Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Retard RNG decides if your profession is profitable or not.

LF alchemy rank 3 !!
    Oh you are only rank 2 ?? you better craft 2 thousand potions making -200g each and hope to god you get the rank 3 recipe.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    alchemy has been rng since BC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belime View Post
    alchemy has been rng since BC
    But never like this

Atm if you don't have rank 3 your profession is completely useless, the mats cost more than any flask/potion you can make at rank 2

Quote Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
    But never like this

Atm if you don't have rank 3 your profession is completely useless, the mats cost more than any flask/potion you can make at rank 2
    ^^^^^^
    If you are not rank 3, you are useless to everybody, the guy who got rank 3 first will craft everything for your guild, raid, etc. and you have to craft yourself, taking losses in every craft.

Deleted
    I haven't found a single person that has Rank 3 recipes for Alchemy or they're busy making all the gold so I'm stuck supplying my own mats for Rank 2 people and paying between 0 and 1000g. :/

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Newsflash: Literally everything in this game is now RNG. you can't work harder or get better, it all comes down to the RNG.

But never like this

I mean it's useless in the sense of making gold.
    But it still does have a use. To make a flask/potion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    I mean it's useless in the sense of making gold.
    But it still does have a use. To make a flask/potion.
    Yes, but why would you do that? Where do you get the herbs required? currently the value of the herbs for a flask on my server is ~3k gold but the flask sells for 2.2k-2.4k.

I have alchemy, i completed all quests and have basic recipes but why should i use it to craft anything when i can buy the flasks/pots from AH which is cheaper and faster.

Yes, but why would you do that?
    Where do you get the herbs required?
    To create a flask/potion.
    And there are flower nodes all across the broken isles, just like previous expansions.

If you're not a herbalist able to pick flowers, try to find someone that will sell in bulk but at a discounted cost.

Deleted
    To create a flask/potion.
    And there are flower nodes all across the broken isles, just like previous expansions.

If you're not a herbalist able to pick flowers, try to find someone that will sell in bulk but at a discounted cost.
    If i'm presented with the options of buying a flask for 3k and buying one for 2.4k, that's not really a choice, making something just to show you can it doesn't mean it has purpose or viability.

Having the ability to do something doesn't automatically make it useful.

The problem is the scarcity of the herbs (and ore) more so then the ranking system (which still could use some tweaks)

But never like this

That's an economy (perhaps botting) issue, not any inherent problem with the profession itself, no?
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-09-26 at 02:17 PM.

If i'm presented with the options of buying a flask for 3k and buying one for 2.4k, that's not really a choice, making something just to show you can it doesn't mean it has purpose or viability.

Having the ability to do something doesn't automatically make it useful.
    You are right if you look at it that way.

But I still stand by my point, either pick the herbs yourself, or buy from a bulk seller for a discounted price.
    You are presented with many different options for obtaining herbs in this game, but you just resort to buying them.

You should first exhaust every option you have to obtain said items before you complain about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    That's an economy (perhaps botting) issue, not any inherent problem with the profession itself, no?
    The issue is caused by the profession, more specifically the gap between rank 2, which most people have, and rank 3 which is acquired via RNG. If you're part of the few lucky ones to get rank 3 then you can craft and sell potions/flasks lower than mat cost for rank 2.

The issue is caused by the profession, more specifically the gap between rank 2, which most people have, and rank 3 which is acquired via RNG. If you're part of the few lucky ones to get rank 3 then you can craft and sell potions/flasks lower than mat cost for rank 2.
    Kolvarg is correct. It is an economy issue, not a profession issue.

You literally just pointed out why it is an economy issue in this post.

A little bit offtopic here, but still kind of ontopic:

Why does everyone complain.
    It has been proven time and time again that gathering professions make out like bandits at the beginning of an expansion.

Deleted
    You are right if you look at it that way.

But I still stand by my point, either pick the herbs yourself, or buy from a bulk seller for a discounted price.
    You are presented with many different options for obtaining herbs in this game, but you just resort to buying them.

You should first exhaust every option you have to obtain said items before you complain about it.
    I think i evaluated the pros and cons of every options.
    Let's take your suggestion of picking the herbs yourself for example.

Creating a flask or potion requires 3 types of herbs, of different value.
    Option 1: Go from zone to zone and obtain each of the needed herbs and craft your flask/potion.
    Option 2: Go to the zone with the highest value herb and gather as much as you can, sell that herb at AH, buy flask from AH

First of all even though herb and alchemy go well together they are still two different professions, if you want to evaluate the usefulness of alchemy it should be done as a stand-alone since the benefits don't actually come from alchemy here but from herbalism.

