So how do you AOE as affliction?

So I've always been a destro player and recently converted to the affliction spec. I have no problems with the single target rotation but struggling with 2 or more target fights. So for multi target fights is it a must to keep UA up? I find it really hard to keep UA up on three or more targets and cast drain soul at the same time and hence dps always drops off. And how about fights like high command and eonar where adds die really fast and there's no time to ramp up dps? Do i just spam agony+seed on all the targets? Please help thanks!
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2018-04-13 at 02:44 AM.

Locky!

There's not a simple answer as it depends on your talents, how many stacked mobs and the situation.

Read http://lockonestopshop.com/#!/Affliction/Rotation and also the Mythic Plus section explains how to AoE/multidot.

If there are 3 targets then you probably should be specced WiA and hence drain uptime matters a lot less (drain sniping is important though).

Sow The Seeds is only good for 3+ stacked targets for the majority of the fight so High Command does not count. Therefore, you probably should be in a multidot or more priority damage focused build depending on your priorities so something like WiA-AC/Contagion-SH-DE (AC is a lot less upkeep). Assuming you want to DoT the adds then just before they spawn it is good to pre-seed to apply Corruption to each before they jump away.

Eonar you could just AFK. However, if you want to punish yourself and the mobs really melt then can just Seed spam assuming you start with 3+ of shards, proccing Sephuz helps with the burst if you have it. For longer lasting targets so the bats for example you will need to throw some Agonys out as well so you can maintain the seed spam. Otherwise could just try a DoT build.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2018-04-13 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeySquad View Post
    Locky!

There's not a simple answer as it depends on your talents, how many stacked mobs and the situation.

Read http://lockonestopshop.com/#!/Affliction/Rotation and also the Mythic Plus section explains how to AoE/multidot.

If there are 3 targets then you probably should be specced WiA and hence drain uptime matters a lot less (drain sniping is important though).

Sow The Seeds is only good for 3+ stacked targets for the majority of the fight so High Command does not count. Therefore, you probably should be in a multidot or more priority damage focused build depending on your priorities so something like WiA-AC/Contagion-SH-DE (AC is a lot less upkeep). Assuming you want to DoT the adds then just before they spawn it is good to pre-seed to apply Corruption to each before they jump away.

Eonar you could just AFK. However, if you want to punish yourself and the mobs really melt then can just Seed spam assuming you start with 3+ of shards, proccing Sephuz helps with the burst if you have it. For longer lasting targets so the bats for example you will need to throw some Agonys out as well so you can maintain the seed spam. Otherwise could just try a DoT build.
    Aight thanks for the info! Really appreciate it!

Deleted
    Watch yipztv on twitch. He has some vods where he clears the entire mythic raid and 2 or 3 days ago he even made a full commentary while doing the full clear teaching you almost anything you need to know. He also has a youtube channel where he goes more indepth into some topics that together with his twitch vods allowed me to catch up very fast after my absence from wow in therms of my own class and how it´s played best in antorus. Try it out

Yeah, Yipz has taught me everything I need to know about aff locks. He has some awesome, clear vids on youtube, just search for yipzarena, and check out the content. Good luck!

Generally, if I know that I'm going to be in a heavy AoE scenario, be it a dungeon or an add heavy fight, I'll take Unending Corruption so that I can pop Seed and I don't have to keep up more than 3 DoTs per mob.

Honestly though, what SpikeySquad said is pretty spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunr113 View Post
    Generally, if I know that I'm going to be in a heavy AoE scenario, be it a dungeon or an add heavy fight, I'll take Unending Corruption so that I can pop Seed and I don't have to keep up more than 3 DoTs per mob.

Absolute Corruption (AC)?

The thing is the beauty/strength of that talent is the permanent Corruption to save yourself globals. If you are spam seeding on a stacked pack then it has little value past the bit more DoT damage which is quite minor compared to what your Seeds should be doing. On ST/small packs AC is actually pretty weak in comparison to other talents on that tier.

Where AC can be very good is in the Seat dungeon or yes on fights such as AHC and Coven where you are pretty busy.

If you are running a DoT build in a dungeon and yes get overwhelmed then it can be a fine choice but definitely not as good damage as Contagion. Usually though people take a DoT build as they wish to push out their damage on bosses/smaller packs (NL, EoA etc come to mind as good dungeons for this) and hence going AC is kind of back to front.

In the end it is your call though; use what works for you.

In Mythic+ I pick up Sow the Seeds and spam seed on 3+ targets.
    If you have contagion, simply dot up mobs and rotate UA through all of them to get that 15% increased damage on all of them.
    Agony should definitely be your top priority though. Multi-add fights like High Command you should be picking up Writhe.
    Our tier bonus helps a lot too with increased damage on every target within 40 yards when you cast UA or seed.

