Page 26 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raex View Post
    Any idea what's the PPM on the 3rd golden dragon trait? It's a little weird that it only procs off SB, but yet is an AoE talent. In AoE you'd be casting Demonwrath and not SB, wish they'd make it proc off all damage really.
    It's not PPM based, it's just 15% chance to proc and it can't proc over itself and is stationary once it spawns 'on' the target (aka: it doesn't follow the mob if it moves).

Not, right now im sitting at 15% crit, and 37% haste. Would it be worth it to drop one of my 835 WQ haste trinkets in favor of Wriggling Sinew (865) for the crit or Twisting Winds (865)? Would lower my haste to 35% but would also raise my crit to 18% if i used the sinew. Thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Quick question !

Hand of Guldan ONLY cast when you have 4 soul shards?

are there any exceptions like having 5 soul shards then casting dreadstalker + 3 soul shard gul dan and then empowerment?

My demo damage isn't that bad, but I definitively can't break 300K sustained single target dps
    The situations i cant think of are:

1) If you want spread DOOM asap to many mobs with hand of doom, you cast HoG even with one shard.
    2) For TKC if you are at 5 shards and dont have time to dreadstalker -->Empower --> DB ---> HoG ---> Empower ---> TKC, you just dreadstalker ---> HoG ---> Empower ---> TKC.

Mainpage 7.1 datamining has TKC as instant cast, am I reading this right?

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    Mainpage 7.1 datamining has TKC as instant cast, am I reading this right?
    This is merely the spell effect. You'll note that it was originally 'instant'. The increase to range is to make it so the spell does not fail to cast on targets that move out of range after the spell has been initiated.

Quote Originally Posted by Toastiekins View Post
    This is merely the spell effect. You'll note that it was originally 'instant'. The increase to range is to make it so the spell does not fail to cast on targets that move out of range after the spell has been initiated.
    Ah right, I completely read over the red "Instant" guess this is the fix to portals and TKC they were talking about earlier.

Simple question for you guys (hopefully.)

Currently, I have a 23 point artifact for destruction, and nothing in my demo weapon. How many points would I need in my demo weapon to where I will theoretically be doing more damage on ST fights?

I'm looking to go Demo for fights like mythic Nythendra and Ursoc. I'm struggling to pull over 300k on these fights as destro.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by TKSaga View Post
    Simple question for you guys (hopefully.)

Currently, I have a 23 point artifact for destruction, and nothing in my demo weapon. How many points would I need in my demo weapon to where I will theoretically be doing more damage on ST fights?

I'm looking to go Demo for fights like mythic Nythendra and Ursoc. I'm struggling to pull over 300k on these fights as destro.

Thank you
    Think this was answered 1 page ago

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    Think this was answered 1 page ago
    Found it, Thank you

16 it is! Time to grind some mythic+ after work!

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Not, right now im sitting at 15% crit, and 37% haste. Would it be worth it to drop one of my 835 WQ haste trinkets in favor of Wriggling Sinew (865) for the crit or Twisting Winds (865)? Would lower my haste to 35% but would also raise my crit to 18% if i used the sinew. Thoughts?
    Both those trinkets are subpar. Really subpar. Not worth.

What is a WQ haste trinket? One of those that are int+only haste?

Also looking at the dps list for trinkets; am I reading it right that an 825 non socket WQ haste trinket is better than my 850 Darkmoon hellfire trinket?

Im currently using an 865 wriggling sinew and the 850 Darkmoon int/crit trinket. Am I better off using the Shock-baton (840) and a WQ haste trinket once I get it?

Also what about Bough of Corruption? I don't see it on the list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Both those trinkets are subpar. Really subpar. Not worth.
    Does demo have a different trinket list than destruction in terms what is best in slot etc. ?

