First Computer Build - Complete Newb

So basically as of now i've only ever had pre-built computers from PC shops or Apple Macs to game with (yes it was awful for performance) and finally is my time to actually game with something half/very decent. I am literally completely uneducated on parts and how they fit together or what they even do for a computer. Imagine Kim Kardashian's knowledge of computers and then imagine that's me.

So yeah, I don't really know what i'm doing but with some help from friends, a little research and reading of the reviews i've come up with a build to match my budget of £1200 ($1560/1405€) (I am from the UK so things may be slightly different in terms of pricing to the US and EU).

Here's a list of the main usage of my PC to give you an idea of the performance potential it would need.

World of Warcraft (40+ FPS on max settings)
    Voice Comms Software (TeamSpeak/Discord/Skype etc)
    Background Internet Browsing (Facebook/Youtube etc)
    Streaming Online Videos (Online Movie Streaming etc)
    Screen Recording Software
    Video Editing (Most likely Sony Vegas)
    OBS Game Streaming (Twitch)
    iTunes (Had a problem with needing an apple driver on my last PC?)
    Microsoft Word and Excel

Also 2 side notes is that I do not have access to a wired connection and therefore will be using WiFi. I have very good WiFi and have streamed before perfectly fine on a pre-built laptop. The wireless network adapter should reflect this. And please ignore the peripherals, they are just there as placeholders to give an accurate budget.

And here is the build i've created so far.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/xyf8JV

Is this a well balanced build?
    Should I improve or worsen any parts?
    Will everything be compatible and smooth when coming to put it together?
    Do I need a cooler or is the i7 stock cooler capable?
    Do you see an immediate problems I may face, like overheating or bottlenecking?

Thanks in advance, all help is much appreciated.
    Last edited by Loganess; 2016-08-09 at 04:33 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd really recommend against getting a GTX 970, especially with the 10xx series out now. A 1060 would be better. Just hold off.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (£296.28 @ Aria PC)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£29.99 @ Novatech)
    Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£105.44 @ Amazon UK)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (£66.99 @ Ebuyer)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£80.99 @ Novatech)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£59.97 @ CCL Computers)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GAMING Video Card (£238.47 @ BT Shop)
    Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£58.65 @ CCL Computers)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£70.97 @ Amazon UK)
    Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter (£24.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Other: Windows 10 - Kinguin.net (£22.00)
    Total: £1054.74
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-09 11:47 BST+0100
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Everything is quite good, though I would suggested getting WD or at least Seagate for HDD (my personal exp with Toshiba is not so good) same goes for TP-Link card.