Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Dude, the issue is, once again, that it's a very bad idea to put a sign ''white elevator'', that would be on par to naming your congregation Nebraskan Alliance of Zealous Indépendants
    So....the white house is racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Clearly you were born with elevator privilege so you could never understand.
    thread winner

/end

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    Think you are misunderstanding. It's not like people believe Republicans have segregated elevators at their convention or that this sign is in any way an expression of racism. It's just that this is a very funny image in the light of Trump being a racist bigot. I mean, the image had had no comedic effect if it was from the Democratic convention or if Mitt Romney had been the Republican presumptive nominee. It's all about context.
    so cause one group of people label another a bigot this is somehow funny... maybe if i was 5 again, nope not even then.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    For what purpose? Red for balcony seats and so on?
    For making America Great again, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by StaticHound View Post
    So....the white house is racist.
    No dude. Because there was never the expression ''white house'' and 'black house'', in the sense of ''white section'' and ''black section'' in the buses.

It clearly wasn't MEANT to be racist- but it just as clearly shows a complete lack of any sort of awareness of racial issues on the part of the staffers responsible. I think it's that lack of awareness that people are rightly upset about, not the sign itself (which is clearly quite innocuous). Even if you're the most hard-core of the "racism no longer exists" deniers, you should still, if you work for ANY sort of political campaign, be aware enough of the world around you to know that some people will find this offensive. If you aren't... well, anyone that blind to the realities of the world we live in has NO business being involved in ANY way with making decisions that affect hundreds of millions of people.

And once again, it's one thing to be ''against PC'' (it mostly boil downs to hurl racial slurs, anyway) and another to be completely oblivious of what your own campaign staff is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    thread winner

/end

- - - Updated - - -

so cause one group of people label another a bigot this is somehow funny... maybe if i was 5 again, nope not even then.
    No, no. That Trump is a racist bigot is not funny. That's deeply troubling. Everyone knowing that he is and then them having this sign that will automatically pull your thoughts to segregation because of that fact, even though you know it just part of an American red, white and blue theme, makes it funny. I seriously doubt 5-year old you would've connected the dots that makes this joke.

The white elevators are for immediate loading and unloading of delegates only. There is no stopping in the red elevators.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Well, it is stupidity - you got that part right, lol.

And since he's already been classified as a racist by his own party - I would think his staffers might be a little more aware and hence professional.
    All I gather from this is "To be professional you have to treat idiots, like idiots. Assuming people are not morons is expecting to much."

I don't necessarily disagree to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    We need to scrub this country clean and pure [sic]
    Racist...!

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    guessing the red elevators were only for native americans and the blue for... draenei?
    Im going on the blue elevator. Bowchicawowow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Uh oh, paging @breadisfunny
    the blue elevators must be removed immediately. i am greatly offended by their presence and triggered.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Still nowhere near as funny as this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Or a lack of a tiiinyyyyyy bit of forethought from Trump's Campaign.
    Gimme a break. If Hillary has red white and blue signs no one is going to say "oooh, that sign said white buffet line!" The elevator sign is grammatically incorrect for racism anyway. It would be "White's Elevator", not "White elevators". One implies it is for use by white people, the other than the elevators themselves need to check their privilege. All this does is show how uneducated and foolish humans actually are, which should be what the story is really about.

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    Gimme a break. If Hillary has red white and blue signs no one is going to say "oooh, that sign said white buffet line!"
    Probably something to do with Clinton not flirting with white nationalism as a campaign tool.

Gimme a break. If Hillary has red white and blue signs no one is going to say "oooh, that sign said white buffet line!" The elevator sign is grammatically incorrect for racism anyway. It would be "White's Elevator", not "White elevators". One implies it is for use by white people, the other than the elevators themselves need to check their privilege. All this does is show how uneducated and foolish humans actually are, which should be what the story is really about.
    Actually, I'd find it just as stupid. That being said, Hillary isn't under the shadow of accusations of racism, so you're right, it's not really equal.. but not having the forethought to think that "white elevator" brings to mind "white fountain vs colored fountain" is dumb as fuck.

It's also not grammatically incorrect in the situation it brings to mind:

Which are a part of history most people in the US should know. If you don't, and you're managing a presidential campaign.. you don't belong, frankly speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Actually, I'd find it just as stupid. That being said, Hillary isn't under the shadow of accusations of racism, so you're right, it's not really equal.. but not having the forethought to think that "white elevator" brings to mind "white fountain vs colored fountain" is dumb as fuck.

It's also not grammatically incorrect in the situation it brings to mind:

Which are a part of history most people in the US should know. If you don't, and you're managing a presidential campaign.. you don't belong, frankly speaking.
    So your point is that people have always been okay with not understanding how to properly use their own language. You've got me there. Just because it's on a sign doesn't make it correct, and it also doesn't mean that people have to pretend the sky is falling at every opportunity. Only SJW's are ignorant enough to think this is some passive aggressive shot at PoCs....

In the context of them having Red, White, and Blue "things" do you still think it's short signed on their part? Should they only have the Red and the Blue? Is patriotism somehow racist now?

Edit to say I hate Trump and hope he dies a slow agonizing death (yes Foreigner's, I as an American am allowed to say that about people) but rip on him for the actually stupid shit he does and says, not this.

So your point is that people have always been okay with not understanding how to properly use their own language. You've got me there. Just because it's on a sign doesn't make it correct, and it also doesn't mean that people have to pretend the sky is falling at every opportunity. Only SJW's are ignorant enough to think this is some passive aggressive shot at PoCs....

In the context of them having Red, White, and Blue "things" do you still think it's short signed on their part? Should they only have the Red and the Blue? Is patriotism somehow racist now?
    Are you unable to realize that people might just see the links between them or pretending elsewise?

Because that's the problem - in a campaign troubled with accusations of racism they make a sign that calls back to an area of extreme racism and segregation. Contextually, is it a problem? Absolutely not; it fits with their theme. Should it have been done better? Yes. Someone in the campaign should have hte brains to say "hey.. this isn't going to look too good for us. Let's shift the wording."

Hell, "white tab elevators". Saves a bunch of "who the fuck thought this was a good idea" staring. Put any word you want between the two to break up the historical match.