Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Urt View Post
    Seems too simple, also aren't all appearances already available?

Excluding the raid ones obv
    The shattered one comes out later. Everything else is available yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    The shattered one comes out later. Everything else is available yeah.
    so The Heart of Corruption is available then? I can not find anywhere on wow head or web where it drops, cuz i MUST have that!

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    so The Heart of Corruption is available then? I can not find anywhere on wow head or web where it drops, cuz i MUST have that!
    Yeah it's available. Nobody has any idea how to get it though. They specifically said ret Paladins and (insert other spec I forgot here) have fun hidden artifact quest lines. So, I have no idea how to get it, but the holy hidden artifact is in so I'd assume this is too.

Quote Originally Posted by LordtouchMe12 View Post
    I think it should also be noted that the Corrupted Ashbringer look comes from an item called [Heart of Corruption], and theres a boss in Emerald nightmare called Il'gynoth, The Heart of Corruption, so perhaps its a drop from this?
    That would be a big disappointment so I hope not.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

I'm sure people have done it already, but what if you take the original skin Ashbringer to all the points in the game in which it's mentioned? Dire Maul, Nat Pagle, Scarlet Monastery, Old Hillsbrad, Naxxramas, etc?

I'd love to think this will be a very detective-like thing, but in the end I'll bet it's not so involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    I'm sure people have done it already, but what if you take the original skin Ashbringer to all the points in the game in which it's mentioned? Dire Maul, Nat Pagle, Scarlet Monastery, Old Hillsbrad, Naxxramas, etc?

I'd love to think this will be a very detective-like thing, but in the end I'll bet it's not so involved.
    Are any of the hidden appearances so far known found in content no longer relevant?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the Ashbringer was originally corrupted when Renault Morgraine betrayed and killed his father, Alexandros, as he faltered in a moment of exhaustion in Stratholme. Perhaps relevant?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Are any of the hidden appearances so far known found in content no longer relevant?
    The disc priest one has you go to New Heartglenn (Dragonblight, Northrend), Scholomance and Karazhan.

The affliction lock one has you go to Deadwind pass.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2016-09-06 at 08:33 AM.

Deleted
    Some people (including myself) have reported getting some whispers while questing in Suramar. I believe i was in Felsoul Hold when i heard a whisper tell me "Put you faith in the light" slowly. Someone else reported "The Ashbringer", also in suramar.
    No idea what triggers it as i was just running there and got freaked out. And we know corrupted one whispers to wielder of it.

Also, some posting about boss in emerald nightmare, i really doubt that, as Heart of Corruption is reward from quest that we do in Acherus Hold, quest called Walking in Shadows, that we probably get somewhere else. So no, Heart shouldnt drop from Heart, as its quest reward.
    Now... how and where do we get to walk in shadows? Or where does some NPC walk in shadows?
    Last edited by mmoc93208f15ee; 2016-09-06 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    The disc priest one has you go to New Heartglenn (Dragonblight, Northrend), Scholomance and Karazhan.

The affliction lock one has you go to Deadwind pass.
    To acquire the start of it? I can understand having it go to the old places during the quest but to start it?

This also - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=221224/reform-book. Been running around checking various npcs to see if they'll combine them.

Quote Originally Posted by genai View Post
    Some people (including myself) have reported getting some whispers while questing in Suramar. I believe i was in Felsoul Hold when i heard a whisper tell me "Put you faith in the light" slowly. Someone else reported "The Ashbringer", also in suramar.
    No idea what triggers it as i was just running there and got freaked out. And we know corrupted one whispers to wielder of it.
    I've heard a random "Grant me one final blessing...", thought I was going crazy, or it was something to do with Will of the Ashbringer, but it's only happened once.

Did anyone check Naxxramas? since we could Corrupted Ashbringer acquire from there, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Did anyone checked Naxxramas? since we could Corrupted Ashbringer acquire from there, who knows.
    I went there with the default skin applied, went to the Four Horsemen, nothing unusual.

Alright, after rechecked the story of the blade, possible dungeons/raids and locations tie-able:
    Blackrock spire (Morgraine found the crystal there which became the orb in Ashbringer later)
    Ironforge (Magni bronzebeard forged it)
    Scarlet monastery(Morgraine's son Renault made the blade corrupted, he was resided in the original monastery)
    Outland, David Wayne (rumored to be Morgraine's unnamed son in disguise)
    Sunwell, Muruu (The original dark crystal was presumably a darkened Naaru core originating from Oshu'gun)
    Outland- Oshu'gun (same as previous)

I checked David Wayne with both books in my inventory last night. Didn't have any dialogue options. Didn't see anything in Scarlet Cathedral or Oshu'gun either.

I wonder if you check some of these areas while dead....echoes/memories, maybe?

I'm thinking about forces that could corrupt the weapon once again, since the skin is basically about the blade being corrupted again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a paladin, just wanted to come in say, Holy Hell Guys, this is amazing. I love reading about this investigation work. As a Vengeance DH i am honestly a little bit envious that your skin comes from something more than kill generic boss. I have linked this thread to my Paladin friend and he is definitely interested and seeing where this goes.

Sorry to not contribute but seriously guys, good luck.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.