Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Thinking of benching my rogue for monk. Been seeing consistent damage in both ST and AoE in WW instead of the RNG-fest of Outlaw's Roll the Bones and the shenanigans needed to make Assassination/Sub work. Thoughts? Thinking of taking said Monk to raiding once he's geared up enough for it. How does WW fare compared to any of the rogue specs for example? WW annihilates them in AoE and cleave it looks like but I haven't seen enough raiding WW's to see what kinda single target they are dishing out.
    I switched from Rogue to Monk (Played Monk in early WoD). Assassination has been pretty decent numbers wise, and not awful to play but the lack of on-demand aoe burst has been a problem in mythic. I was still doing good damage because our ST was very strong, but it didn't feel all that great to play once they made Outlaw useless. Subtlety is theoretically good but I can't find anyone making it work well.

WW has been considerably more enjoyable to play. It isn't punishing and you excel in several different situations. The main drawback for me has been dealing with the lack of Cloak of Shadows, though ToK is a pretty strong cooldown in its own right. Not having to micro-manage a bleed/DoT is refreshing and most of your abilities feel very powerful, which is fun to play, and why I preferred Outlaw to having the majority of your DPS come from bleed ticks and passive poison procs.

410K DPS ON URSOC BOYS, THE DREAM HAS BEEN ACHIEVED!!! Check Robin on Kel'thuzad 26

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    I just tested this and it is a massive dps increase:
    no ring on dummy: 295k
    715 ring equiped: 330k

on Simcraft it's a 15k dps increase, seems like I got lucky on my test haha.
    I can confirm. I bought the ring and did a few tests. It procs and increases the agility. But, because it's another proc, it's hit or miss. I did 5 tests each to 50M with normal rings and with the 715 stuff. No CDs used (ToD, Serenity). The result was approximately the same. But with the 715 ring, I had the higher peaks when it procced better. With CDs and a little luck that it procs for Serenity, it definitely has the much higher peak.
    But I'm guessing it will get disabled soon.

I was fortunate enough to get the Touch of Karma legendary cloak. Is it then worth to put a point into the artifact trait where ToK heals you for the same amount? A potential heal for over 3M seems good, but unsure whether I should just continue with the beaten (counter-clockwise) path.
    "Always remember, in a land of fel infused ancient elves, the peasant with a good banish spell is king."

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blofeld View Post
    I was fortunate enough to get the Touch of Karma legendary cloak. Is it then worth to put a point into the artifact trait where ToK heals you for the same amount? A potential heal for over 3M seems good, but unsure whether I should just continue with the beaten (counter-clockwise) path.
    Good Karma is something you can pick up whenever you want. There never a bad time to pick it up, but it will always be a decision between that and getting more dps.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I really hope blizz fixes some of these awkward SEF bugs as I fell in love with the SEF/WDP/power strikes combo- it just flows so well!

I'm only doing normal/heroic raiding atm so am I completely screwing my dps by not going serenity? The write up on walkingthewind reads that it is pretty much the best talent hands down when previously it was believed to only be a small % ahead. I've begun practicing the talent but I suppose I'm just bitter :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyducky View Post
    I really hope blizz fixes some of these awkward SEF bugs as I fell in love with the SEF/WDP/power strikes combo- it just flows so well!

I'm only doing normal/heroic raiding atm so am I completely screwing my dps by not going serenity? The write up on walkingthewind reads that it is pretty much the best talent hands down when previously it was believed to only be a small % ahead. I've begun practicing the talent but I suppose I'm just bitter :P
    The write up on WtW wasn't about how Serenity compared to SEF. I don't even think it was mentioned. SEF has had these bugs and has been balanced around them, it's still a strong CD if you're more comfortable or enjoy it more. No one "has" to go Serenity. The gap is wider the more highly skilled with Serenity that you are, but for the average player it's only a few %.

Deleted
    Babylonius pal! item lvl 840 six Fan and 850 Darkmoon card or alchy trinket, are those better than all the heroic En trinkets? and do they compare to some of the mythic+ trinkets? thinking of swapping to WW from Brm and have limited trinket choices. Thanks.

