Demo Pre Patch Demonic Empowerment

I understand the playstyle of pre patch demo, getting out as many demonbolts as possible, HoGing, then using Demonic Empowerment. However, since HoG has a slight travel time from the initial cast to when the imps actually register as down is it more beneficial to HoG, Demonbolt, THEN Demonic Empowerment? I know maintaining Demonic Empowerment is essential so Imps get as many casts as possible towards the 4 set proc, but if you follow a HoG with Demonic Empowerment are those Imps actually getting the empowerment if you're at high haste levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Draxtor View Post
    I understand the playstyle of pre patch demo, getting out as many demonbolts as possible, HoGing, then using Demonic Empowerment. However, since HoG has a slight travel time from the initial cast to when the imps actually register as down is it more beneficial to HoG, Demonbolt, THEN Demonic Empowerment? I know maintaining Demonic Empowerment is essential so Imps get as many casts as possible towards the 4 set proc, but if you follow a HoG with Demonic Empowerment are those Imps actually getting the empowerment if you're at high haste levels?
    What I've read is that it takes .8 sec after you cast HoG for the Imps to spawn, so if you are using implosion right after you cast HoG if you hit implosion fast enough you will kill the imps you have out that are about to despawn anyways, and you will NOT kill the new imps you are spawning so they can do their casts and then blow them up after they are done. This isn't a direct answer to your question but it makes me think that yes during bloodlust ect with high haste lvls this might be an issue. But not at home to test atm.

I did notice that with Implosion, having to wait roughly a second to kill new Imps. Demonic Empowerment is only baseline a 1.5 sec cast so I think its definitely possible to be able to cast HoG then Demonic Empowerment before those imps touch down. I'll have to test it when I'm home as well.