Thread: Tooltip bug

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Tooltip bug

I'm having a really weird bug with my tooltips.
    Items are showing things they're not.

For instance:

Which really is Amice of Phantasmal Power
    As seen in the screenshot, it even show 'You receive item: Demonsteel armguards" - so there's something going on with item IDs or... something.

It happens all the time. When i restart the game everything is fixed. ReloadUI does not fix it.
    I've tried deleting the Cache folder, tried running with 0 addons enabled.
    Nothing has helped.

Does anyone else have this issue? Or more importantly does anyone have a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Zungate View Post
    I'm having a really weird bug with my tooltips.
    Items are showing things they're not.

Try deleting any old macros (remember to backup/rename macros-cache.txt)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5218?page=3#48

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, will give that a try

Seems to be a persistent issue, since I did just that in removing the macro's and it came back again later and then reverted itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    It seems to have fixed it for me. Removed macros and renamed macros-cache.txt to macros-cache.old
    I don't have a macros-cache.txt now, so I suspect that was the culprit.

Just tried that again with also removing the macro-cache files.
    Still not working.
    This is very annoying now.

Edit: Didn't realise some addons were enabled still.
    Comments suggest Linkepedia is a problem, and disabling that amongst others seemed to work - at least for the meantime.
    Time will tell.
    Uninstalling that addon full stop at the moment.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-21 at 04:07 PM.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    I have the same issue but i don't even know what the likepedia addon is. I can't find anything on the official forums. But i have freshly installed all addons and i have the same issues. Even without the addons stuff doesn't fix itself.

But to "troubleshoot"

I do have
    Bagnon
    pitbull
    bartender4
    vuhdo
    deadly boss mods
    exorsus raid tools
    weak auras
    skada
    details
    quartz
    postal
    prat
    omnicc
    auctionator.

Pretty commong addons i believe.

If unlike me you actually do disable all addons, and still have the issue then it could be the macro issue.

Back up any macro's you want to restore later, copy and paste into a text document perhaps.
    Either delete manually, or run a script to do that for you, on that character.

Code:
    /script for i=1,138 do DeleteMacro(i) end
    Exit the game, and search for and either rename or delete any macro-cache* files.
    I went and deleted them all, since at that point I had manually backed up any macros I would want to use later.

Also perhaps delete the cache folder, optional.