Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Yeah it's nice to only have 1 trinket slot

But thankfully it isn't useless permaslot trinket now.
    Ah yeah, another case of posting before thinking. I thought the only issue with the trinket was the one we had with the Goroth one. Raidwide buffs on trinkets are goddamn retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Ah yeah, another case of posting before thinking. I thought the only issue with the trinket was the one we had with the Goroth one. Raidwide buffs on trinkets are goddamn retarded.
    The biggest issue about was that while Goroth trinket was hindrance to you, on the new trinkets the low uptime was hindrance for the whole raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Yeah it's nice to only have 1 trinket slot

But thankfully it isn't useless permaslot trinket now.
    Not like it's less interesting than. The stat stick it's likely to replace )

Does our 4set (T20) Reduce stagger amount by 5% PER orb consumed or each time i consume any amount of orbs?
    I.e if i wait and gather 5 orbs, will it cleanse 25% of stagger or 5%?
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    Does our 4set (T20) Reduce stagger amount by 5% PER orb consumed or each time i consume any amount of orbs?
    I.e if i wait and gather 5 orbs, will it cleanse 25% of stagger or 5%?
    Neither, but closer to the 25%. Each orb will clear 5% of current stagger, but that is calculated after each orb. So 5 orbs would end up being 0.95^5=77.4% left, or 22.6% cleansed. Realistically the difference is marginal, and you just play on exactly as you would have before.

I actually dropped the 4 piece set for better stats and ilvls and I have no regrets. It feels very underwhelming. It obviously depends on how much you gain from switching gear tho. It's not the worst set bonus, but more than often it's just an extra purify here and there. My overall stagger amount didn't change that much without it.

every set bonus is worth X amount of ilvls, upon crossing that threshold by some twisted luck you really are better off with crazy titanforged gear, which is possible in the vast amount of RNG present in the game, however the odds are so small than even theorycrafters frown upon seeing such fringe cases

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    from what discord had found a few days ago it looks like this has been fixed. people were getting 50%ish uptime

- - - Updated - - -

Can confirm this now. played around on the dummies in the class hall and was getting a 40-50ish percent uptime. seems to have been fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    That is fucking amazing. So there might even be a chance that I get to unequip my Darkmoon Deck.
    Yea 10 mins on the target dummy and I still only got 10% up time... don't think its fixed. Discord still reports it not being fixed for BrMs either.

Quote Originally Posted by Staggered View Post
    Yea 10 mins on the target dummy and I still only got 10% up time... don't think its fixed. Discord still reports it not being fixed for BrMs either.
    its pinned that its fixed in the discord and i had substantially higher uptime (43%ish) in a smililar test. so who knows.

its pinned that its fixed in the discord and i had substantially higher uptime (43%ish) in a smililar test. so who knows.
    Are you talking about the Pantheon trinket? I was referring to the Feverish Carapace. Maybe thats the disconnect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you talking about the Pantheon trinket? I was referring to the Feverish Carapace. Maybe thats the disconnect.
    Well everyone else was talking about pantheon trinkets so your post was really confusing.

But still interesting that they band-aided the pantheon trinket instead of fixing the damage taken procs overall for BrM.

yeah, the pantheon trinket.

Yea I reread the previous posts and have no idea where I got the Carapace from... so my bad.

looks like the proc was changed from armor to vers. will be nice to not get useless procs when not tanking i suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    looks like the proc was changed from armor to vers. will be nice to not get useless procs when not tanking i suppose.
    Too bad all versatility just gets shadowed by the ever growing massive concordance proc.

I really hate to ask this question, as it's literally tank 101; holding threat. But how in the buggery do you guys deal quick burst threat compared to a ludicrously high DPS tank such as a DH?

I tank our Alt raids alongside a DH, who maintains a /very/ aggressive DPS playstyle, and by christ do I have trouble keeping that threat above his in transition scenarios. I do the 2/3 TP rotation properly depending on how I'm setup for the fight, but quite often it doesn't seem to be enough. He outgears me by 15 ilvl but I'm certainly not going to lie on that as an excuse. On demand burst threat just really seems to be an issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by elvor0 View Post
    I really hate to ask this question, as it's literally tank 101; holding threat. But how in the buggery do you guys deal quick burst threat compared to a ludicrously high DPS tank such as a DH?

