Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Did my first Mythic yesterday, 805 Holy Artifact. 23% Crit and 30% Mastery. Mythic Violet Hold.

Specc wise I rolled with - ToL > Feather > Afterlife > LotN > SoL > Divinity > Circle.

I chose Divinity simply because i was really worried about the tank dying through Flash Heal spam. Serenity is amazing when it crit, feels like a Lay on Hands and makes me smile everytime. I used empty globals on Boss's and Trash to Smite but mainly to use Chastise to force the dood to spawn and help.

It went really smoothly, Shivermaw's Breath damage is actually legit, so just ask the tank if he needs a GS. Millificent Manastorm is just really easy, I was on bomb duty because damage was so low.

Just some advice though, while it's OP as fuck, Ask everyone to equip the heirloom trinket that spawns the tentacles. they were easily doing 200-300k DPS on Trash and wrecking Boss's too if everyone used on boss as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys think they are going to nerf HWS? I am level 109 and I'm just busting out 750k crits on tanks with 600k hp, seems really out of balance.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    You guys think they are going to nerf HWS? I am level 109 and I'm just busting out 750k crits on tanks with 600k hp, seems really out of balance.
    Seems like a low HP value for your tanks.

You're 109...are you dungeon healing tanks that are lower level than you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Seems like a low HP value for your tanks.

You're 109...are you dungeon healing tanks that are lower level than you?
    Yea, I just thought of that myself, I actually think the tank was only lvl 101 so that's probably why. My mistake. HWS still seems crazy strong though :-D

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Yea, I just thought of that myself, I actually think the tank was only lvl 101 so that's probably why. My mistake. HWS still seems crazy strong though :-D
    The dungeon scaling is weird like that. As a higher level healer, healing low level tanks can feel super easy. Conversely, higher level tanks (as a lower healer) can feel harder.

Anyway, from day one HW:S has been advertised as that "massive" heal that we will want to cast appropriately. I don't remember any specific healing value revisions in Alpha/Beta, so it seemed Blizzard was always/mostly happy with it.

Serenity was purposefully designed to heal for a fuckton. Blizz themselves said it's supposed to heal for "50% of a player's health, and crit for 100%", and that's just what it's doing at 110. Heals for around 530k, and crits for 1.1 million, on non-tanks who have around 1mil - 1.2mil health.

Anywho...about Trail of Light, does it replicate healing on the same target? Like, if I keep casting Flash Heal on the same target, will it keep giving that +40% to that target, seeing as it was my previous Flash Heal target?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Serenity was purposefully designed to heal for a fuckton. Blizz themselves said it's supposed to heal for "50% of a player's health, and crit for 100%", and that's just what it's doing at 110. Heals for around 530k, and crits for 1.1 million, on non-tanks who have around 1mil - 1.2mil health.

Anywho...about Trail of Light, does it replicate healing on the same target? Like, if I keep casting Flash Heal on the same target, will it keep giving that +40% to that target, seeing as it was my previous Flash Heal target?
    No. Trail of Light will heal your previous different target for as long as you're using Flash on the "new" target, till the end of time as far as I was ever able to tell. Alternating casts between two targets will swap who gets the 100% and 40% heals.

Oh.

Well I guess I'll be sticking with Enduring Renewal, then! At least, for 5mans.

In other news, I'm rocking almost 45% Mastery already. Stronk Echo of Light heals.

Hello, I did some mythic dugeons, I have 30% mastery, 21% crit, 8% haste, 4% vital. With these numbers my flash heal do 130k. I had some hard time to heal the tank. Some bosses tank takes 500k per second, how are you doing with tank heals?

For tank healing, really all you can do is spam Flash Heal and Serenity. If the tank is still dropping even through that, then he's doing something wrong.

Note that some tanks are easier to heal than others. Warrior tanks are often invincible due to Ignore Pain being OP as hell, proccing 1mil+ absorbs on themselves. On the other hand, Paladin tanks seem to be a bit squishier. DH and DK tanks are fine. Strangely enough, I have not run into a single Brewmaster so far....guess they really are as terrible as people say they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Xio View Post
    Hello, I did some mythic dugeons, I have 30% mastery, 21% crit, 8% haste, 4% vital. With these numbers my flash heal do 130k. I had some hard time to heal the tank. Some bosses tank takes 500k per second, how are you doing with tank heals?
    Yeah the dmg output especially on trash is ridicules and our heals simply cant keep up. I am probably going to reroll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by watchmepws View Post
    Yeah the dmg output especially on trash is ridicules and our heals simply cant keep up. I am probably going to reroll.
    Don't know if you're aware, but the goal with all classes is to balance them so noone is too strong. Rerolling to another class won't magically make everything easier for you. Hard content is hard content.

At what ilvl should one attempt Mythics? I'm at 825 right now, with 840 and 830 relics in my artifact. Heroics are pretty easy to heal, so long as the tank isn't shit.

mythics can be healed in 810-820 gear so 825 is more than fine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Note that some tanks are easier to heal than others. Warrior tanks are often invincible due to Ignore Pain being OP as hell, proccing 1mil+ absorbs on themselves. On the other hand, Paladin tanks seem to be a bit squishier. DH and DK tanks are fine. Strangely enough, I have not run into a single Brewmaster so far....guess they really are as terrible as people say they are.
    I personally find DH (and maybe DK) tanks terrible to heal. Sudden drops of hp and often I dont know if this time they are gonna heal themselves up in 2 sec or I have to. Takes away control over the tank healing.
    On the other hand, I like Brewmasters because their damage income is super smooth and I always know when I have to switch to healing and when to dps myself. Same is true for warriors and druids.

Just personal experiences from some dungeons

Deleted
    I've been wondering if I should give healing a shot and if there are any kind of guides or similar available that would help me to get started except for the icy-veins one? I'm really unsure and would hate to drag down the group because I'm not a good enough healer in 5 man (normal).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atwaru View Post
    I've been wondering if I should give healing a shot and if there are any kind of guides or similar available that would help me to get started except for the icy-veins one? I'm really unsure and would hate to drag down the group because I'm not a good enough healer in 5 man (normal).
    Poke around here.
    https://www.howtopriest.com/

edit, better yet Here. https://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8688
    Last edited by Dsc; 2016-09-06 at 07:42 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks, will do!

Quote Originally Posted by Atwaru View Post
    1) guides are good to make sure you're optimized for success and understand your spec
    2) Addams are key with healing. Mouse over macros or Clique will make you more efficient and effective but you have to train your muscle memory
    3) practice - just do it! No amount of reading will replace actually healing an instance. I know you don't want to be embarrassed but if some ransoms think you're a bad player, so what? They didn't queue as healers.

If you're really nervous, it would also help to run an instance as a dps before you try to heal it. The biggest challenge with healing is the multitasking and if you know the encounters, it helps your mental overload

guys
    is there any possible way to track "Invoke the Naaru" using WeakAuras?

soz for my bad english :/