Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    First of all you have Sephuz's Secret so 1st thing i'd change is Demonic Circle -> Shadowfury (honestly you should pick it even without the ring for M+).
    Second thing is changing Eradication into F'n'B. Your ST will suffer a bit but i think is mandatory for AoE trash packs.
    How i do in M+ (personal experience, if i'm wrong i'm open for suggestions):
    2-3 targets (no need to interrupt spellcasting in deffinite situation e.g. healing spells in BRH or MoS):
    Immolate all targets -> Shadowfury (stun always welcomed + ring activation which is reason of usage) -> Havoced Chaos Bolt (Cleave) + Incinerate (AoE filler)
    5+ (no need to interrupt spellcasting in deffinite situation + trash kept in one place):
    Stop using Chaos Bolt for RoF (+15% dmg trait helps a bit here) + Immolate targets and use Incinerate as filler.

I think this let you improve your AoE dmg in M+ a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Aumi View Post
    snip
    Talents: BD/RE/??/FnB/??/GoSac/WH, pick whatever you like for the ??s, i normally use Shadowfury for utility and either DP or burning rush depending how safe I'm feeling.

3 mobs or less, OR, priority kill target: WH a high health target, immolate all, ST rotation on priority target while refreshing WH and immo as needed.

4 mobs or more: Open with RoF if you have the shards, BD, incinx3, rinse repeat as shards are available. if you're on high M+ and mobs will live for a long time, it can be worth it to spread 3 - 4 immolates first. This will give you tons of shards and you can layer RoFs into your incin spam.

On huge packs of low life mobs just blitz them with hasted incinerates, it does a ton of damage.

For your stats, I'd recommend downloading SimC and checking it for yourself. If that's too much work, just aim for ~30% haste, ~20% crit (youre already well abovve these) and then dont worry about what stats you have above those rough breakpoints.

Worth noting that for trash packs, Swarming Plaguehive trink may not be the best as it will occasionally put the DoT on a mob just as it's dying. If you have an ~850 stat stick, int/whatever, that might be better overall.

Hope that helps, anyone please correct me if any of that seems sub-optimal, it's just what works for me.

@theblackharvest and there is it. goo.gl/oNs0Yy

for the others, remember that this sims are pure ST in ideal situation, but you can use it for a good start to check your trinket.

@Brusalk you can copy if you think this can be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by forbi View Post

for the others, remember that this sims are pure ST in ideal situation, but you can use it for a good start to check your trinket.

@Brusalk you can copy if you think this can be interesting
    whats "chest"
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    @EqualWin I am assuming there is a "set" with bonus effect when you have trinket + specific chest.
    @forbi thanks again for doing this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by forbi View Post
    The list claims that mastery stat stick is the best out of all the stat sticks. Doesn't sound right.

Deleted
    I can seem to open this link. How is it supposed to be written when copy pasting it?

@EqualWin the chest is from nightbane in karazhan ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=142297/r...ient-chronicle , it buff 30% proc/damage of some trinkets)
    @theblackharvest np
    @Haekke i think it's because this is simmed with 30% haste 20% crit, at this point every stat is roughly equal and mastery begin to outperform a bit the other.
    @Thimzor copy-paste the link right as it appear without the "www." thing before

Deleted
    Can this trinket graph be right?
    I have an 880 Spiked Tounge with Socket and an 895 Twisting winds w/o socket. According to the graph, the spiked tounge would be substantially better, but I would lose almost 2k int and gain Mastery (which I thought is actually the worst 2nd stat). I'm currently at around 35% haste (a bit unlucky with m+ dungeon drops) and 19% crit (would like to get more crit but difficult to find/get the right armor).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    I have an 880 Spiked Tounge with Socket and an 895 Twisting winds w/o socket. According to the graph, the spiked tounge would be substantially better, but I would lose almost 2k int and gain Mastery (which I thought is actually the worst 2nd stat). I'm currently at around 35% haste (a bit unlucky with m+ dungeon drops) and 19% crit (would like to get more crit but difficult to find/get the right armor).
    The twisting winds procc is really really bad. Even worse on single target.
    Spiked Tongue is really good, but remember that sims always factors in you being 20yards away from the target.

Intuitively I'd say take twisting winds for AoE fights and Spiked Tongue for ST/Cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    The twisting winds procc is really really bad. Even worse on single target.
    Spiked Tongue is really good, but remember that sims always factors in you being 20yards away from the target.

Intuitively I'd say take twisting winds for AoE fights and Spiked Tongue for ST/Cleave.
    Twisting winds hands down wins out on cleave vs spiked tongue just due to the int, and depending on the ilvl gap will win out on ST. Especially on bosses with large hitboxes like those in raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    I'd sim yourself doing different sims for #'s of targets. Twisting winds will likely win out on 2+ target, where spiked tongue will only win out by whatever margin on patchwerk assuming you remain the 20+ yards away.

I've found I greatly dislike the dmg proc trinkets vs having passive int and preferably secondaries like the stat stick or trinkets like chrono shard for destruction.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Twisting winds hands down wins out on cleave vs spiked tongue just due to the int, and depending on the ilvl gap will win out on ST. Especially on bosses with large hitboxes like those in raid.

I'd sim yourself doing different sims for #'s of targets. Twisting winds will likely win out on 2+ target, where spiked tongue will only win out by whatever margin on patchwerk assuming you remain the 20+ yards away.

I've found I greatly dislike the dmg proc trinkets vs having passive int and preferably secondaries like the stat stick or trinkets like chrono shard for destruction.
    Okay yeah true. Int is really strong compared to mastery.

