Do you see anything ''wrong'' with this specific 1060 ?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16814500402

(And iyo, should I buy some kind of cooling unit ?)

Yes, it's single fan. Stay away from single fan designs unless dual fans wont fit your case.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Thats unfortunately my case (ZING !) I have a rather small case.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Thats unfortunately my case (ZING !) I have a rather small case.
    Which one?
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

A phoenix envy.

But short of the fan (which was something that concerned me, but I can't change the PC case too...), is there something wrong with this 1060 ? Or did you meant I should buy some kind of cooling system ?

Nothing wrong at all with the mini 1060s. They are perfectly fine to use the same as you would a 750Ti or something similar for small cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Yes, it's single fan. Stay away from single fan designs unless dual fans wont fit your case.
    The 1060 is such a low TDP card at 120W that the cooler isn't that important. The card OP linked is perfectly fine especially if he doesn't have space in his case. Of course it won't be as cool and quiet as a dual fan, but it will do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by djar View Post
    The 1060 is such a low TDP card at 120W that the cooler isn't that important. The card OP linked is perfectly fine especially if he doesn't have space in his case. Of course it won't be as cool and quiet as a dual fan, but it will do the job.
    Single fan not only means higher temperatures and more noise, that also means less space on the PCB which in the best case scenario results in tighter placed components, in the worst case it means weaker GPU power. You can compare that to 750Ti, which is most of the time sold as a single fan design (which works completely fine), but 750Ti has 60W power consumption, while GTX 1060 has two times more.

I was shacked with a Ge Force 760, which actually have an higher power consumption.

Its not a matter of them being weaker, its a matter of them being louder. If you look at the zotac model it has one of the cheapest made heatsinks you can get today, similar in material to intel stock CPU coolers. Dual fan cards allow the fans to spin slower while maintaining a lower temp.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Single fan not only means higher temperatures and more noise, that also means less space on the PCB
    Go look at the Founders Edition PCB - its tiny. The FE cooler sticks out almost 4.5" past the PCB. EVGA's single-fan 1060s use the FE PCB. Theyre also extremely quiet.

which in the best case scenario results in tighter placed components, in the worst case it means weaker GPU power. You can compare that to 750Ti, which is most of the time sold as a single fan design (which works completely fine), but 750Ti has 60W power consumption, while GTX 1060 has two times more.