Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Oh look, people are already worried about their heroic strats once they reach 940 ilvl and kill the fight in 1 min. Cool.
    The fight (on mythic btw. Not much point doing it on HC) is a bit like Cenarius in how much you can shorten it by removing add spawns. Fastest kills take about 4 minutes. The boss hits 50% about 1:30 in, before anyone comes back up spawning adds. Adding a little bit of gear and a comp that doesn't worry about the long term, you can probably zerg it with just one tank. The only limiting factor for that is when that tank hits 100 torment, and a BrM dodging the majority of the hits can facilitate that.

Also: One tanking is going to be more fun than this stupid down phase.
    Last edited by mmoc41520863c8; 2017-07-11 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Clarification

Kinda new to brew coming from a mw background. Are there any super secret boss strats I should know about? Like can we solo soak maiden hammers using zen med+fort, or is there any particular strat for fel claws beyond taking dampen and purifying hard at 4-5 stacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Wouldn't the Soul of the Grandmaster ring and running with dampen harm be the better solution? You get 50% dr on big hits every 2 minutes plus you can use ZM still if you just time it well enough. Don't have the helm, but don't see much point to it anyway.
    I just run dampen harm + the helmet. ZM isn't reliable on scythe because he does it as an instant action alongside melees, i.e. without the helmet there's times you'd need to ZM within 0.01s of a melee hitting you to get the scythe without getting canceled. If you're solo soaking all the scythes, dampen harm alone isn't enough. The helmet just adds an option other than externals. If you just want to / can use all the externals instead you obviously can.

I just run dampen harm for everything anyway. New Mystic Vitality after the nerfs on top of the stagger nerfs barely even changes the incoming initial hit at all.

Is there a way to separate out how much the t20 4p purifies?

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Is there a way to separate out how much the t20 4p purifies?
    What do you mean by separate? If you mean by proccing one at a time when you have say 4 to get the 4 5% purify over and over then walk over top the orbs proccing the 4 piece each time. That is what I did during KJ and it worked pretty well. I purified once it got big and while my brews were on CD i walked over each orb individually to help heal me up and proc 4 piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dhays View Post
    What do you mean by separate? If you mean by proccing one at a time when you have say 4 to get the 4 5% purify over and over then walk over top the orbs proccing the 4 piece each time. That is what I did during KJ and it worked pretty well. I purified once it got big and while my brews were on CD i walked over each orb individually to help heal me up and proc 4 piece.
    He (most likely) means if it is possible to see from logs how much your 4pc alone removed damage in total.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

can someone give me a link for some weakauras for brew? the ones on wago aren't that good...

I'm looking for something to easily see the cds of major abilities and something that's handling the brew mechanic nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    can someone give me a link for some weakauras for brew? the ones on wago aren't that good...

I'm looking for something to easily see the cds of major abilities and something that's handling the brew mechanic nicely.
    Sloot's are good just make sure you follow the instructions on importing the custom art files.

http://slootbag.com/weak-auras/

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrew View Post
    Stormstout's Last Gasp- Highest dps legendary. Zero defensive benefits though
    More Keg Smash = more brews

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaboostme View Post
    More Keg Smash = more brews
    It doesn't give you many more Keg Smashes. It gives you an extra one at the start of the fight, and maybe 2 to 3 extra over the course of the fight depending on how good you where at keeping KS on cd without it as well as any downtime.

Let's not kid ourselves, the only reason you equip it is to do more damage and that in itself is a good reason to equip it as the base brewmaster kit is already really strong defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It doesn't give you many more Keg Smashes. It gives you an extra one at the start of the fight, and maybe 2 to 3 extra over the course of the fight depending on how good you where at keeping KS on cd without it as well as any downtime.

Let's not kid ourselves, the only reason you equip it is to do more damage and that in itself is a good reason to equip it as the base brewmaster kit is already really strong defensively.
    Im not discussing which is better and of course this wont be your top priority.
    Whether your opinion is that it doesnt give more or not, its still not "Zero Defensive" benefit. Which is what I'm pointing out.
    More Keg Smash = more brews = Not Zero Defensive
    Its still something, especially for those who dont have many legendary choices

"It gives you an extra one at the start of the fight, and maybe 2 to 3 extra over the course of the fight "

Unless youre talking about heroic dungeons I dont think youve used it before against a boss fight. You're dropping Keg smash every 4 seconds rather than 8 seconds.
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2017-07-13 at 12:30 AM.

