Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Demonology PvP, right now a total disaster

As far as i have tried today, i can say that, if things and numbers stays as they are now, the whole "war mode" and PvP enviroment is completely impossible with Demonology.
    Perhaps is me, I don't know, can someone give me some feedback???
    I love the spec and most of the changes, but pvp dmg is actually terrible, and other classes just kills me in 2/3 seconds, while i keep casting everything i have to achieve really little dmg, can't understand if it's me or it is actually as things should work.

This happens every single xpac for demo... they revamp it make it really good get everyone hyped. And then they crush it into the ground and dont touch it for another xpac

Could almost say the same about Aff, tbh

Deleted

warlock pvp desaster

Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    Could almost say the same about Aff, tbh
    unless blizz makes major changes to our pet damage output it will be no war mode its no fun when you only can kill a player when at low health rogue stile.

Quote Originally Posted by bitteren002 View Post
    unless blizz makes major changes to our pet damage output it will be no war mode its no fun when you only can kill a player when at low health rogue stile.
    I went hunting with destro today. Extremely satisfying. Cant see demo ever being viable for wpvp.

Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post
    As far as i have tried today, i can say that, if things and numbers stays as they are now, the whole "war mode" and PvP enviroment is completely impossible with Demonology.
    I love the spec and most of the changes, but pvp dmg is actually terrible, and other classes just kills me in 2/3 seconds, while i keep casting everything i have to achieve really little dmg, can't understand if it's me or it is actually as things should work.
    Just go affliction and sac your VW.

What Talents are you working with?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, on BG here is the typical scenarios for Demonology:

-No one targeting you. You cast Shadowbolt to kickstart the HoG spam and Demonbolt procs. To release your full potential you need ~10+ seconds. In 90% cases the enemy you target has already died before you even start damaging him.

-Someone targeting you. If its caster you are able to do some damage which is inferior to that of other caster classes/specs. If its melee you ARENT able to start you opening sequence UNTILL you use CC+Portal away. And even if you do, all melees has the tools to reach you, and then you are pretty much fucked.

So you are usually aren't able to even land a significant hit on the enemy.

The reason of it is amount of time you need to stand still and cast shit to start damaging the enemy.
    Id really think about allowing DemoLock cast Shadowbolts on move, just like they did with Fire Mages, and make Shadowfury (AOE stun) instant cast. That would ease our pain and opening sequence.

p.s. Affli is fine in BG/WPvP though. It has everything Demon hasn't - mobility and easy opening sequence. I personally usually top DPS/Kills lists in BG. You just set your pet free then Agony/Corruption/Singularity/SL everyone and focus LowHP enemies with Drain Soul. And thats enough.

So, basically, Demonology isn't viable once again, and we must wait and hope it get fixed with progress and future patches....
    What a fuckin shit, yet again......

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    What do you mean "once again"? It never was, you actually have probably only 2 exceptions in WoW history when it was. Also, every spec is played differently, so you have to play by design not how you want. You can say fuck you Blizzard for that.
    There are a lot of errors in what you say.
    In Legion, Demo have been destroyed, only in mid expansion it was back to be playable, Pve and PvP.

Second, forums and discussion are here to speak about what we find wrong or to get advice, you do not have to agree with everything Blizz does, i am here from the beta and can assure you they have been wrong a lot of times...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    p.s. Affli is fine in BG/WPvP though. It has everything Demon hasn't - mobility and easy opening sequence. I personally usually top DPS/Kills lists in BG. You just set your pet free then Agony/Corruption/Singularity/SL everyone and focus LowHP enemies with Drain Soul. And thats enough.
    SL isn't worth the globals over taking one of the other talents in pvp.
    Drain Soul is dreadful choice when it's competing with Death Bolt.
    Pretty sure sac has been working out better than a pet for most high end pvpers - doing more than respectable damage and pets are too easy to swap to atm.

Afflictions doing great damage, but is squishier than ever, makes it pretty obnoxious if you don't get setup time to make your gateways and portals, because are you fuck casting a gateway once a melee gets on you.

Deleted
    Tried demo in BGs and got absolutely steamrolled by ANY melee. You can't get your combo going because every spell you need to generate soulshards requires casting. Not to mention our damage as Demo is kind of pitiful in PvP situations. I can barely crit for 1k compared to the 4k+ that melee/hunters are able to put out.

Deleted
    Affliction once again is a mage without the mobility, the slows/roots or the immunities. Our defensive cooldowns are trash (-40% dmg on a 3(!) min cd, worst def cd ingame), everybody bursts through them and with no passive dmg reduction we're free kills and healers struggle to heal us even when allowed to freecast.

Soul Link or bust, round 2.

7+ Year Old Account
    Demonolgy takes along time to ramp up, that is its point, to get demonic core going alone takes 15 seconds atleast, so yeah, demonolgy really is not made for pvp, raid bosses sure, but affliction and specificly destro are much, much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    So, basically, Demonology isn't viable once again, and we must wait and hope it get fixed with progress and future patches....
    What a fuckin shit, yet again......
    Its perfectly viable in content that matters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Its perfectly viable in content that matters
    This thread is about pvp if you haven't noticed. Demo is not viable in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by godofmmoc View Post
    Affliction once again is a mage without the mobility, the slows/roots or the immunities. Our defensive cooldowns are trash (-40% dmg on a 3(!) min cd, worst def cd ingame), everybody bursts through them and with no passive dmg reduction we're free kills and healers struggle to heal us even when allowed to freecast.

Soul Link or bust, round 2.
    Aff is terrible, my UA does less damage each tick than my instant cast aoe sunfire on boomkin. It's not any better at 120, locks just flop over dead in a few globals.

Demo hasn't been viable since SL/SL lock in BC and even then that was a hybrid build.

Really enjoying Destro atm, rogues are a headache but they always have been

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for making this thread. Was really annoyed, couldnt do any dmg really and blew everything and not really dealing damage, so i guess it's not just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    Tried demo in BGs and got absolutely steamrolled by ANY melee.
    Which is why in this interim period I have started PVPing on my Frost DK. It's much lesser geared but it hits so much harder. Melee hit clothies and Leatherwearers so hard right now. On my casters I feel like I have to constantly pump resources to do damage. On my DK it's grip, chains of frost and bust them down very quickly.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    Which is why in this interim period I have started PVPing on my Frost DK. It's much lesser geared but it hits so much harder. Melee hit clothies and Leatherwearers so hard right now. On my casters I feel like I have to constantly pump resources to do damage. On my DK it's grip, chains of frost and bust them down very quickly.
    Yup. I can't distance myself at all from any melee. Even Paladins/DKs can keep up with me and they're notorious for 0 mobility. Demo needs a few pvp talent changes. Something that makes Hand of Gul'dan or even Demonbolt hit MUCH harder than they currently do. I.e. If a Demonbolt follows a HoG directly it deals 200% increased damage or Master Summoner now makes both Call Dreadstalkers and HoG instant cast.