Page 25 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post
    honestly the change to it costing 2 shards instead of one is the most costly change.
    ?? Sow the seeds doesn't charge an additional shard on current ptr.

My understanding is that we use SEED on 3/4 targets now, even without STS

Hi there,

I was doing some testing and noticed this:

(I did this without any gear, so no haste, to make things easier)
    apply agony, which has a duration of 18 seconds and 9 ticks at 16.0, 14.0, 12.0, .10.0, 8.0, 6.0, 4.0, 2.0, 0.0 respectively.
    1) If you reapply agony when it has 3.X seconds or 1.X seconds left, the new agony duration = the old agony duration + 20 seconds
    2) If you reapply agony when it has 2.X seconds or 0.X seconds left, the new agony duration = the old agony duration + 18 seconds

In the first situation, you get 19 ticks in total while in second situation, you only get 18 ticks.
    To be more general, when you reapply agony when it has [odd number].X seconds left, its +20 seconds to the remaining time, when it has [even number].X seconds left, its +18 seconds to the remaining time.
    Also, according to the pandemic rule, the agony duration should not exceed 23.4 seconds, but if you spam agony on a target, you will notice it can reach 25+ seconds, and if you refresh it at [odd number].X seconds, its always gonna be 25+ seconds.

The reason I'm asking this is because I'm currently using Krazyito's weak aura to track dots on my soul effigy, what it does is that it manually calculates the duration of each dot, so it doesn't require you to set soul effigy as focus or have soul effigy within your screen. Unfortunately, it doesn't know when to add 18 seconds and when to add 20 seconds to the remaining time, it just adds 18 seconds every time, so after several refreshes, it's always a few seconds behind the actual timer.

Just switched to Affliction recently, is it always like this for agony? there doesn't seem to be a problem for other dots.

I'm pretty hyped by your Weak Auras Terryn, can you share them with us?

Also i would really like to know how Lethendriss Power Cord affects our playstyle.

I'm not convinced about 715 haunt, i'm sure some people will find a use for it. Likely helping with killing small priority target mobs quickly.
    I think that's going to be the niche it has. Plus low level keystone runs, heroics and base mythics, that sort of thing, where you don't spend as much time draining, and agony doesn't really have time to ramp to 20 for very long even on bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

Do have a quick question.

At what point is it worth using effigy on something? Roughly how long does a target need to live (or how many agony stacks) for it to be worth setting up an effigy over just draining? Also with talents other than writhe in agony, looking forward to 7.1.5.

I know in the vast majority of raid boss scenarios it's best to use effigy on the boss, or in some cases just use a different talent, but in terms of mythic+ and transition phases there are some non-boss mobs where it feels worth, but I've not done anything mathy to back that up. So if anyone has already done that, I'd be pretty interested to know.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2017-01-02 at 12:02 AM.

My go-to spec in mythic plus is writhe/AC/GoSac/Effigy. I change between SL and Sow depending on the instance and difficulty.

Deleted
    The link to a BiS trinketlist in the guide, doesn´t seem to work anymore. Does anyone have a trinketlist for affliction?

Deleted
    Hmmm. So they didn;t buff the permanent Doomguard, but increased the aoe damage of the permanent infernal? How odd. The infernal is a cheap way of making up the lost aoe damage in larger Sow the Seeds pulls, but on the other hand....is the dumbass dog now the best choice for single target? I shan't use it unless the differenc eis considerable, a ranged pet is better than a melee one with no gap-closer. Melee pet is also much more likely to die sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Hmmm. So they didn;t buff the permanent Doomguard, but increased the aoe damage of the permanent infernal? How odd. The infernal is a cheap way of making up the lost aoe damage in larger Sow the Seeds pulls, but on the other hand....is the dumbass dog now the best choice for single target? I shan't use it unless the differenc eis considerable, a ranged pet is better than a melee one with no gap-closer. Melee pet is also much more likely to die sigh
    Can't remember the last time I have had any pet die on a raid/instance/solo run.

Doombolt was buffed by 18% on ptr some time before they buffed all pets to 20%.

