Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    That's too abstract. What is "some"? What is "worth"? Anyway, we will switch our items pretty fast with much higher ilvl regardless of bonuses.
    That's what I'm trying to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by PinDrop View Post
    That's what I'm trying to ask.
    Well, you can sim it pretty easily to see how much dps boost is 4p t19. But don't forget that you will be limited with ironbrew duration so you won't have as much freedom of pressing it non-stop as now. I really doub't that 4p alone is important in terms of raw dps increase.

Well, you can sim it pretty easily to see how much dps boost is 4p t19. But don't forget that you will be limited with ironbrew duration so you won't have as much freedom of pressing it non-stop as now. I really doub't that 4p alone is important in terms of raw dps increase.
    Brewmaster sims are pretty meh, I'm not sure what is implemented and what isn't. Pretty sure stave off isn't, for example, but I'm too lazy to manually plug it in anyway. Tried swapping one higher ilvl piece with crit in and sims showed it as a loss for me, so I guess YMMV.

And we just had this conversation earlier dude, I don't know about you, but I personally will not be limited in my "freedom" of brew pressing, ISB cap or no. I'd rather purify a weak stagger or clip duration than cap charges. You even said this a few posts up:
    That always surprised me. Why stacking years worth of ironbrew when you can purify more, even low amount like 10-15% which nets for big numbers in the end.
    So I don't know why you keep preaching this "not pressing brews" thing. They will still be pressed, whether you waste some ISB duration or purify next to no stagger, no SD dps will be lost, unless you want to play suboptimally.
    Last edited by PinDrop; 2017-05-05 at 05:21 PM.

The thing is damage recieved is not always constant and there are a lot of times when you have to sit on brews and not press anything (if you limit yourself with x2 cap duration) just because you need those purifies for specific moments and without cap you can stack minutes of it just on trash before the boss or specific hard trash pulls and only purify there.

Yes, I said that its much better to purify little damage instead of stacking ridiculous amounts of ironbrew, but it was said in contrast as both options being suboptimal to reaction play.

Dunno about current state of simcraft, but mr.robot is simming 4% damage increase with 4p + special delivery vs no 4p (switched one piece for relatively similar stats and same ilvl) + special delivery. I have no reason to not believe it and it actually seems pretty weak to consider as dps option. It's a sim with current SD with 30% chance tho, but dps shouldn't be any different that ptr's version of SD.

It's much easier to get 910-925 non-set pieces with optimal dps stats vs tier, at least in my guild.

You may also want to use a different term than "much" when you're describing "better", as well. Purifying a small percentage of a small percentage of an amount that won't even constitute one boss hit over an entire fight isn't anything, especially if you're getting overhealed. Have some sympathy for your healer ranks.

Also, Askmrrobot is trash. Stop it. The day every Brm theorycrafter stopped dealing was the spec was the day we transitioned to feelycrafting. Even the developers are feelycrafters when it comes to this spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming we drop out T19 how would RJW compare to SD in 7.2.5? With 14% haste and legendary chest you can do the standard rotation and add RJW to the empty global.

So you would use RJW every 7 seconds and use 7/7.8 duration of it minimum compared to 5.3/7 in live. Is it enough to beat SD since the brew generation will be lower without set?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    So you would use RJW every 7 seconds and use 7/7.8 duration of it minimum compared to 5.3/7 in live. Is it enough to beat SD since the brew generation will be lower without set?
    Don't know about new RJW damage compared to Special Delivery, but I'm already running RJW in mythics and I have no problem weaving it into standard rotation even with 30% haste. Can't wait to try the new RJW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Also, Askmrrobot is trash. Stop it. The day every Brm theorycrafter stopped dealing was the spec was the day we transitioned to feelycrafting. Even the developers are feelycrafters when it comes to this spec.
    Instead of saying WRONG ITS TRASH WRONG STOP IT you could actually elaborate why it's bad and/or give better alternative. And what about "feelycraft"? We were talking about damage difference only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know about new RJW damage compared to Special Delivery, but I'm already running RJW in mythics and I have no problem weaving it into standard rotation even with 30% haste. Can't wait to try the new RJW.
    I don't see how that is possible. It does less damage than BoF so replacing it with it is not worth it. In single it does way less than TP (even with 0 relics of 40% on average). Less than BoS which also leads to empowered TP.

Only place would be replacing TP in AoE. So on bosses and possibly even on 2 targets RJW is worthless.

With 14% haste you have the global to spend for it. Then it becomes a more reasonable.

This is more of an haste issue than RJW issue. It is waste to go for high haste if you intend to use RJW.
    Last edited by keqe; 2017-05-06 at 11:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Nooooooooo

Instead of saying WRONG ITS TRASH WRONG STOP IT you could actually elaborate why it's bad and/or give better alternative. And what about "feelycraft"? We were talking about damage difference only.
    I didn't ever imagine I would be in a position to explain why it isn't good, even in my wildest dreams. I hope you're prioritizing stamina over everything and leech over crit and agility, as Askmrrobot advises.

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    I don't see how that is possible. It does less damage than BoF so replacing it with it is not worth it. In single it does way less than TP (even with 0 relics of 40% on average). Less than BoS which also leads to empowered TP.