Im not discussing which is better and of course this wont be your top priority.
    Whether your opinion is that it doesnt give more or not, its still not "Zero Defensive" benefit. Which is what I'm pointing out.
    More Keg Smash = more brews = Not Zero Defensive
    Its still something, especially for those who dont have many legendary choices

"It gives you an extra one at the start of the fight, and maybe 2 to 3 extra over the course of the fight "

Unless youre talking about heroic dungeons I dont think youve used it before against a boss fight. You're dropping Keg smash every 4 seconds rather than 8 seconds.
    Ah ok, so you don't actually know what the item does...
    please read the item description and come back after.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Ah ok, so you don't actually know what the item does...
    please read the item description and come back after.
    I know its doesnt say that in the description, my point is 2 stacks CD is getting an average Keg Smash in double as much which would be an average of 4 seconds including indirect benefits that lower the CD; while the person is saying you only get 1 extra from the start and maybe 2 or 3 more in a boss fight. It is definitely much more than that.
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2017-07-13 at 12:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know its doesnt say that in the description, my point is 2 stacks CD is getting an average Keg Smash in double as much which would be an average of 4 seconds, while the person is saying you only get 1 extra and maybe 2 or 3 more in a boss fight.
    Okay let's be serious here. 2 charges doesn't mean you get twice as much casts. These charges "reload" one at a time. To get the second charge you must have first one unused.

You still (at 0 haste) get 1 keg smash every 8 seconds with shoulders. You can just "bank" one extra.

If you ever played ANY tank spec you would know this. This is how our brews work. This is how Shield of the Righteous works. This is how Shield Block works. This is how Rune Tap works. This is how Survival Instinct works. This is how Demon Spikes work.

I know its doesnt say that in the description, my point is 2 stacks CD is getting an average Keg Smash in double as much which would be an average of 4 seconds, while the person is saying you only get 1 extra from the start and maybe 2 or 3 more in a boss fight. It is definitely much more than that.
    Re-read it. You get two charges of Keg Smash. Charges share a recharge timer they don't run in parrallel... so it goes like this:
    KS use #1.... ~6 second recharge starts
    KS use #2.... ~6 second recharge starts again
    ... ~6 seconds later
    KS use #3.... ~6 second recharge starts yet again

You only get to use KS back to back once, then it is down to waiting on a recharge again.

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Okay let's be serious here. 2 charges doesn't mean you get twice as much casts. These charges "reload" one at a time. To get the second charge you must have first one unused.

You still (at 0 haste) get 1 keg smash every 8 seconds with shoulders. You can just "bank" one extra.

If you ever played ANY tank spec you would know this. This is how our brews work. This is how Shield of the Righteous works. This is how Shield Block works. This is how Rune Tap works. This is how Survival Instinct works. This is how Demon Spikes work.
    Yes its not 50% reduction of course. Especially when you have to consider indirect stats that lower the cooldown which lowers the cd even more,
    Im speaking of average and how someone pointed out that the Shoulder Legendary gave 0 defensive advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Lodion View Post
    Re-read it. You get two charges of Keg Smash. Charges share a recharge timer they don't run in parrallel... so it goes like this:
    KS use #1.... ~6 second recharge starts
    KS use #2.... ~6 second recharge starts again
    ... ~6 seconds later
    KS use #3.... ~6 second recharge starts yet again

You only get to use KS back to back once, then it is down to waiting on a recharge again.
    Right exactly, i said its on average, and your description is much more precise. Also consider the Blackout Combo Talent

Last time I checked, it is still not "0 Defensive Bonus" from the Legendary Shoulder
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2017-07-13 at 01:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes its not 50% reduction of course. Especially when you have to consider indirect stats that lower the cooldown.
    Im speaking of average and how someone pointed out that the Shoulder Legendary gave 0 defensive advantage

Right exactly, i said its on average, and your description is much more precise.

Last time I checked, it is still not "0 Defensive Bonus" from the Legendary Shoulder
    Of course they are not absolute 0 defensive bonus. But them being zero defensive legendary is less of an overstatement than your "keg smash every 4 seconds".

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Of course they are not absolute 0 defensive bonus. But them being zero defensive legendary is less of an overstatement than your "keg smash every 4 seconds".
    Ill admit 4 sec average was off from the realistic 6 sec average, but to say that is much more of an overstatement from "no defensive bonus" is like getting confused from which two tones is black and grey

Yes its not 50% reduction of course. Especially when you have to consider indirect stats that lower the cooldown and how I was considering the Blackout Combo talent which lowers the cd even more,
    Blackout Combo doesn't lower cd on keg smash it lowers cds on brews after keg smash.