Deleted
    No tleast because for affliction, each separate Unstable Affliction buffs Shadow Bite as a separate dot

7+ Year Old Account
    Another patch, another nerf to the cloak. FeelsBadMan...
    Don't be like haunt guy.

Deleted
    Soon it will reduce the reap duration...

Deleted
    Don't worry, I am sure they will soon be applying aura buffs to warlocks to compensate for the nerfs to our best legendaries, as they seem to be with everyone else.

So not entirely sure if this belongs in this thread or the fix my dps thread but:

So I'm fixing to go nearly full time Affliction and was curious which trinkets I should use:

I have:
    880 Plaguehive
    880 Twisting Wind
    860 Relaxing Ruby
    870 Caged Horror

Just curious which trinkets I should use? I was assuming Ruby+Caged Horror for both Mastery trinkets. Wearing both of those would put me at 133% unbuffed mastery, however I'm not sure if the loss in haste (Plaguehive) or Int (Twisting Wind) would make my dps actually lower?

Any help would be appreciated!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Don't worry, I am sure they will soon be applying aura buffs to warlocks to compensate for the nerfs to our best legendaries, as they seem to be with everyone else.
    Without legos and set bonuses were in the top for single target, and I'm sure with 4p and legos were in the top as well, so I sure hope they don't buff us on top of that ������ Just means they will nurf us hard later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by App View Post
    So not entirely sure if this belongs in this thread or the fix my dps thread but:

So I'm fixing to go nearly full time Affliction and was curious which trinkets I should use:

I have:
    880 Plaguehive
    880 Twisting Wind
    860 Relaxing Ruby
    870 Caged Horror

Just curious which trinkets I should use? I was assuming Ruby+Caged Horror for both Mastery trinkets. Wearing both of those would put me at 133% unbuffed mastery, however I'm not sure if the loss in haste (Plaguehive) or Int (Twisting Wind) would make my dps actually lower?

I don't have trinkets because it's been a pain to get those lists together, BUT you want to run ruby and caged horror. There's a possibility plague hive will be better, but that's something you should just sim for yourself
    Don't be like haunt guy.

Quote Originally Posted by App View Post

I have:
    880 Plaguehive
    880 Twisting Wind
    860 Relaxing Ruby
    870 Caged Horror

I'd go with:
    Plaguehive - haste ain't bad + proc is good for single target fights.
    Relaxing Ruby - mastery + proc is amazing for AoE pulls (it really shines in M+) and actually half decent for single target. Oh, and it was totally retarded in Timewalking, pulling about 25-40% of total dps.

Twisting Wind is garbage tier, probably one of the worst trinkets in the entire expansion thus far, sure the base intellect is nice, but proc is utter shit.
    Caged Horror doesn't seem to go off often enough, but try in on dummy, maybe I'm just having bad luck with it.

Deleted
    TOC: Table of Contents

I'm not convinced about 715 haunt, i'm sure some people will find a use for it. Likely helping with killing small priority target mobs quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

at your point crit is going to be much higher valued, to the point that swapping your crit and haste will probably be your go to route.

with gearing you want to focus on items with Mastery/crit and mastery/haste, crit should be higher than haste. Drain as of 710 is a pretty boring / shitty filler that doens't do much damage (5% of your damage at most)
    Okay, thanks the information. I will try to gear up for more crit.

So I am one of those luckers who got Spite bracers the only time they went Demo as their lootspec (to fish for exactly those), now i got the Aff bracers.

So I was wondering: Will the Demo bracers still be better than the Aff bracers or the other way around?

Considering that Eradication will be better.
    Last edited by Walrock; 2017-01-05 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    So I am one of those luckers who got Spite bracers the only time they went Demo as their lootspec (to fish for exactly those), now i got the Aff bracers.

So I was wondering: Will the Demo bracers still be better than the Aff bracers or the other way around?

Considering that Eradication will be better.
    I assume you mean Contagion. Last I heard/read, the Aff bracers will be better than the Demo ones.

Oh yes I was talking about Contagion, sry my bad, maining Destro at the moment where it's called Eradication