There might be an obvious answer to it, but I need to know why this trait exists at all: Is Death Art really just an awful band-aid for those that put a Touch of Death on an enemy too late? I feel like it could only feasibly and realistically be used in world content to let it kill something for you and reap less CD from it, but it sounds so counter-intuitive even for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenant View Post
    There might be an obvious answer to it, but I need to know why this trait exists at all: Is Death Art really just an awful band-aid for those that put a Touch of Death on an enemy too late? I feel like it could only feasibly and realistically be used in world content to let it kill something for you and reap less CD from it, but it sounds so counter-intuitive even for that.
    The ww artifact tree was too good they needed to put a few "fuck you"- talents into it for balance reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Blofeld View Post
    After getting crosswinds going ccw I took it before SCK damage for M+ pushing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Babylonius pal! item lvl 840 six Fan and 850 Darkmoon card or alchy trinket, are those better than all the heroic En trinkets? and do they compare to some of the mythic+ trinkets? thinking of swapping to WW from Brm and have limited trinket choices. Thanks.
    If only there was a website where this information could be learned for yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think its an "awful bandaid" if the alternative is losing that ToD cast completely. I think its a decent compromise between losing it entirely and getting it back automatically.

When used correctly in Mythic+ dungeons it helps speed up kill time. Along with the fact that when you get the ToD gloves and become very skilled at killing trash mobs with as close to 1 damage overkill as you can, you have 2 Touch of Deaths every 48 seconds both powered up with Gale Burst and Serenity with FoF, SoTW, and SCK. Death Art is an incredibly underrated trait that can be taken advantage of on a very high skill level.

Quote Originally Posted by Carthh View Post
    When used correctly in Mythic+ dungeons it helps speed up kill time. Along with the fact that when you get the ToD gloves and become very skilled at killing trash mobs with as close to 1 damage overkill as you can, you have 2 Touch of Deaths every 48 seconds both powered up with Gale Burst and Serenity with FoF, SoTW, and SCK. Death Art is an incredibly underrated trait that can be taken advantage of on a very high skill level.
    This is what I was thinking it was used for, though I haven't even begun to use ToD in this way yet. I suppose I'll start practicing using ToD in this way and see if it rubs off on me.

Where is a decent place to get Storm Relics?

Been 110 for a little over 2 weeks, and I haven't even seen any World Quests that reward any relics, let alone ones I can use for Windwalker.

My Artifact is my weakest gear piece, at 819, with two Storm relic slots at 805... While the rest of my gear is 850-865. :S
    (AH on my realm doesn't have any relics over 780 for Storm or Iron.)

Pretty sure I could farm Timewalking to get better weapons than the Artifact at this point if it wasn't needed for the ability.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post

Been 110 for a little over 2 weeks, and I haven't even seen any World Quests that reward any relics, let alone ones I can use for Windwalker.

My Artifact is my weakest gear piece, at 819, with two Storm relic slots at 805... While the rest of my gear is 850-865. :S

Pretty sure I could farm Timewalking to get better weapons than the Artifact at this point if it wasn't needed for the ability.
    need to run heroic dark heart thicket every day and pray to RNGesus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post

Don't you have the class hall campaign completed? Gives you the missing relic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralica View Post
    Don't you have the class hall campaign completed? Gives you the missing relic as well.
    Was an Iron relic!
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Deleted
    On fights like mythic ursoc, is serenity far ahead of SEF providing its played perfectly? I'm not overly comfortable yet with serenity, but i dont want to gimp myself using SEF if Serenity is a noticeable difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    I can confirm. I bought the ring and did a few tests. It procs and increases the agility. But, because it's another proc, it's hit or miss. I did 5 tests each to 50M with normal rings and with the 715 stuff. No CDs used (ToD, Serenity). The result was approximately the same. But with the 715 ring, I had the higher peaks when it procced better. With CDs and a little luck that it procs for Serenity, it definitely has the much higher peak.
    But I'm guessing it will get disabled soon.
    is it still obtainable? i levelled my monk in 7.0 and the gnome would not sell me anything =(