How bad is an 880 Ethereal Urn with a socket for Ret and does Greater Judgment ever overtake any of the other talents at a certain mastery % because of the guaranteed crits (until 50% HP ofc)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post
    How bad is an 880 Ethereal Urn with a socket for Ret and does Greater Judgment ever overtake any of the other talents at a certain mastery % because of the guaranteed crits (until 50% HP ofc)?
    That's one interesting question and quite easy to answer from a theorycrafter. Reckon it has to do with uptime and mastery and an answer to your question would be quite usefull for fights like ursoc mythic where u could hold high uptime with a couple of adds spawning near boss regurarly however as it is i guess it would result in a dps loss overall since u would have to drop quite some crit to reach appropriate levels.
    Would like to see some feedback too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post
    Shouldn't be too bad. Pretty much standard generated answer would be "use simcraft". At around 8000 Mastery(tiny bit more) Greater Judgment does catch up with Zeal(5min fight length with Heroism/Lust on pull). Add a bit more mastery and it will overtake Zeal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyru View Post
    Shouldn't be too bad. Pretty much standard generated answer would be "use simcraft". At around 8000 Mastery(tiny bit more) Greater Judgment does catch up with Zeal(5min fight length with Heroism/Lust on pull). Add a bit more mastery and it will overtake Zeal.
    Reckon that is for ST fight without adds poping (Greater judge would have an easier time there since it would have more uptime and if 2+ targets even more value).
    One thing that bothers me for some time : How do they count secondaries according to ilvl. For example if i were to have an average ilvl of lets say 870 would i have a set of 30k spread around various secondaries or is this not set that way . (lets ignore trinkets for this since they vary alot and got procs etc and they may be tuned around them). In other words if i had a set ilvl in order to add 3k mastery would i loose 3k in lets say crit ? and how would that affect my total dps ? Cause this way of counting would make it easier to set goals, bis for various talent combos and fight types.
    Lets hope that by nighthold gear from mythic+ will be kinda irrelevant and we will have less gear options and they will be narrowed to 2 -3 sets max (specially since tier will come in play)

Undead can be Priests but not Paladins because Priests use the Holy Light for the preservation of life. Paladins mainly use it offensively... but sometimes for the preservation of life...
    The what now?

- - - Updated - - -

So they are saying artifacts are going away after Failegion, and they are going to explain why and how.
    Do we give up our Ashbringer? Do we lose it? Do we pass it onto someone?
    How can one give up the fething Ashbringer?
    With Tirion it was at least understandable - he was dying and passed it unto us.
    But we won't die. So we won't pass it up out of free will. One can conclude then, that there will be no more Ashbringer, as in both sword and person.

Actually, what the feth? Why do we gain the Highlord title at the end of class hall?
    The one who wields the Ashbringer is also called the Ashbringer, it's even stated in the sword lore.

Oh I know, it would be too much if a hassle and actual work regarding lore or spec affinity making different titles for different specs.
    I'm no Highlord for sure. I'm not some general or a commander.
    I'm the Ashbringer. I purge the unclean. I leave only ash in my wake.

Deleted
    Ashbringer traits built into specc (as Storm said the paladin is the ashbringer) and we good to go with other weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    The what now?

- - - Updated - - -

So they are saying artifacts are going away after Failegion, and they are going to explain why and how.
    Do we give up our Ashbringer? Do we lose it? Do we pass it onto someone?
    How can one give up the fething Ashbringer?
    With Tirion it was at least understandable - he was dying and passed it unto us.
    But we won't die. So we won't pass it up out of free will. One can conclude then, that there will be no more Ashbringer, as in both sword and person.

Actually, what the feth? Why do we gain the Highlord title at the end of class hall?
    The one who wields the Ashbringer is also called the Ashbringer, it's even stated in the sword lore.

Oh I know, it would be too much if a hassle and actual work regarding lore or spec affinity making different titles for different specs.
    I'm no Highlord for sure. I'm not some general or a commander.
    I'm the Ashbringer. I purge the unclean. I leave only ash in my wake.
    I think the idea that the Ashbringer is also the person wielding the sword sets the groundwork for is losing the sword. It gets destroyed/sacrificed/we absorb it and it's power lives on in us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

Deleted
    To be honest, the ashbringer is not a problem. What worries me is that losing the artifact will mean the BM hunter pet, Hati, will die. That is super sad.

