Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Timewalking destroying groups

anyone else been in a timewalking group (and god forbid, even mythics! ) and being utterly destroyed ever since the patch?

more specificity, the Arcatraz?

i kept seeing tanks being two shotted by the eredar in that place and then id get one shotted quickly after. maybe everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except it's not Timewalking, it's the new specs and changes they've made.

People still think everything is the same old some old and thus they think they can just run heads first into everything and expect it to fall over just by blinking.
    WRONG!

Give it some time

I think thats the current blizzard's objective regarding healing and healthpools in legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Nope, i did 15+ TW since patch and only problem i had was one disci priest who was utterly clueless what to do. Then again he wouldn't even heal to full between fights so he probably was a moron.

sky is falling. again.

and again.

and agai...

I think people need time to adjust to new skills and rotations before they can play optimally.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I think people need time to adjust to new skills and rotations before they can play optimally.
    Definitely ! My bars are almost empty and I need some time to adjust to a few buttons !

Deleted
    Most tanks need to get used to their new way of damage income. As a warrior i know just having shieldblock wont give me enough to sustain my health against a pack.
    But now i got used to it i can pull a few packs at a time again.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Nope, i did 15+ TW since patch and only problem i had was one disci priest who was utterly clueless what to do. Then again he wouldn't even heal to full between fights so he probably was a moron.
    Disc is incredibly weird now. People might figure it out or they might not, and Blizzard might leave it as it is or there might be one of those mid-expansion reworks that they say they never want to do, but sometimes do anyway.

I don't think Blizzard wants even one healing spec that is too hard to play. Easy to learn, hard to master > Hard to learn, whatever to master

Quote Originally Posted by Pinka View Post
    Most tanks need to get used to their new way of damage income. As a warrior i know just having shieldblock wont give me enough to sustain my health against a pack.
    But now i got used to it i can pull a few packs at a time again.
    BrM is like ... wow ... I sure hope I'm being healed. I'm not sure that's going to work out either.

Deleted
    TBC heroics actually used to be tricky! Add in new class / spec mechanics and more stressed healers and that's what happens. Saying that though, I've only done Magister's Terrace since the patch and I didn't have any problems healing it. Got abit hairy in the council boss as we pulled them with a load of trash but hey, CDs (nuts).

Deleted
    The only problem I have had on my tank, healer and dps in both TW and M dungeons are people complaining the prepatch ruined their class. 90% of them had full PvP gear so I didnt bother discussing and just vote kicked them.
    /care

Arc wrecked us the first time we did it months n months ago, since then we learned how to navigate it without trouble. We basically queue together as a guild (at least 3), with tank, heals and at least 1 dps. Pretty smooth. Anything happens to the tank and we'd good about adjusting in that moment. Only did one TW due to storms and it wasn't bad. We went a little slower, since the resto sham heals hadn't played yet with the new talents.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The game is no longer balanced around level 100 sadly, its around the artifacts and until we have them we may yet continue having issues with time walking.

Pre-Expansion patch brings turmoil and changes that impact the content, more at 11!

... Seriously, SO many people have no clue how to play their reworked classes. SO many people don't seem to understand that the game is now tuned around level 110, not 100, making relative power unpredictable at that level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thealmightymoo View Post
    anyone else been in a timewalking group (and god forbid, even mythics! ) and being utterly destroyed ever since the patch?

i kept seeing tanks being two shotted by the eredar in that place and then id get one shotted quickly after. maybe everything.
    Wow, so game is hard for bad players. I tanked two eredar at the same time without problems. Mythic dungeons also, went fine.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thealmightymoo View Post

I haven't done arcatraz since the new patch but yeah, there's always some issues doing current content when the pre-patch hits. Getting used to my new rotation, especially as a healer can take a bit. That being said, after a few deaths in shattered halls I was able to run through several dungeons without any serious issues.

Deleted
    I had to flame hard a Druid tank I got while healing one of the timewalking dungeons because he didn't use any active mitigation at all. Didn't even use Frenzied Regen.

Damage seems a bit higher than before but I think it's a good thing. Actually had my first tw wipe today, had a good group tho and we just laughed it off. Someone accidentally pulled another pack which resulted in the wipe, which is as it should be imo. Can't just blow through zones pulling everything in sight

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't recall a prepatch reducing damage and survivability ever before. On the contrary, everything has been a faceroll always after a prepatch when compared to the previous patch. So it might indeed be that you need the artifact.

But I haven't played yet, so can't say if my toons are also affected or if it's just a learn to play issue.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Arcatraz was the only dungeon we had any trouble with. Incoming damage just seems overtuned, but it's definitely manageable.