The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account

elemental shaman beta

OK what did they do? Im so damn weak.. I almost dying.. All the time..???.. Sheesh.. It's awful.. Changed my talents like 5 times it didn't matter.. What I did.. 102..had one artifact relic.. What it seems like to me that the weapon tree is interfering with the regular talent tree. They don't work well together.. Just my opinion. I love my shaman but.. In this state there is no way I can play such a weak too.. Might have to go back to my mage.. And my ivlv was at 703...sad panda

I almost dying all the time too man.

FeelsShammy

10+ Year Old Account
    This is how I've felt every expansion, leveling is just painful.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    This is how I've felt every expansion, leveling is just painful.
    Not really no. No leveling issues in MoP, Cata or Wotlk. Unless you, kinda, sucked.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Not really no. No leveling issues in MoP, Cata or Wotlk. Unless you, kinda, sucked.
    I've felt quite underpowered compared to other classes on a shaman

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    I've felt quite underpowered compared to other classes on a shaman
    Then you did something wrong really... Or had horrible gear. Especially leveling in MoP was a damn breeze; just AoE everything with chain lightning, stun with the Capasitator Totem and overheal yourself with AG.... Sadly, WoD ruined AG.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by orca2425 View Post
    OK what did they do? Im so damn weak.. I almost dying.. All the time..???.. Sheesh.. It's awful.. Changed my talents like 5 times it didn't matter.. What I did.. 102..had one artifact relic.. What it seems like to me that the weapon tree is interfering with the regular talent tree. They don't work well together.. Just my opinion. I love my shaman but.. In this state there is no way I can play such a weak too.. Might have to go back to my mage.. And my ivlv was at 703...sad panda
    I don't understand how you are having troubles while leveling, I want to provide some assistance to you but you didn't list any talent setups, or rotations.

I even went and made a new ele shaman last night to go through the first few quest hubs in greens just to make sure I wasn't crazy and had no issues. Both builds I'll list below worked just fine, though the lava burst one was faster because of not having PoTM.

The lava burst build just needs; Path of Flame, Elemental Fusion, Echo of the Elements and you can kill most mobs in 2 lava busts.

The lightning build take TM, AS/EB, and LR. Just make sure you use SK on cd, even without PoTM 3x SK lightning bolts will kill most quest mobs.

The other tiers of talents I didn't list really are up to you, they weren't really required for questing.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    OK I'm going to try that build tonight.. And hope it works better.. Thanks "hug"

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Update had to change all my bars around and had wrong talents chosen once I fixed that I'm great now.. Ty..

were you them as melee?

Things I found useful when leveling

1) Use Earthen Rage/Elemental Blast/Ice Fury/Aftershock/Liquid Magma - This spec will dramatically reduce your reliance on lava burst for damage.
    2) Alternatively, use Echo instead of EB so you can fire off consecutive Lava Bursts at the start.
    3) Take advantage of the fact that Frost Shock no longer shares CDs with Flame Shock to snare the opponent. You don't need full duration flame shocks, so when you pull use EB/IF/LB -> Frost Shock -> Flame Shock -> LvB.
    4) Throw an Earthgrab totem between you and the mob you're attacking
    5) Use Stormkeeper often. It's incredibly strong.
    6) Grab Power of the Maelstrom as early as possible, not only for damage but also maelstrom generation to take advantage of Earth Shock.
    Last edited by jimmyolsen; 2016-07-20 at 06:18 PM.