Secondly option 2 is probably the best thing you could do in terms of cost while having this profession combo.

You literally just pointed out why it is an economy issue in this post.
    Is your english language different than mine? i just explained how the RNG inherent to the profession causes this issue, how can you read that and understand it's an economy issue.
    Last edited by mmoc126994aa46; 2016-09-26 at 02:36 PM.

I think i evaluated the pros and cons of every options.
    Let's take your suggestion of picking the herbs yourself for example.

Creating a flask or potion requires 3 types of herbs, of different value.
    Option 1: Go from zone to zone and obtain each of the needed herbs and craft your flask/potion.
    Option 2: Go to the zone with the highest value herb and gather as much as you can, sell that herb at AH, buy flask from AH

First of all even though herb and alchemy go well together they are still two different professions, if you want to evaluate the usefulness of alchemy it should be done as a stand-alone since the benefits don't actually come from alchemy here but from herbalism.

Secondly option 2 is probably the best thing you could do in terms of cost while having this profession combo.

Is your english language different than mine? i just explained how the RNG inherent to the profession causes this issue, how can you read that and understand it's an economy issue.
    Because it is not an RNG issue.
    It is a supply and demand issue.

If it were an RNG issue, then this issue would be prevalent throughout the whole expansion. Which, correct me if I am wrong does not happen.

Examples: Every single expansion, ever.

Let's look at it like this: The herb prices are too high, herbalist sees this and goes "Hey! I can make some money!" now multiply this by every player on your server who has herbalism, minus a few.

Now if herb prices are too much on the AH, and you can only sell at a loss, then naturally demand to buy these herbs go down.

Overfarming of the herbs plus low demand=an over abundance of herbs at an insanely cheap price.

Hey guess what you can do now? Craft flasks/potions without losing your precious gold.

The market will eventually straighten itself out.

Deleted
    Because it is not an RNG issue.
    It is a supply and demand issue.

If it were an RNG issue, then this issue would be prevalent throughout the whole expansion. Which, correct me if I am wrong does not happen.

Examples: Every single expansion, ever.

Let's look at it like this: The herb prices are too high, herbalist sees this and goes "Hey! I can make some money!" now multiply this by every player on your server who has herbalism, minus a few.

Now if herb prices are too much on the AH, and you can only sell at a loss, then naturally demand to buy these herbs go down.

Overfarming of the herbs plus low demand=an over abundance of herbs at an insanely cheap price.

Hey guess what you can do now? Craft flasks/potions without losing your precious gold.

The market will eventually straighten itself out.
    It has absolutely NOTHING to do with supply and demand and it's cause 100% by the RNG from rank 3.
    People aren't selling at a loss here, no one is buying herbs to craft flasks/potions and sell them cheaper than the mat cost.
    If herb prices are too high you do NOT make flasks or don't sell them at that price, that's not how supply and demand works.

This never happened in any expansion.

Yes herb prices are high but guess what, flask prices were higher! and it was like this until people started getting rank 3.

It's beyond any doubt it's a RNG issue, take away rank 3 and there won't be a single flask on any server lower than mats cost.

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with supply and demand and it's cause 100% by the RNG from rank 3.
    People aren't selling at a loss here, no one is buying herbs to craft flasks/potions and sell them cheaper than the mat cost.
    If herb prices are too high you do NOT make flasks or don't sell them at that price, that's not how supply and demand works.

This never happened in any expansion.

Yes herb prices are high but guess what, flask prices were higher! and it was like this until people started getting rank 3.

It's beyond any doubt it's a RNG issue, take away rank 3 and there won't be a single flask on any server lower than mats cost.
    I mean.

Supply goes down because everyone was buying herbs to make flasks in order to try to get the rank3 skill.
    So if everyone is buying herbs then the demand goes up.

Low supply, high demand. Creates high prices.

Add in the people trying to level their professions and raids releasing, yeah you are going to have very high prices on everything.

And yes, this has happened in every expansion. I just don't know how you cannot see that this is literally supply and demand. You are just too ignorant to accept that you are wrong. Take the whole rank1/2/3 shit out of it, and you will still have the same fucking issue, EVERYTHING IS EXPENSIVE AT THE BEGINNING OF AN EXPANSION.

If you're buying herbs, you're going to have a bad time. There's no money to be made in clicking a button to craft shit when none of the mats are soulbound.