Most optimal way to play all classes in Legion?

What is the most optimal way to play all of the classes in Legion at the start? Not wanting to max out all classes artifact power, but is there an optimal point where you can stop and play another class? (IE: For WoD it was getting the garrison up and running to start collecting resources...then level 3, etc...)

Could it be collecting the artifact weapon and unlocking the class hall on all toons?

Maybe getting all toons to a point where you can start order hall missions with them?

Thanks in advance!

Probably hitting 110 and keeping up artifact research. Artifact research is a form of work order that increases how much artifact knowledge you get. It gets more lucrative the more you have, it goes up to 25. At the start of the expansion it takes a few days, then there will be a server-wide affect where it takes short time as the expansion continues. But, it will probably still be faster to do the research from the start of the expansion.

If artifact power isn't what you want there's not much else. The gold from order hall missions isn't that great. Definitely not worth it for missions.

Deleted
    Also worth noting that the 14th Artifact Trait costs the same as all 13 Artifact Traits before that combined. Depending on how much time you want to spend on each character, getting the artifact up to 13 points (and unlocking the first golden dragon ability might be optimal.

He clearly said his question wasn't about maxing artifact power, and thats what the first two replies are :/

By optimally play all the classes, are you basically wanting to see all the class stories I guess?

Each story is different but they follow a very similar pattern. You get order hall quests unlocked at 100, 101, 102, 104, 106, 108, 110 I believe. To start, you'll do some quests, get sent all around the world, recruit your first two followers, and have them run some short missions. I think it's at lvl 104 that you reach your first time gate, where you have to run five 12+ hour missions, and you only have the people/counters to really run one at a time. When you get to that time gate, it would probably be a decent time to move onto another character.
    There is a second time gate, not sure if it's 108 or 110, my characters have always been 110 before I've sat down and gone through the class campaign enough. Once again you have to run five missions, 16-24 hours this time. Another good time to switch to another character.

Please be aware of 2 things:
    1) Initial scaling at 100 is tough. You'll be wearing 790ish and the mobs seem tuned for 805-810ish. You might find it preferably to gear characters up a little through world quests so that you can more easily complete the class campaigns when you are 110. There's usually 2-3 world quests rewarding gear a day, so you can slowly gear that way rather than spam running dungeons.
    2) There's no way to passively gain order resources, you have to go out and do content to get them. My current leveling path, which doesn't really bother killing many rares, still ends up at 110 with 9,000 resources, which is plenty for running missions. However if you're putting in artifact research on CD, which costs 500, and doing class order hall research which costs thousands, you can run out pretty quickly. If you're just there to see class campaigns, I'd avoid order hall research...

Quote Originally Posted by solidstate101 View Post
    What is the most optimal way to play all of the classes in Legion at the start? Not wanting to max out all classes artifact power, but is there an optimal point where you can stop and play another class? (IE: For WoD it was getting the garrison up and running to start collecting resources...then level 3, etc...)

Could it be collecting the artifact weapon and unlocking the class hall on all toons?

Maybe getting all toons to a point where you can start order hall missions with them?

Thanks in advance!

No problem.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solidstate101 View Post

Thanks in advance!
    There might be useful info somewhere in my sig.
    Self-promotion aside, there're a lot of other resources on youtube and other fansites for the initial Legion experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0928 View Post
    He clearly said his question wasn't about maxing artifact power, and thats what the first two replies are :/

By optimally play all the classes, are you basically wanting to see all the class stories I guess?

Each story is different but they follow a very similar pattern. You get order hall quests unlocked at 100, 101, 102, 104, 106, 108, 110 I believe. To start, you'll do some quests, get sent all around the world, recruit your first two followers, and have them run some short missions. I think it's at lvl 104 that you reach your first time gate, where you have to run five 12+ hour missions, and you only have the people/counters to really run one at a time. When you get to that time gate, it would probably be a decent time to move onto another character.
    There is a second time gate, not sure if it's 108 or 110, my characters have always been 110 before I've sat down and gone through the class campaign enough. Once again you have to run five missions, 16-24 hours this time. Another good time to switch to another character.

Please be aware of 2 things:
    1) Initial scaling at 100 is tough. You'll be wearing 790ish and the mobs seem tuned for 805-810ish. You might find it preferably to gear characters up a little through world quests so that you can more easily complete the class campaigns when you are 110. There's usually 2-3 world quests rewarding gear a day, so you can slowly gear that way rather than spam running dungeons.
    2) There's no way to passively gain order resources, you have to go out and do content to get them. My current leveling path, which doesn't really bother killing many rares, still ends up at 110 with 9,000 resources, which is plenty for running missions. However if you're putting in artifact research on CD, which costs 500, and doing class order hall research which costs thousands, you can run out pretty quickly. If you're just there to see class campaigns, I'd avoid order hall research...
    How do you get 9k resources - by doing alot of bonus objectives?

Thank you!!! This is exactly the info I was looking for

Quote Originally Posted by b0928 View Post
    In my defense I did say missions weren't worth it if they weren't going for artifact power and they hadn't mentioned wanting to just see the story. I figured I'd throw in the artifact research info for people who did want that for their alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Press buttons on your keyboard...

Anyway, if you are altaholic, then at least you should unlock Order Class hall and Artifact Knowledge missions to have them rolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Press buttons on your keyboard...

Anyway, if you are altaholic, then at least you should unlock Order Class hall and Artifact Knowledge missions to have them rolling.
    Legion may be cure we Altoholics need. Will definetely concentrate on just my two Mains this Expansion - So much to do. World Quests, Class Halls, Artifacts, Professions, Suramar, Dungenons and LFR is worthwhile to do, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Legion may be cure we Altoholics need. Will definetely concentrate on just my two Mains this Expansion - So much to do. World Quests, Class Halls, Artifacts, Professions, Suramar, Dungenons and LFR is worthwhile to do, etc.
    I'm a non-practicing altoholic. I have one of each class, six that are max-level, but have only REALLY leveled one (my main, blood DK). I'm now in the slow process of leveling the five remaining classes to level 100.

I figure I'll just alternate. Main, day one. Random alt, day two. Main, day three. And so on. Or whatever I feel like playing. :-)

You can try not to sleep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    I'm a non-practicing altoholic.
    Well, since I quit the active raiding scene in Cata, I spent most of my WoW-Time in leveling alts. Have now 17 @ lvl 100 . Glad that Legion will be "forcing" me a bit to concentrate on just my two Mains. Loved the Gold those Alts made me though.