Does demo have a different trinket list than destruction in terms what is best in slot etc. ?
    It's on the front page. The dps rankings per trinket that is. He even made separate lists for 825-850 and 850+

Deleted
    It's on the front page. The dps rankings per trinket that is. He even made separate lists for 825-850 and 850+
    thx I see. So it's roughly the same for Destro and Demo?

Trinkets are very situational. Sadly I don't have any raid trinkets yet. And whats up with twisting winds?

thx I see. So it's roughly the same for Destro and Demo?

Trinkets are very situational. Sadly I don't have any raid trinkets yet. And whats up with twisting winds?
    afaik twisting winds isn't that good after the nerfs. Two people in my guild have it and they say it doesnt proc often at all. The trinket off of the new world boss Jim is BiS for both destro/demo

So, I'm seriously conflicted about level 15 talent choices for single target. On one hand I know that he general consensus is that shadowflame is the "best" talent to take, but I'm also running with Recurrent Ritual, and it feels like demonic calling would be the better choice, but then when I look at warcraftlogs I see people with Ritual using shadowy inspiration. I get that they're all really close to each other, but I'm really interested in squeezing out that extra dps increase.

Hey Not,

Are you running demo in dungeons (specifically m+ and high level m+)? Whats the dps like?

What is a WQ haste trinket? One of those that are int+only haste?

Also looking at the dps list for trinkets; am I reading it right that an 825 non socket WQ haste trinket is better than my 850 Darkmoon hellfire trinket?

Im currently using an 865 wriggling sinew and the 850 Darkmoon int/crit trinket. Am I better off using the Shock-baton (840) and a WQ haste trinket once I get it?

Also what about Bough of Corruption? I don't see it on the list.
    WQ Haste trinket is just static Haste on one of the WQ trinkets.

Yes you're reading that correct, 825 non socket WQ trinket with Haste is better. Sinew doesn't proc from pets, which is why it's bad. Bough of Corruption for the same reason.

Trinket sim was updated recently;

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantombox View Post
    So, I'm seriously conflicted about level 15 talent choices for single target. On one hand I know that he general consensus is that shadowflame is the "best" talent to take, but I'm also running with Recurrent Ritual, and it feels like demonic calling would be the better choice, but then when I look at warcraftlogs I see people with Ritual using shadowy inspiration. I get that they're all really close to each other, but I'm really interested in squeezing out that extra dps increase.
    All those shoulders do is this;

• Without Demonic Calling procced it makes Call Dreadstalkers cost 0 shards.
    • With Demonic Calling procced it makes Call Dreadstalkers generate 2 shards.

SI is good for movement situations but ultimately the 'worst' talent, SF is the best talent if used perfectly every single time and DC falls in the middle; basically if you mess up SF once DC is equal to it. The shoulders don't change anything with your rotation/etc.

Hey Not,

Are you running demo in dungeons (specifically m+ and high level m+)? Whats the dps like?
    I run Demo for everything, DPS is fine. In high M+ mobs live long enough for 1-3 or 4 Doom Ticks sometimes making Demo's "AoE" with Doom really strong + I play with Implosion, so very strong AoE while having minimal impact on ST (because the rest of my talents reflect ST purposes, T45 & T75 are situational - either Demon Skin or Shadowfury and Burning Rush or Dark Pact)

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    All those shoulders do is this;

• Without Demonic Calling procced it makes Call Dreadstalkers cost 0 shards.
    • With Demonic Calling procced it makes Call Dreadstalkers generate 2 shards.
    I'm aware yes, I was trying to weigh the benefits of the potential shard generation versus the damage/generation of shadowflame. Thanks for the perspective on shadowflame though, it's something I haven't been using much so it's difficult for me to make an accurate comparison since I don't have much practice with it.

If what you said about SF vs DC was in regards to not having the shoulders, you think it's a fair assumption to say the shoulders pushes them to be about even? Or does the gain from optimal shadowflame usage still win out?

Third golden trait doesnt being triggered by demonwrath is really hard to believe; I expect Blizzard fix this.

Woz, arent u picking the darkglare?