I tank our Alt raids alongside a DH, who maintains a /very/ aggressive DPS playstyle, and by christ do I have trouble keeping that threat above his in transition scenarios. I do the 2/3 TP rotation properly depending on how I'm setup for the fight, but quite often it doesn't seem to be enough. He outgears me by 15 ilvl but I'm certainly not going to lie on that as an excuse. On demand burst threat just really seems to be an issue for me.
    15 ilvl is a lot and I mean A LOT of extra damage, especially if we're talking about DH with dps legendaries.

There is not much you can do besides properly executing your rotation, getting more crit and good dps trinkets. Well, getting shoulders legendary will solve all your problems with threat (if you don't have them already).
    Things you can actually do:
    1) Switching for Blackout Combo
    2) Asking him to not going full ham on dps with everything on burst

The rest is just getting better gear/relics/trinkets/legendaries. DH bursts can be insane, I know it very well as I raided with DH offtank too.

Edit:
    Oh, one more thing. You can start the pull with taunt. I'm surprised how many people don't know about taunt increasing threat gain for 400% for 3 seconds of it's duration.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-10-11 at 05:39 PM.

Too bad all versatility just gets shadowed by the ever growing massive concordance proc.
    not likeyou will ever get to 100% regardless. anything seems better than armor when you dont need it.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    15 ilvl is a lot and I mean A LOT of extra damage, especially if we're talking about DH with dps legendaries.

There is not much you can do besides properly executing your rotation, getting more crit and good dps trinkets. Well, getting shoulders legendary will solve all your problems with threat (if you don't have them already).
    Things you can actually do:
    1) Switching for Blackout Combo
    2) Asking him to not going full ham on dps with everything on burst

The rest is just getting better gear/relics/trinkets/legendaries. DH bursts can be insane, I know it very well as I raided with DH offtank too.
    Yeah no shoulders for me yet unfortunately and only one FP relic. Ho hum. Might just have to ask him to tone it down a little. Am already doing BoC, I've /tried/ Gift/High Tolerance a few times, but I dunno, didn't really feel like it gave me that much more survivability and the lack of BoB just isn't something I'm comfortable with.

I mean I'm fine if he bursts while I'm already tanking, it's if there's a taunt period that I have issues, obviously once you've done a KS and a TP, taunt bonus is already gone and you're back to just doing the rotation. I love everything else about BM, but compared to my Pally I dislike not having that "I need burst NOW" that comes with Shield procs.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Edit:
    Oh, one more thing. You can start the pull with taunt. I'm surprised how many people don't know about taunt increasing threat gain for 400% for 3 seconds of it's duration.
    Yar, I just let him go first tho anyway, makes sense given how much more burst than me he has.

Thanks tho, it's nice to know that it's not /just/ me. Obviously not gonna just lie down and blame all my problems on the ilvl as I know I still have a massive amount of room for improvement and it's just somewhat demoralizing to ask "how I hold threat" :P
    Last edited by elvor0; 2017-10-11 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elvor0 View Post
    Yar, I just let him go first tho anyway, makes sense given how much more burst than me he has.
    That's the best thing to do to start fixing the problem, let the tank with larger burst tank first, and make sure he is taunting on the pull, even if there is no danger of you pulling off him. Reason is, the bigger the threat pool and the faster it is established, the safer taunt swaps down the line will be, as there will be a bigger gap before someone hits 110% threat. Once 2 or 3 taunt swaps happen, there should be no danger of overaggro. Also try to ensure there's a KS in your taunt window when you swap, but I think you've got that already.

I do find it odd that you have trouble on taunt swaps, the pull is really the only place where any overaggro issues should occur, unless there are adds, but they generally don't pose any issue damage-wise. My co-tank has long since given up on trying to hold the stalkers on Mistress for example.

You should be fine starting with bosses as well, though, might be your opener. What I do is pot and turn on RJW at 2 seconds, toss Explosive Keg at 1, and then taunt-double keg smash (an empowered TP will fit and work instead without shoulders). That's 3 of your hardest hitting abilities within the threat multiplier window, and god help the threat meter if Keg smash Procs extra hits. Doing this, there isn't a tank in the world who will pull aggro off of you before it's time, unless for some reason they also taunted on the pull. That's really what you should avoid, both tanks taunting has caused the larges issues for me in the past.

On some bosses, like Goroth for example, or Sisters, the first taunt swap happens rather soon into the encounter(sooner than a normal swap would), and in those cases it may be beneficial for you to start, and let him go full ham with his threat after the first swap, as it will be awhile until the next.