Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Torn Between Shaman and Monk

As the Title says im Torn between these 2 Classes.

First of all i want a melee mainspec with heal offspec.

2nd im currently injured and cant use my left arm outside off using spacebar and shift so im limited in key usage.

pros Shaman: i actually like both enhancement and Elemental as dps specs.
    + i favor the Restoshaman as a Healing offspec due to better Utility and overall feeling.

cons Shaman: reading various forums it seems like Shaman is in a not so great spot for legion and is kinda struggeling.
    Im not a FotM player but i hate when i cant possibly compete with others due to tuning.
    Shamans seem to get absolutly facerolled in pvp at 110 atm due to low Defenses.
    few Movementskills.

pros Monk: I really like how Windwalker plays at the moment spec flows really well.I like the Style and the Kit + i really Dig the Movement.

cons Monk: to Play Windwalker to its full Potential ima run out of Bindings to perform at maximum (due to injury)
    Soothing Mist mechanic feels weird.
    I really Dislike Brewmaster so that is 1 spec i never wanna play.

The Content im gonna be doing is.

HC Raiding with friends like 1-2x Week
    Mythic+ Dungeons
    casual BG
    Arenas 3v3 (some 2v2 for fun)

I cant decide im at the point of throwing a coin on launch and just picking that.

Maybe you guys have some other points to help me decide. Maybe i am missing something.

this is not a just pick X thread im lookin for details or thoughts to help my decision.

thanks guys.

Deleted
    Play what YOU want to play.

And also, Forum rules and guidelines section says: Do not create pointless threads such as "Which class/race/gender/faction/server should I roll?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Play a Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Play a Shaman.
    lol nice job
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me get this straight. You're a disabled casual who is worried about class tuning?

Yeah, Shaman isn't the class for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Play a Shaman.
    LOL, I saw what you posted on his other thread. You're my hero.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Deleted
    yeah im pretty much a disabled casual who is worried about class tuning as everyone should be that is trying to accomplish anything in this game on what level this might be.

but im guessing im not gonna get a constructive answer on thoughts or other points based on my cons and pros i pointed out on this forum.

Deleted
    I feel you, have got exactly the same issue. Except that I want to heal as main and dd as second. In both cases Monk has more buttons to press, which one one hand is more fun but as healer also more complicated and i get mana issues. As I want to run mainly Mythic+, how much of a problem this will be then.
    Wow-world problems...

Not sure where you get that shaman is having a hard time.
    Enhancement is doing well and is probably a better pick for your raids melee spot than a windwalker (though a rogue is always better).
    Elemental is not great compared to other casters but you said you wanted melee anyway, right?

When it comes to healers, shaman probably has the upper hand as well.

If all you're doing is HC then any class with any spec will do just fine. Play whatever you like.

A pro for all caster specs to look forward to is that they'll rework our spell casting animations, now that they have finished reworking melee attack animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resto is the clear winner vs Mistweaver. There's nothing wrong with Mistweaver, but Resto just has superior cooldown utility.
    As far as melee DPS goes, both WW and Enh are in pretty good spots for Legion. Arguably Enh is in an even better position due to phenomenal priority target damage and great passive cleave that feeds into ST damage.

Overall I would definitely choose Shaman over Monk. As far as you limited left hand goes, either class requires roughly the same amount of buttons, so there's no huge difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    what about a druid? loads of specs..

I have both, and I'm going Shaman. Enhance just feels better to me than Windwalker. Plus the spell effects are real pretty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a mouse with a lot of buttons. There are a few out there with a lot. That could help with your current physical limitation.

Shaman is fine enahnce is one of the best dps specs and resto is one of the best healers. both are good in pvp but WW is just extremely good

Quote Originally Posted by Espeonagetieler View Post
    Shaman is fine enahnce is one of the best dps specs and resto is one of the best healers. both are good in pvp but WW is just extremely good
    I'm having big problems with kiting as Ench. People easily get away from me so I get kited, or if I'm winning, most have the ability to just run away =\

I'm not sure either is a good choice for you if your hand problems are as serious as the OP indicates. Enhancement Shaman and Windwalker Monk are two of the higher APM specs in the game. Elemental Shaman has a slower pace and could be suitable, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    I'm not sure either is a good choice for you if your hand problems are as serious as the OP indicates. Enhancement Shaman and Windwalker Monk are two of the higher APM specs in the game. Elemental Shaman has a slower pace and could be suitable, though.
    ? You're doing something wrong then if you have less APM on a caster than on a melee any wasted GCD is wasted DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    ? You're doing something wrong then if you have less APM on a caster than on a melee any wasted GCD is wasted DPS.
    Not true actually, since cast times are longer than a GCD outside of BL or other haste buffs. A caster always has less actions per minute, given the melee has high enough uptime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaucho- View Post
    Not true actually, since cast times are longer than a GCD outside of BL or other haste buffs. A caster always has less actions per minute, given the melee has high enough uptime.
    Hm you're right, I was thinking of downtime more than anything.

One is a badass master of the elements, the other is a drunken hippy. The choice should be fairly obvious.