Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

cut or bulk?, halp

so im 178 CM, 66kg, ive lost 40 KG total, and been working out in the gym for 8 months now, its me to the LEFT, http://imgur.com/Eo4Ww3t
    been on a 1000 calorie diet with eating 150-300 more on friday/saturdays, Starting to lose faith on those abs and i hate no making any more progress in weights..

Why are you trying to weight less than your GF as a guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Lol. Bulk imo. You look tiny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Lol. Bulk imo. You look tiny.
    i wanted to get visible abs before i bulk but i guess i have to bulk then. i dont see myself weight 62KG or something, thats like nothing....

Deleted
    Yep, 66kg for a guy as tall as you seems pretty light. You should really come off that 1000 calorie diet if you want to build any muscle. You need at least 2k, especially if youre physically active.

As Cherise said, you aren't going to bulk on a 1000 calorie diet.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Yep, 66kg for a guy as tall as you seems pretty light. You should really come off that 1000 calorie diet if you want to build any muscle. You need at least 2k, especially if youre physically active.
    And the 2k is for women generally. Guys need more than that even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Get obese > Go live in UK > Apply for disability allowance > Earn free cesh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Well ive been cutting for a long time but the abs refuse to show, so i may just say fuck it and start to bulk i guess?....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    so im 178 CM, 66kg, ive lost 40 KG total, and been working out in the gym for 8 months now, its me to the LEFT, http://imgur.com/Eo4Ww3t
    been on a 1000 calorie diet with eating 150-300 more on friday/saturdays, Starting to lose faith on those abs and i hate no making any more progress in weights..
    You are just skinny fat. You got no muscle definition(atleast from the little I see). I am almost 20kg heavier than you at the same height and got a 4pack atm(been bulking since Sep).

I would suggest either a slow bulk(250-350kcal over your TDEE) or a dirty bulk and then cut later. You would probably like the slower bulk better since you wont gain as much fat.

Are you on a proper program? Are you taking any supplements? And what are you long term goals?

How'd you end up with a hottie like that?

Well ive been cutting for a long time but the abs refuse to show, so i may just say fuck it and start to bulk i guess?....
    You probably don't have predominant ab muscles to see. 1000 calorie a day diet is starvation. You've been doing this a long time so your body has been in starvation mode for a long time. Your body isn't just burning fat it's also burning muscle to give you the fuel to function. You need to eat more.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

but the abs refuse to show
    Abs can't show if you don't have any ab muscles. Means you should bulk.

Nice job losing all that weight though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Abs can't show if you don't have any ab muscles. Means you should bulk.

Nice job losing all that weight though.
    my friends keep telling me everyone has visible abs though even though they dont train or anything

15+ Year Old Account
    my friends keep telling me everyone has visible abs though even though they dont train or anything
    Everyone has abs, but if you have no muscle you need to get into dangerously low weight to show them. Its also the fact that not everyone have the chiseled 6-pack people dream off. Even Arnold missed them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bulk up. Your abs are not showing because you got no abs after a 1000 calorie diet for that long.

Start eating around 2200-2500 calories a day (run your measurments through a calorie calculator for a more precise amount) and workout harder, then you'll start seeing some results.

k...5' 10" and around 146lbs...and lost nearly 90lbs...that's an impressive loss.

You can't bulk up if you're not putting anything in, diet-wise. And 1000 calories is far too little. Need a minimum of 3k. For positive weight gain, at least double that.
    Also, muscle means you need protein. You won't build any muscle without it.
    The fastest way of building up the abs is jogging. I would also add "planks" for core strength. And doing those will make you abs sore as hell if you're not used to it. (Recovery takes protein, which will rebuild muscle tissue)

This was my advice on another thread about building weight:
    Spoiler: 

You'll have to start off slow. You need to build up the connective tissue as well as the muscle. I remember all too well jogging with weights and thinking my 1.5lbs on each forearm was too little. I'd only been doing that for a little over a year. So I threw on 5lbs on each arm...and got shin splints so bad I had to take a year off. Limping for that whole time wasn't fun.

