Deleted

Argus DPS Trinket for Brewmasters?

So I just got my Argus trinket *yay* but then I immediately realized that my loot spec was still set to WW because I was hoping to get the Eye of Command or Angerboda trinket from M+ and i forgot to change it back to BrM *facepalm*.
    Since I only really do M+ seriously and I only raid to get trinkets/tierset for M+ I am always looking for trinkets that might improve my DPS and I decided to upgrade the trinket to 965.

Simcraft calculated that the trinket should actually deal a decent chunk of DPS but when I attacked a dummy for about 5minutes the trinket procc dealt less damage than my Hidden Satyr neck enchantment FeelsBadMan.

Does anyone have some reliable information if the WW trinket is really that shitty for Brewmaster DPS? Does the procc chance maybe go down if I am in the tank specc? It would be a shame if I lost the trinket and 5 upgrades for basically nothing if the trinket is really that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Strength DPS trinket does not proc while tank specced. At all.
    I have confirmed this on Live and PTR servers.

I can't confirm this for the Agility trinket on Live since my Monk only has the tank trinket, but I have double-checked on PTR servers. It does not proc while tank specced.

While this sucks, the tank trinket isn't great in M+. The uptime is solid, but the proc value is undertuned for its item level. Outside of a raid (where the Pantheon effect would provide a massive raidwide advantage), it's slightly weaker than an equal item level Agi stat stick trinket.
    Last edited by Llarold; 2018-01-08 at 06:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just know that using trinkets of a different spec gives you a 50% proc penalty.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post

I can't confirm this for the Agility trinket on Live since my Monk only has the tank trinket, but I have double-checked on PTR servers. It does not proc while tank specced.

While this sucks, the tank trinket isn't great in M+. The uptime is solid, but the proc value is undertuned for its item level. Outside of a raid (where the Pantheon effect would provide a massive raidwide advantage), it's slightly weaker than an equal item level Agi stat stick trinket.
    Well it is kind of hard to eventually find 1000 ilvl stat stick somewhere. Even 970 on next reset is better than what most probably have been able to get as stat sticks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

The trinket has a reduced proc rate/uptime as brewmaster (but it does proc). I mostly use it while tanking due to the big agi. That and lack of very compelling tank trinket options as a WW main.

Deleted
    Okay, so after doing some research I can confirm that this trinket is effected TWICE by the tank tax. The procc deals 50% reduced damage and proccs 50% less often in tank spec which makes it basically useless. It's really a shame that this is not mentioned anyhwere in the game and i had to find this out the hard way.
    It looks like I have been grinding Argus six weeks for nothing now.

Procs don't really matter for the tank situation anyways. You're getting most of your damage on either the tank or agi one simply from the large amount of agility on it. in 3 weeks it will be equal to the lottery God tier 985 stat stick on agility, and every week after that it will be higher agility then you can get on any other trinket outside of Archimonde's and KJs which take up lego slots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Well it is kind of hard to eventually find 1000 ilvl stat stick somewhere. Even 970 on next reset is better than what most probably have been able to get as stat sticks.
    TRUE!

... 10 char

The str trinket procs for my warrior as protection. It's 3-6% of his dps.

It does 181-370k per hit.

I do not know if the secondary proc goes off as prot.
    Last edited by stross01; 2018-01-10 at 10:18 AM.

Had exactly the same issue and got the Dps trinket instead of the Tank one. Procced 4/5 times on Mythic Garothi. I'd say it's not worth it for prog but it will still help the raid getting the Pantheon proc.
    Last edited by A-sayo; 2018-01-10 at 09:37 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Targom View Post
    The trinket has a reduced proc rate/uptime as brewmaster (but it does proc). I mostly use it while tanking due to the big agi. That and lack of very compelling tank trinket options as a WW main.
    The Agi is solid, but it's certainly not better than the Tank trinket outside of large-scale AoE. If it's all you have, though...

Also, the procs may be a class hall issue. I've had problems testing other trinkets there, which I conveniently forgot while testing this.

10 minutes destroying a dummy in the class hall = 0 procs; 2 attacks on WQ mobs = proc. My B.
    Last edited by Llarold; 2018-01-11 at 01:23 AM.

Deleted
    Checked with my 950 Shadow-Singed Fang in Antorus clears.
    BrM between
    2,551 average Agility
    722 average Crit
    and
    1,134 average Agility
    800 average Crit
    per encounter.
    Crap af to have high spikes when I can't control them.

WW between
    3,719 average Agility
    1,440 average Crit
    and
    2,107 average Agility
    1,366 average Crit
    per encounter.
    Not quite as crap anymore.

Bottom line - procs are indeed half as good (read: bad) for tanks with dps trinkets. Guess it's back to some other trinkets

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Just know that using trinkets of a different spec gives you a 50% proc penalty.
    Source for this?

Quote Originally Posted by hockenberry View Post
    Source for this?
    Logs, mostly. It isn't in any patch/hotfix notes because it was a stealth nerf. The knowledge came from comparing logs before/after whatever tuesday restart it happened on somewhere during Nighthold.

Deleted
    The Agi is solid, but it's certainly not better than the Tank trinket outside of large-scale AoE. If it's all you have, though...
    You know that the the base procc from the Agi Trinket is fixed and does not scale up with the amount of Mobs, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwalker Nirmala View Post
    You know that the the base procc from the Agi Trinket is fixed and does not scale up with the amount of Mobs, right?
    Right, the Agi DPS trinket's main proc is split and only the Pantheon effect is an actual AoE. Shame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    Checked with my 950 Shadow-Singed Fang in Antorus clears.
    BrM between
    2,551 average Agility
    722 average Crit
    and
    1,134 average Agility
    800 average Crit
    per encounter.
    Crap af to have high spikes when I can't control them.

WW between
    3,719 average Agility
    1,440 average Crit
    and
    2,107 average Agility
    1,366 average Crit
    per encounter.
    Not quite as crap anymore.

Bottom line - procs are indeed half as good (read: bad) for tanks with dps trinkets. Guess it's back to some other trinkets
    955 http://www.wowhead.com/item=154174/golganneths-vitality vs 945 http://www.wowhead.com/item=137369/g...onus=1826:1497 in DHT 17 yesterday:
    Ravaging Storm 21m dmg done >> Pearl 37m dmg done.

Good agi stick for BrM that
    Last edited by mmoc806dd679c9; 2018-01-25 at 08:29 AM.