effort per unit of return than their predecessors, point in fact.
    It was just a singular post to the OP, I even stated "I'm not saying you all don't have hard lives either, I'm just saying, we know NOTHING compared to those people over there being beheading and shit.." but to really dive deep into it, because it sounds like you're just blaming me for posting to begin with? To resolve the issue, it's not something that can be taught, it's not something that you just LEARN - you have to stop whining about everyone else, and care about your own fucking future.

Nobody owes you anything, and I think even though life isn't fair, that I've had my fair share of fuck ups along with my fair share of: lets never even remotely make this mistake again movements throughout my 30 years on the planet.

I was just stating people think life is so damn hard when they are 'relatively' in a GOOD PLACE - just stop whining and move forward is all I was saying
    Last edited by dacoolist; 2016-07-18 at 11:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the current generation is any less "pussy". It has calmed down from what it was for sure, at least from what I've heard from my relatives. Like, being complete nightmares to teachers in schools. Locking them in closets and worse. I didn't experience anything like that. Troublesome kids were present for sure, but nothing compared to what came before them.

If random fistfighting and generally acting like a retard makes me a pussy, then so be it.

It's not a problem of pussies but haters. A lot of people are very very quick to turn the hate switch on.

Deleted
    Ohh dreams for perfect generation...

P.S still voted Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Can't argue with that. So you are gonna be all cryptic and not answer to the rest?
    I'm under no obligation to answer anybody's questions here, but since I do have some time today, here it goes. Your question, iirc, was "Do you consider yourself a pussy compared to WWII / Vietnam soldiers?" The answer to that question would be "no."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    That sort of ideology helps ensure greater social stability - if betas are less likely to react physically they're more easily controlled/contained. It's definitely for the benefit of the elite to have you believe that is is more manly to be treated like shit and whimper/groan about it than do anything real about it.
    Not sure I exactly follow.

"It's definitely for the benefit of the elite to have you believe that is is more manly to be treated like shit and whimper/groan about it than do anything real about it."

Why does abstaining from physical violence have to mean "whimper/groaning"?

Action comes in many forms. There are many options to use to come to a compromise or agreement aside from physical violence. If that is all you have to fall back on to get things done, you ("you" meaning those who are like this) have some evolving to do.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I wrote a fuck ton in response to this, decided it was better to delete all the stories I shared,

Let me sum it up,

My generation (born in the 1990s) are soft, we're used to having every easy, or to much thrown at us. things thrown at us we don't need, from extra help to medication. People suffering with mental illness, officially is up at all new time high etc. I can tell you now, I know 8 people closely that are clinically depressed, 1 of them is legit the others are just having or had a rough time and use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    today generation lack a good dose of shitty reality, the older ones had the scar from ww2 and cold war when the risk of being killed was real. Most peoples nowadays would survive without an iphone and an app that allow them to order a pizza.
    Actually this sums it up nicely, most people don't know reality and to add on, think the universe revolves around them. Theres an expression, "been wrapped up in a ball of cotton wool"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    My generation (born in the 1990s) are soft, we're used to having every easy, or to much thrown at us. things thrown at us we don't need, from extra help to medication. People suffering with mental illness, officially is up at all new time high etc. I can tell you now, I know 8 people closely that are clinically depressed, 1 of them is legit the others are just having or had a rough time and use it.
    So how do you know that's diagnosis have not gotten better to identify people with problems? It must be much less stressful in the past, all who wanted to work and was moderately physically and mentally healthy could expect to get a decent payed work.

Do you know that today a worker is expects to produce much more then in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    So how do you know that's diagnosis have not gotten better to identify people with problems? It must be much less stressful in the past, all who wanted to work and was moderately physically and mentally healthy could expect to get a decent payed work.

Do you know that today a worker is expects to produce much more then in the past.
    True. Though I feel the better method would be to find the source and fix it, if the rate of depression is raising, rather than just treating it.

I think the biggest problem with the younger generation is the sense of entitlement. It's nothing new, it just seems to be getting worse. It's all about instant gratification, not having to work to achieve anything, it should be given to them.

It seems to happen when someone is been given something not earned, eventually they think they deserve it, I seen it happen to many times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I think the biggest problem with the younger generation is the sense of entitlement. It's nothing new, it just seems to be getting worse. It's all about instant gratification, not having to work to achieve anything, it should be given to them.

It seems to happen when someone is been given something not earned, eventually they think they deserve it, I seen it happen to many times.
    Pretty accurate if you ask me. Today's entertainment is all instant gratification. So I can totally agree that this conditions kids to expect instant results. There is no need to strive for anything.