Now, that being said, you won't need much. Just make sure you take a daily multi-vitamin, keep to a diet that includes certain lean meats, (chicken breast and salmon are excellent choices for protein. Although depending on where you are, the salmon might be pricey.) Carbs are also important. (bread, rice etc, will keep your energy up when you need it) If you feel the need for additional protein, there are plenty of choices involving whey protein. Not much for beef protein. neither is better than the other I don't think. But I do mix things up taking beef one day then whey the next. My bro once told me that if I was ever serious to take 120-150 grams a day. (But I refuse to get that crazy)

Some people sometimes suggest going to bed hungry to keep the fat off. I don't. (I remember poorer times, and I hated that empty feeling) I eat an apple or some fruit before snoozing. And I try to make it 8 hours of sleep. (That's when your body rests and rebuilds)

A different muscle group every day. And I always take one day completely off for full relaxation and to give myself a treat.

Disclaimer: This isn't for everyone. It's just how I do things. I used to weigh 165-170 around 15 years ago. I'm nearing the 200 range and it's all muscle. I'm pretty sure someone has a better workout regimen as I'm 50 years old and I'm getting a little tuckered out these days. And as always, have a chat with your doctor before going crazy.

Doesn't matter how much you work out if you don't get enough calories you won't get any muscle mass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    k...5' 10" and around 146lbs...and lost nearly 90lbs...that's an impressive loss.

You can't bulk up if you're not putting anything in, diet-wise. And 1000 calories is far too little. Need a minimum of 3k. For positive weight gain, at least double that.
    Also, muscle means you need protein. You won't build any muscle without it.
    The fastest way of building up the abs is jogging. I would also add "planks" for core strength. And doing those will make you abs sore as hell if you're not used to it. (Recovery takes protein, which will rebuild muscle tissue)

This was my advice on another thread about building weight:
    Spoiler: 

You'll have to start off slow. You need to build up the connective tissue as well as the muscle. I remember all too well jogging with weights and thinking my 1.5lbs on each forearm was too little. I'd only been doing that for a little over a year. So I threw on 5lbs on each arm...and got shin splints so bad I had to take a year off. Limping for that whole time wasn't fun.

Now, that being said, you won't need much. Just make sure you take a daily multi-vitamin, keep to a diet that includes certain lean meats, (chicken breast and salmon are excellent choices for protein. Although depending on where you are, the salmon might be pricey.) Carbs are also important. (bread, rice etc, will keep your energy up when you need it) If you feel the need for additional protein, there are plenty of choices involving whey protein. Not much for beef protein. neither is better than the other I don't think. But I do mix things up taking beef one day then whey the next. My bro once told me that if I was ever serious to take 120-150 grams a day. (But I refuse to get that crazy)

Some people sometimes suggest going to bed hungry to keep the fat off. I don't. (I remember poorer times, and I hated that empty feeling) I eat an apple or some fruit before snoozing. And I try to make it 8 hours of sleep. (That's when your body rests and rebuilds)

A different muscle group every day. And I always take one day completely off for full relaxation and to give myself a treat.

Disclaimer: This isn't for everyone. It's just how I do things. I used to weigh 165-170 around 15 years ago. I'm nearing the 200 range and it's all muscle. I'm pretty sure someone has a better workout regimen as I'm 50 years old and I'm getting a little tuckered out these days. And as always, have a chat with your doctor before going crazy.
    6k calories a day? He is not a proffesional athlete. He can probably bulk just fine on around 2.5k.

Best way to train abs is strong full body movement exercises, like Deadlift, squats, benchpress. A program like Starting Strenght or 5x5 gives you good base.

It is a myth that starvation can get you defined muscles. Starvation changes the way your body works. You need fat for your body to survive, at some point while under eating the body stops burning fat. It will actually store what little it can gather and will burn muscles instead to keep a balance. People that tells you they are full cut by eating citrus only for months are bullshitting you. Your ABS will never show, because the fat you have left will not get burned anymore for a while, only your muscles will.

You defnitively should bulk up and eat more.