Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    There's no perfect LCD panel.

LCD by itself comes with a lot of problems by default. It has bad contrast ratio due to the fact that you have a big source of light in the back (or sides, or bottom, whatever) and then a bunch of color filters that make the sub-pixels. It also suffers from bad viewing angles (the light isn't coming from the pixels) and horrible motion resolution due to the fact that LCD is sample-and-hold.
    Completely unrelated thing that people may not understand!
    At this point I don't think the viewings angle has much to do with where the light is coming from more so how it is shown. OLEDs suffer from the same issue despite it producing it's own light source. Then again it doesn't help when some professional review sites don't even know the damn difference.
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Display....168753.0.html
    The viewing angle comparison for example, the OLED gets a clear color temperature shift (my estimate is about 800K increase). There's just too many flaws for OLED for me to consider atm... If only there was a certain tech that WASN'T ABANDONED. Okay done.

remilia you should check out the vizio p series from this year, its pretty much the best LCD tv made to date. Future is dimming zones, dont know if that will ever hit pc monitors tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    remilia you should check out the vizio p series from this year, its pretty much the best LCD tv made to date. Future is dimming zones, dont know if that will ever hit pc monitors tho.
    Yeah, but I tend to only look at monitors... By the way the tech i was noting is Crystal LED. It's essentially like a OLED without most of the drawbacks. Better brightness, durability and same contrast potential of a OLED but it does weigh more so not great for portable stuff. No angle color shift to boot.
    Sony is also doing a lot more complex version for their TVs. Too bad they abandoned CLED in favor of the overhyped OLED. Main reason is OLED has already a better public image despite all the flaws.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-08-01 at 10:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Completely unrelated thing that people may not understand!
    At this point I don't think the viewings angle has much to do with where the light is coming from more so how it is shown. OLEDs suffer from the same issue despite it producing it's own light source. Then again it doesn't help when some professional review sites don't even know the damn difference.
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Display....168753.0.html
    The viewing angle comparison for example, the OLED gets a clear color temperature shift (my estimate is about 800K increase). There's just too many flaws for OLED for me to consider atm... If only there was a certain tech that WASN'T ABANDONED. Okay done.
    Depends on the OLED actually, Samsung panels don't have the problem manifested in its entirety because they're using colored OLEDs . LG panels do because they're using white OLEDs and color filters just like LCDs

But yeah, they all color shift.

This photo here from 2014's VE HDTV shootout shows it clearly (yeah we know photos are never the best IQ measurement but it gives us an idea):

TV on the top is a F8500 Plasma, three ones in the middle are LCD (all VA as far as I remember) and the two in the bottom are OLEDs (The OLED that looks pink is the S9C from Samsung with a normal RGB stripe with colored OLEDs and the OLED that looks green is that first commercial model from LG).

I think they're better now, but they really looked really weird in the beginning lol. All those TVs are supposed to be calibrated by professional calibrators.
    Last edited by Artorius; 2016-08-01 at 11:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Depends on the OLED actually, Samsung panels don't have the problem manifested in its entirety because they're using colored OLEDs . LG panels do because they're using white OLEDs and color filters just like LCDs

But yeah, they all color shift.
    Lame on all sides!

Deleted
    having some trouble installing gpu. doesnt fit in first pci slot, fits in 2nd pci slot.

took picture, looks like a little plastic inside the slot needs to be removed. can i fix this myself or should i return it?

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    having some trouble installing gpu. doesnt fit in first pci slot, fits in 2nd pci slot.

took picture, looks like a little plastic inside the slot needs to be removed. can i fix this myself or should i return it?

It's hard to tell what is it exactly. Take a needle and try to remove the white thing (the black thing should be there).
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B