Hmm you may be right about the hit boxes. haven't thought about that. I only have a rather bad twisting winds (865) and tested it out in a couple of mythics+, but the procc ended up being like 1.8% of my overall damage. Even my swarmhive and spiked at the same ilvl do more damage although they are single target.

Okay yeah true. Int is really strong compared to mastery.

Hmm you may be right about the hit boxes. haven't thought about that. I only have a rather bad twisting winds (865) and tested it out in a couple of mythics+, but the procc ended up being like 1.8% of my overall damage. Even my swarmhive and spiked at the same ilvl do more damage although they are single target.
    You don't wear it for the proc, you wear it for the int. The int is significantly more valuable than the mastery or whatever secondary you're getting on a different trinket, and that difference is being made up with those trinkets procs where twisting winds dmg is built into the int with the proc being secondary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You don't wear it for the proc, you wear it for the int. The int is significantly more valuable than the mastery or whatever secondary you're getting on a different trinket, and that difference is being made up with those trinkets procs where twisting winds dmg is built into the int with the proc being secondary.
    yeah that is why I was asking previously. like 2-3 times already how good int actually is. Since int is so much better than versatility and versatility is like 400 vers for 1 % flat damage increase then like 300 int has to be roughly 1% damage increase doesn't it? I know stats are flexible and at one point they beat out each other depending on how much you got, but it's kinda confusing. Especially with trinkets.

Its hard to track int on boss fights and mythics imho. For trinkets I look at their procc and how much damage it does overall.

Should I take an 840 haste int statstick (1123 int 898 + 150 haste)with socket over swarming 865 socket for mythic+ ? They have roughly the same haste so it would be swarming procc versus 1123 int.

(I am really awful at simcraft. I tried the tool but I somehow miserably fail at it)

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Anyio/simple

There is my char and i need some advice from you guys since you are better than me at this since i havent played destro for some long so i am trying to reach out to you for help about this..

I have three trinkets..

Devilsaur Shock Baton in 850 Version
    Swarming Plaugehive in 865 Version
    Narraxas Spiked Tounge in 840 version

If i use Shock Baton plus swarming plaugehive i get theese stats 29% haste 26% crit 48% mastery
    If i use Shock Baton plus Narraxas i get theese stats 27% haste 26% crit and 56& mastery
    If i use Narraxas spiked tounge plus Swarming plaugehive i get 30% haste 23% crit and 56% mastery..

Which 2 trinkets should i use? I do raids and some mythic plus each week..And should i try and get more haste or critgear going forward? Theese type of questions is makeing me kinda irritated :P
    I tried to sim it but since it said with hastetrinket i should go for more haste but without hastetrinket i should go for more crit it is makeing me kinda confused..
    Would apprechiate if anyone could help me with this problem..Much love to you guys

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah that is why I was asking previously. like 2-3 times already how good int actually is. Since int is so much better than versatility and versatility is like 400 vers for 1 % flat damage increase then like 300 int has to be roughly 1% damage increase doesn't it? I know stats are flexible and at one point they beat out each other depending on how much you got, but it's kinda confusing. Especially with trinkets.

Its hard to track int on boss fights and mythics imho. For trinkets I look at their procc and how much damage it does overall.

Should I take an 840 haste int statstick (1123 int 898 + 150 haste)with socket over swarming 865 socket for mythic+ ? They have roughly the same haste so it would be swarming procc versus 1123 int.

(I am really awful at simcraft. I tried the tool but I somehow miserably fail at it)
    It's easy to calculate. INT is straight damage increase for you completely proportional to your current INT value.

For example for my character I have 34477 INT without Chronoshard 880 and with it I have 36190, it means I gained 1713 INT or ~5% extra damage to everything anytime - AoE, single target, pets, portals, whatever.

Compare it to Naraxxas 880 which is like THE proc trinket - its proc is about 5% damage best case scenario, but only in single target AND if you are not hugging the target or Plagueswarm which again loses its power fast when cleave or AoE comes and also can proc on something that flat out dies right away. So basically if you have a choice of Naraxxas 880 and stat stick 880 - stat stick is superior because it's ~5% always+stat as opposed ~5% at best+stat. Maybe maybe pure balls to the wall ST Naraxxas would be a sliver bit better assuming you keep 20 yards away, but that's it.

The only proc trinket which IMO is better than comparable ilvl stat stick is Aran trinket.

I think a lot of players are misled by various trinket rankings, I always say - these are bad and warp your perception a lot - the top of the list there is not the real best trinket (except for Arcanocrystal which is a glorious stat stick), while things in the middle there are much more powerful than this list suggests.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-11-08 at 10:58 PM.

Yes, any time you have more than 1 target the stat stick will win out by a significant margin. I use a 865 stat stick over my 880 socketed plaguehive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The only proc trinket which IMO is better than comparable ilvl stat stick is Aran trinket.
    I've seen that shit do some dumb damage without the chest, I can only imagine. A guildy mage has it and it beats living bomb on pulls and competes with it on others.

Deleted
    Hmm. Seems like I really need to rethink my trinket choices in AoE/Cleave situations.

I wish I had arcanocrystal or better stat sticks :<

Hey just made a lock and leveled it (destro ofc)

Should I be balancing haste and crit or just get as much haste as possible upto like +23% area then get more crit +mastery/vers?

Deleted
    Hey guys, Portable manacracker is better than wriggling sinew for us right? I just got a 880 portable mancracker with gem slot and i have a 890 wriggling sinew, cant decide on which one i should use.