Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Bye Bye Warlords of Draenor!

In just over 9 or 18 hrs the door will close on Warlords of Draenor once and for all, as we set off for the Broken Isles. Many would consider WoD to be the worst and most ignored expansion ever. While I agree I think it's unfair to leave it hanging. It still gave me many great memories that I will continue to treasure. So Let's all reminisce about Garrisons, Ashran, and such; and give Warlords a final farewell.

Bye Bye Warlord's of Draenor! May you never happen again!

15+ Year Old Account
    Lets start the bets on when people want to leave Broken Isles.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. And in before the canned "in a year people will be calling it great" reply.

If Legion had just 2 raid tiers it would still have more content than WoD. That's how bad it was...

I don't think anyone is really going to be looking back and thinking about it being great. It never happened with Cataclysm, which was a similar bomb of an expansion, sort of.

The one expansion that should be looked at more fondly is MoP, people give that the shit end of the stick sometimes that it really never deserved. It was so chock full of content and in retrospect, we really didn't know how good we had it

Here's hoping that Legion lives up to it's promises! From all I can see, it sure does look to be doing so, I'm excited

worst expansion yet. Even more than cataclysm.
    Bye bye piece of shit, costed shareholders millions and millions ay lmao

I just feel that WoD came out like 3 months ago, because it has 3 months of content ... idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    The one expansion that should be looked at more fondly is MoP, people give that the shit end of the stick sometimes that it really never deserved. It was so chock full of content and in retrospect, we really didn't know how good we had it
    Don't remind me... I mean yea, Mogushan Vault was... such a boring Raid... But the Quest-Areas weren't half bad with the exception of the last two which fell weirdly flat... But overall the design was interesting, the story wasn't bad and a lot of neat features came in. Cataclysm was the way bigger fallout. I still - even after how... weird and boring WoD was - call it the worst of all Addons thus far.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I don't think anyone is really going to be looking back and thinking about it being great. It never happened with Cataclysm, which was a similar bomb of an expansion, sort of.

Here's hoping that Legion lives up to it's promises! From all I can see, it sure does look to be doing so, I'm excited
    Bullshit. The first tier of Cata was amazing.

Also, the raiding in WoD was great.

There are people who tell themselves WoD was a better expansion than MoP simply because MoP had pandas >.>

Well WoD had simply more design-flaws compared to other xpacs, those being the Garrison (almost every aspect of it, like unlimited ressources + Followers => Little Need to actually go out in the world), Ashran (PVE combined with mega zerg) and patch 6.1 (or generally lack of Content; available Content except raids and mythic dungeons became irrelevant very fast)...

But all in all WoD wasn't all that bad, I do have some good memories about it, though less compared to any other xpac.
    Honestly I'd give WoD a 6.5/10, while the other xpacs would get something around 8/10.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2016-08-29 at 01:03 PM.

I burned down my Garrison over a month ago, we still aren't in Legion yet?

Lets hope the Legion launch will be smooth .

Deleted
    So basicly most of the hate for mop, for me, comes from the massive shift in atmosphere. Burning legion, wrath, cataclysm, pandas with yin/yang. I personally didn't give it a chance after playing the first month I genuinely disliked the entire storyline up until soo. Seeing pandas bouncing around to this day annoys me and I genuinely feel they look out of place in this game. But thats just me and I'm sure a bunch of people love them

Edit: I have a level 100 panda monk though, still cringe everytime I consider using it at log in
    Last edited by mmoccfc882f690; 2016-08-29 at 01:06 PM.

I actually played WoD more than any expansion since Wrath, but that's mostly due to the positive vibes I got from MoP. In retrospect, garrisons made the game a boring clickfest, but Tanaan redeemed it at least partially and since were only getting "garrison lite" and practically 5 zones with content like Tanaan, I'm pretty sure I'll be fine through Legion, even if our dismantled raiding group never reforms.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Deleted
    Really liked the garrison idea, execution was a bit disappointing but it worked well enough, shipyard was atrocious. And the warlords quest leveling experience has been the best in the game so far easily in entertainment. Raids were on point. Pvp remained terrible as it has for 3 expansions, cataclysm and onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    I just feel that WoD came out like 3 months ago, because it has 3 months of content ... idk.
    If so, that was the longest 3 months of my life. u_u

Mop was alright. Not my favorite version of wow. I'm one of those crazy rose tinted goggles people who claims to like classic wow the best (which is true in the sense that I could not possibly play it enough to lose interest).

Mop just sort of felt like something that should have happened after classic wow and before BC.

WoD I kept swapping mains and spent most of my time mindlessly playing in ashran. Not that I had fun there.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Everybody gather up all your shipyard oil and poor it all over that turd and light a match.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is one I will not miss at all, so glad the day has finally come.