Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Red face Would you guys like to see a new caster?

Hey,

i was wondering if you people like the idea of a new class that is ranged. the last 3 new classes we're all melee (death knight, monk, demon hunter). personally i would really like to see a new caster in the game.

I'd prefer a new physical caster. There's only one, afterall. Tinker sound nice, with a ranged and tank spec and either a melee or healer spec.

Well, what type of caster would the introduce? They already have all the main tropes covered, unless they're going to actually add a 'support' role to the game in addition to tank, dps, and healer (Like shaman and enchanters were in EQ). They're kind of leaning this way maybe with disc being more hybridy than ever, but who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why they've added nothing but melee to the game, especially since most of it has been agi leather.

Seems like a mistake to not have added a new caster class by now with the 3 (+ survival hunters now) new melee classes.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I would like to see NO MORE NEW CLASSES, thank you.

Not really, because I'm not a big fan of this casting playstyle in WoW. It's a totally weird idea to me to have these specs and classes that are 100% ranged and actually don't fight at all. But considering the fact that all the class additions so far have been melee, the next one should be a caster/ranged one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by syom View Post
    Hey,

i was wondering if you people like the idea of a new class that is ranged. the last 3 new classes we're all melee (death knight, monk, demon hunter). personally i would really like to see a new caster in the game.
    Hmm, rather see another mail class.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I'd really like to see something completely off-the-wall, say a bard class or something which doesn't fit in with any existing mechanics. Blizzard used to take this sort of risk all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see a shadow hunter.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

I'd be interested to see it. No idea what it would be, or why they'd do a caster over the classes people usually mention as logical new classes, stuff already established in lore.

Deleted
    The only thing i could think of is Bloodmage, theres a couple in the game and they could easily have an healing specc along with dps ones

Deleted
    Originally the plan was to have a necromancer class back in vanilla (as well as DK and DH), additionally it had discipline priests being monks (not like current monks, but like monks in vanilla Scarlet Crusade - legacy of this was the old 'inner fire' with armor and low level cloth gear with 'strenght'). Anyway the point I'm getting at is that Blizzard has dusted off some of the ideas if 'proto-wow' and it seems they are putting old ideas in new covers.

How would the necromancer look like?
    - First of all it would take away the pets from the unholy death knight - no biggy here, they did the same with demo locks and DH, Unholy DK's focus would remain on plagues.
    - As a caster what specs / different fantasies would it have? Possibilities: DPS Caster, with frost and shadow damage; a caster DPS with pets, alike a combination of the current Unholy DK and Beastmaster Hunter; thirdly a 'shadow' healer spec - complete control of death would also be complete control of life. (Personal fantasy, but not from WoW would be the 'Death Druids' from 'Magic the Gathering Ravnica, combination of nature and undead, corpses controlled by sentient viens). Or keep it at two specs like DH, two DPS: caster and pets.

Would love a Titan-touched class. Heavier armor, arcane energies, matter manipulation. Maybe some mage flavor, but with a more paladin-esque approach.

Deleted
    After seeing the broken shore scenario. We need that mechaneer!

Deleted
    I would love a ranged plate wearer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Battle Mage would be cool

I want a murloc swarm as the next class. would be range with maybe a heal and tank spec.

Deleted
    IF the add another class it chould be ranged and wear mail armor.
    But what archetype for ranged combat did they not use so far?

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I'd really like to see something completely off-the-wall, say a bard class or something which doesn't fit in with any existing mechanics. Blizzard used to take this sort of risk all the time.
    Only behind your rose tinted glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    IF the add another class it chould be ranged and wear mail armor.
    But what archetype for ranged combat did they not use so far?
    Sea Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Didn't take long after the implementation of a new class for a "what class next" thread, did it?

I noticed that I even play my possible range classes like shaman or druid as melee dps - maybe there is just more love in the players for them?
    I guess if you prefer to play ranged. The 3 new classes wouldn't be something you would main. From their perspective there has never been a new class, only alts. Well, at least one that could replace your main.