Of all the uncertainity this spec has, from PVP future to total unstable idiotism in seconfary stats, you are worried about Hati. Oh well
    this is why this class' talent tree is a cookie cutter with Zeal for 5/7 fights.
    If only we could cry out loud like a bleeding victims, just like mages do for their every spec
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Ashbringer traits built into specc (as Storm said the paladin is the ashbringer) and we good to go with other weapons.
    Yeah... but I really like some of the Ashbringer appearances and colour variations. I'd be happy with the above, as long as all of the Ashbringer appearances we have unlocked are added to our T-mog wardrobe.

@Wrecktangle Is that macro of yours bannable? If not I'd totally love to see it.

Ret relics.. i only ever see Arcane and Iron in raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    @Wrecktangle Is that macro of yours bannable? If not I'd totally love to see it.
    Used it too, but cast icons were not refreshing fast enough to benefit of.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    You sure that is in accordance with the terms of service? Macro's that do more than an action per global are not really allowed, i thought. Nothing seems to have happened so far though.
    I'm not sure personally, but I mean 6+ years is a long time to be using and not see any negatives. It doesn't automate anything complex. It just spams a single key press over and over, to prevent injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    I'm not an AHK user, but I can tell you that Blizzard is okay with it as long as it's only one single specific keybind repeated over for ease in avoiding carpal tunnel. They don't want exposure for AHK but won't ban for using it this way.
    I'd agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    PMd.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphyr View Post
    Used it too, but cast icons were not refreshing fast enough to benefit of.
    I could see the macro not working terribly well if you had terrible ping or FPS (where your hardware is the actual limit, rather than human ability), but my experience doesn't match yours at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh real quick - what trinkets should we be using for Mythic +s? Not sold that my FCM is cutting it here, and I'm not sure what to replace it with, and I'm not sure what to supplement in the other trinket slot. I do not have access to Ettin FN, or Unstable Arcano.
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2016-11-07 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Oh real quick - what trinkets should we be using for Mythic +s? Not sold that my FCM is cutting it here, and I'm not sure what to replace it with, and I'm not sure what to supplement in the other trinket slot. I do not have access to Ettin FN, or Unstable Arcano.
    What issue do you see with FCM? When I've simmed it with multiple targets it still does very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krille20 View Post
    On icy-veins it says I should reset when I have 64k AP and on this guide it says 67k. I have about 65.7k atm but not many things that reward AP left to do. How much is it?

I found two WQs in Suramar to do so now I have 67.6k. Disregard my question.
    You need 67k for the traits to go the long way, but you only actually need about 64k because when you reset you'll get over 3k back.

Hey guys, i'm just trying to get an understanding on how stat weights work, I have been under the impression that Crit/Haste were king, but after learning how to Sim properly, my stat weights come up much different.

https://gyazo.com/d92326e456acdf6192c93b2ebb6f3437

Will stat weights change at certain thresholds? I also use the addon Pawn to help me select upgrades, should I sim my best stats and update pawn after I get a new item?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arrav View Post
    Hey guys, i'm just trying to get an understanding on how stat weights work, I have been under the impression that Crit/Haste were king, but after learning how to Sim properly, my stat weights come up much different.

https://gyazo.com/d92326e456acdf6192c93b2ebb6f3437

Will stat weights change at certain thresholds? I also use the addon Pawn to help me select upgrades, should I sim my best stats and update pawn after I get a new item?
    The TL;DR I've seen of that is get haste to where you're comfortable(mine's around 21%), then vers and crit as much as you can. Mastery if you wanna AoE in mythic +
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Thoughts on these two necks?

875 Xavius - 691 haste / 1325 crit
    860 Dungeon - 1252 haste / 653 vers

Do you think having the majority of the budget spent on the better stat (haste) is worth dropping 15 ilvls? This is also my only source of versatility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calimon-ZJ View Post
    Thoughts on these two necks?

875 Xavius - 691 haste / 1325 crit
    860 Dungeon - 1252 haste / 653 vers

Do you think having the majority of the budget spent on the better stat (haste) is worth dropping 15 ilvls? This is also my only source of versatility.
    ilvl has no meaning for necks and rings. If this is your only versatility item, i think it might be highly budgeted. But this is a question to wich simming your character is the only answer. It also depends on the ammount of haste you got. Above certain values haste drops in value compared to versatility, strength and crit.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-11-08 at 03:31 AM.