Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Why do poor people sit in their front yard?

Why do poor people always sit in front of their house instead of in the backyard like other people?
    They do have backyards so it's not that. They want to keep an eye on the neighbourhood? Easier to communicate with neighbours? Why?

example
    https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.21312...7i13312!8i6656
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-07-31 at 05:59 PM.

People are poor for wanting to sit in the front yard where they can see other people rather than be in the backyard all alone?

"Want" does not have an apostrophe.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sweatshopkids View Post
    People are poor for wanting to sit in the front yard where they can see other people rather than be in the backyard all alone?

"Want" does not have an apostrophe.
    No. It only appears to happen in shitty neighbourhoods that house alot of poor people, social rent houses, etc.
    Literally poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Why do poor people always sit in front of their house instead of in the backyard like other people?
    They do have backyards so it's not that. They wan't to keep an eye on the neighbourhood? Easier to communicate with neighbours? Why?
    I would normally say its my yard/house I can sit where I want. How do you know where I'm sitting if you are in your backyard all the time? *Hmmm??*

What does being poor have to do with it?

Why do you care what other people do on their own properties?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not?
    /10char

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    No. It only appears to happen in shitty neighbourhoods that house alot of poor people, social rent houses, etc.
    Literally poor.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. People of almost all walks of life do this as a way to socialize with other people. It doesn't only happen in the areas you stated either.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Didn't know this was a thing.
    Where I live, poor people usually live in apartments, they don't have their own houses.

But we ususally sit in our backyard so that must mean we're rich, right?

Deleted
    Maybe poor people can't afford a house with a garden on the south?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's kind of weird that you spend so much time in poor areas.
    Fastest way home on the bike. That's not weird.

Perhaps the question should be the other way around. What is it about hiding round the back that appeals to more well off folk? All seems a bit sly to me. Must be hiding some gossip and drama back there.

Because their meth labs and the pitbulls they use for dog fights are kept on the back porch, obviously.

From my experience "poor people" are a lot more social. My gf is from a 3rd world country and each night they'd visit others. Family, friends, or anyone else that feels like socializing. And they'd always sit in their front yard or pull up a couple of chairs and just sit down on the sides of the street if they don't have a yard.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    From my experience "poor people" are a lot more social. My gf is from a 3rd world country and each night they'd visit others. Family, friends, or anyone else that feels like socializing. And they'd always sit in their front yard or pull up a couple of chairs and just sit down on the sides of the street if they don't have a yard.
    Might be temperature related I guess. Where is this?

Assuming the observation that "poor people tend to sit in their front yard more" is true, I'd guess it's because those with more money tend to be more concerned with appearances and privacy, and as such stick to their backyard. People with more money are also more likely to have nice backyards to sit in, compared to people in poor neighborhoods whose backyards are more likely to be small. The front yard has a wider field of view, even if that field of view includes the street and your neighbors' properties.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about. People of almost all walks of life do this as a way to socialize with other people. It doesn't only happen in the areas you stated either.
    Eh? I think i know more about whats going on in my own city and surrounding cities than some random on the internet 5000 miles away.

Deleted
    The question is how do you know about the bank accounts of the those people that sit in their front yard? Are you are robber or a hacker?

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Let me paraphrase the OP, "I hate poor people for being poor, and I shouldn't have to see them."
    Grow up friend, not everyone has the same life as you.

Reminds me of the story of that rich prick in San Francisco (I think) that wrote about how he shouldn't have to see homeless people, because he was rich, so he deserved special treatment, and because of that they should be moved to somewhere that he didn't have to look at them.
    Last edited by Zenotetsuken; 2016-07-31 at 06:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The question is how do you know about the bank accounts of the those people that sit in their front yard? Are you are robber or a hacker?
    For one you need to be below certain incomes to even be allowed rent there.

10+ Year Old Account
    My non-poor aunt and uncle sit on their front porch fairly often.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!