Only place would be replacing TP in AoE. So on bosses and possibly even on 2 targets RJW is worthless.

With 14% haste you have the global to spend for it. Then it becomes a more reasonable.

This is more of an haste issue than RJW issue. It is waste to go for high haste if you intend to use RJW.
    Yes, you're right, I just din't specify the aoe. Of course SD would be better on single target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Nooooooooo

I didn't ever imagine I would be in a position to explain why it isn't good, even in my wildest dreams. I hope you're prioritizing stamina over everything and leech over crit and agility, as Askmrrobot advises.
    If you're simming defensive stats just like for a dps classes there then it's your own problem, not the robot's. You can stick a fork into your eye, but that doesn't mean that forks are horrible invention.

You should do around 20 tp per minute running combo so the 4p gives you 20 seconds of brew reduction per minute directly+ 20/90 of 3 brews(black ox brew) so for me that's 20/18+0.67=1.78 brews per minute, with 30% chance to get a special delivery that's average 0.534 deliveries per minute, according to my logs(can't be arsed doing the maths for the theoretical average) my average SD is 553k, so on pure ST i get 295k average damage per minute from the t19 4p, that's 4.91k dps, which is around 400-500 secondaries

So yeah it's not worth much at all offensively, lower than 1% dps gain and that shows why you shouldn't use ask mr robot if you're getting a 4% dps gain from it
    Last edited by Mokuna; 2017-05-06 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    You should do around 20 tp per minute running combo so the 4p gives you 20 seconds of brew reduction per minute directly+ 20/90 of 3 brews(black ox brew) so for me that's 20/18+0.67=1.78 brews per minute, with 30% chance to get a special delivery that's average 0.534 deliveries per minute, according to my logs(can't be arsed doing the maths for the theoretical average) my average SD is 553k, so on pure ST i get 295k average damage per minute from the t19 4p, that's 4.91k dps, which is around 400-500 secondaries

So yeah it's not worth much at all offensively, lower than 1% dps gain and that shows why you shouldn't use ask mr robot if you're getting a 4% dps gain from it
    I was doing occasional cleave sim, not pure ST. Pure ST happens very rarely, even in raids. Your math seems right and I don't see any real differences. Also the result is still the same - not a dps thingie at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Before ANYONE says ANYTHING about the hotfix for today, these are NOT a nerf. The only attack that I can think of that could generate that many orbs is the eye beam attack in Phase 3 of Mythic Star Augur.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Before ANYONE says ANYTHING about the hotfix for today, these are NOT a nerf. The only attack that I can think of that could generate that many orbs is the eye beam attack in Phase 3 of Mythic Star Augur.
    Just to one more attack in the list - SpellBlade Alluriel in enrage phase Near 70m strike that can be handled under FB and easily countered with legendary belt
    Another one - Tich attack after night (when you miss a buff from birds). Anyway, neither first nor second don't rely on orbs to counter, for sure

That new legendary ring seems pretty neat

Deleted
    Hello,

i´m curious about the bis legendaries… besides the chest what is ur preferred 2nd legendary? I mean for m+ or raid farming I love the chest/trinket combo but what do u guys think about the chest/ “dmg belt” (donno the name “… more dmg if the mob is over 90%) combo? Is it worth picking or is the trinket better? Dps wise… and what do u guys wear for progress raiding or high m+? Chest/stagger ring maybe? I see more and more people with chest/gai plin. I mean we rarely purify… so is the belt even viable? And do u guys play with ht for higher m+ or progress? I know a lot of questions! And sorry for my english, i´m german.

greetings

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hey everyone,

So we will have the new legendary ring:
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/151643-so...he-grandmaster
    Which gives us Mystic Vitality.

What do you think about it?
    In my opinion, MV is a bad talent to be on that ring, because other two options in that talent row are Dampen Harm and Healing Elixirs and they are pretty much useless in current raids. Of course it will be nice to have them as an additional options, but this doesnt give us any diversity, so the ring will not be the legendary to wear in raids. Still for M+ it will be quite good legendary. I think High Tolerance (or Elusive Dance) is the talent that should be on the ring.
    Last edited by Aracs; 2017-05-17 at 10:46 AM.

It's not bad at all there are lots of situations where having dampen harm+ mystic vitality could be useful, that said brews already have a lot of great legendaries so this one probably won't make the cut ever, unless you really need a cd every 2 minutes (in which case you'd prolly just call an external and run a more useful legendary)

high tolerance or elusive dance on the ring would just be broken op, there is a good reason it's not on the ring

Judging by the bonuses they've put on all the rings so far, there are only a handful of talents that could realistically be on the ring anyway. (Some conjecture ahead)

L100 talents are out because they're too impactful. L15 talents are out because they're too shit. They presumably want the ring to be performance-enhancing, which leaves out L30 and L60 since they're mobility/CC tiers. They also seem to only be putting passive effects on the rings, so any active talents are also out.

Lastly, I don't think they would put purely offensive talents on any of the rings for tanks, which leaves out SD.

Which leaves LB, GotM, and MV. Imo, the best realistic outcome for us would have been if the ring had LB on it. However, I suspect that if they did pick a talent from the L45 tier it would've been GotM.

I swear there was a list of things EK ignores in M+. Anyone know where that is?