It's a little tricky at first, but you get the hang of it after awhile.

7+ Year Old Account
    bind various keys on your keyboard to ether agony or seed.

proceed to roll your face.
    Don't be like haunt guy.

Absolute Corruption (AC)?
    Yes, thanks! I can never really remember if it's Absolute or Unending. Your point about it lacking the damage such as Contagion is correct, though I use Absolute Corruption instead in dungeons that are super add heavy so I can spread Agony and Siphon Life without having to worry about the initial seed cast!

Yes, thanks! I can never really remember if it's Absolute or Unending. Your point about it lacking the damage such as Contagion is correct, though I use Absolute Corruption instead in dungeons that are super add heavy so I can spread Agony and Siphon Life without having to worry about the initial seed cast!
    That's your issue, you don't (usually) have enough globals to use SL in dungeons and hence should really be taking SC or DE. Then all you need to do is spread a seed now and again (on 3 or more stacked targets) to keep up Corruption. You will gain a lot of damage from Contagion when using a DoT build.

I'll try that out for sure -- I've been averaging around 2.5-3.0 million sustained in high density packs, and around 1.9-2.3 million on smaller packs; I usually have a much harder time doing ST as Affliction since I've been a Demo Main since Legion's Launch, so perhaps I'll see some improvement, .

I'll try that out for sure -- I've been averaging around 2.5-3.0 million sustained in high density packs, and around 1.9-2.3 million on smaller packs; I usually have a much harder time doing ST as Affliction since I've been a Demo Main since Legion's Launch, so perhaps I'll see some improvement, .
    Good luck! Also give http://lockonestopshop.com/#!/Afflic.../Quick%20Start section a read if you haven't yet.

Deleted
    For M+, go 2312213. I've seen a huge dps increase after trying this build, got if from Yipz channel. Empowered Life Tap made the difference. Life tap before the fight, pre-cast SoC, throw out 3-5 agony's and start spamming SoC. Keep track of concordance and argus trinket proc as they both provide about a 10-15% dps increase, hence you wanna maximize dmg in those windows. Always reap when they proc together.

TLDR; spec in absolute, seed, deaths embrace and fire away, put agony on a couple mobs for shards and keep firing seeds.

Keep up your dots and seed seed seed

Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    TLDR; spec in absolute, seed, deaths embrace and fire away, put agony on a couple mobs for shards and keep firing seeds.
    Like said before AC's biggest benefit is the permanent corruption which is irrelevant if you are seed spamming. Of course if you struggle to maintain ELT or don't like it then have at AC.

Personally I am not a big fan of StS with DE though this is mainly just feelycraft (and some old personal sims which I don't have anymore to link). Chest leggo also tends to benefit a little more from SC.

A DoT build can work fine with DE though assuming it is not an affix like Bolstering/Bursting and you are not in HoV or MoS. Though I personally often leaned towards SC for more control and priority damage.

Like said before AC's biggest benefit is the permanent corruption which is irrelevant if you are seed spamming. Of course if you struggle to maintain ELT or don't like it then have at AC.

Personally I am not a big fan of StS with DE though this is mainly just feelycraft (and some old personal sims which I don't have anymore to link). Chest leggo also tends to benefit a little more from SC.

A DoT build can work fine with DE though assuming it is not an affix like Bolstering/Bursting and you are not in HoV or MoS. Though I personally often leaned towards SC for more control and priority damage.
    Quite right indeed, but this poor chap isn't geared and probably doesn't have mouseovers/mouse cursors and would spend half his time tab targetting getting agony on two mobs and missing opportunities. Until geared and getting used to mouse cursors or mouse overs the best thing is to spec AC and just blast away.

Deleted

Unending Corruption is almost never good option unless you're doing high keys (20+) and it's necrotic week or tank needs to kite mobs. 99% of the time you should go with Improved Mana Tap just because its 10% dmg for everything and all you have to do is to pop Mana Tap every 20s. Contagion is viable only for dungs where there isn't a lot of mobs and its hard tyrannical week.

And for the OP:
    Forti weeks with dungs that have a lot of mobs - Writhe in Agony, Improved Mana Tap and Sow the Seeds as talents. Throw seeds, use agony on 1/2/3 targets (depends how many mobs there are), and just spam seeds while maintaining mana tap and artifact buff.
    Tyrannical weeks (or forti, but where there isn't much trash ie. VOTW) do you'r standard single target rotation (for less than 6 targets i like puttig dots on 1 trash, switching target, putting dots and so on, popping seed just to maintain corruption).