Screen freezes when playing - is it really because of my PC?

Hello.
    Maybe this isn't the right place to ask, but I don't know where else.

Whenever I enter another zone - doesn't matter if it is by taking a portal, teleporting, using the group finder tool, going across a zone border from onen zone to the other, etc - my screen freezes for several seconds.

At first I was thinking it's because my PC can't handle the Legion tech/graphic requirements, but I have played a lot in the beta and I haven't had this problem there at all, so I'm thinking the issue isn't mine but WoW's.

This is really disruptive and annoying for my gaming experience.
    Is there anything I can do? Could the problem be my PC even though I have played a lot in the beta without any problem?

Remove all addons and see if that helps. If not, delete the "Cache", "WTF" and "Interface" folders and see if that works.

Should probably post this in the official forums however. Blizzards tech support is unlikely to read or at least answer on MMO-C.

Taking portal, teleporting, using group finder...all of these involve going through a loading screen. Same with going between zones, it's still loading things, just without a loading screen.

Low graphical power wouldn't make your screen freeze, it'd just slow your frame rate.

Sounds like your hard drive is a bit slow. Do you have a different one you can try?

If it is on the same computer you used beta on, and the same physical drive then you could try it without addons.
    Or as suggested clearing the cache.
    Just before rushing to delete those folders mentioned above, take note that the interface folder has your addons, and the wtf folder the saved variables or settings for your addons and the game client.
    Backing those up would be a good idea if you have anything you don't want to lose, or don't want to replicate again.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I have the same issue only started after the prepatch dropped, not sure what's causing it been poking around it has something to do with a background application or a settings. However going through the steps of getting a fresh install of WoW is worth it incase your addons are intrusive and are causing issues even while disabled.

It is JUST on loading screens right? It take awhile to load into the city?

7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like it could be a graphics driver issue to me. Maybe try a CLEAN install of your latest drivers?