Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Having your Mom is the most precious thing in this world

Seriously, nothing compares to this. Cherish your Mom while she is still alive.

Yes, our mom is a gift. We should be grateful if our mother is still alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    nothing compares to a mom's love.

Agreed, Jay's mom is pretty great

10+ Year Old Account
    I am always envious of people who have this type of relationship/feelings about their moms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    My mom and I used to be extremely close, but in recent years her and my step-dad have spiraled out of control with alcoholism. Now she's not even the same person, I can't remember the last time I had a conversation with the person I used to consider my mom. Last Christmas my step dad came home and she was passed out drunk on the floor. She hadn't taken her diabetes medications and had instead overdosed on xanax and alcohol. We called the cops, they forcefully removed her and had her committed in a mental ward for several weeks. She was fine for 2 months and then she relapsed. Now she's worse than ever and I honestly don't know what's going to happen first, the breaking point where she hits rock bottom and realizes she needs to quit, or she drinks herself to death.

Deleted
    This is discrimination towards single dads, what about people who don't have a mom but a lovely father? On a serious note tough...

feels to me that single dads are mostly forgotten because the mother given birth to the children.

Oh my Mother is pretty awesome but... my two children are even more precious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    My mom and I used to be extremely close, but in recent years her and my step-dad have spiraled out of control with alcoholism. Now she's not even the same person, I can't remember the last time I had a conversation with the person I used to consider my mom. Last Christmas my step dad came home and she was passed out drunk on the floor. She hadn't taken her diabetes medications and had instead overdosed on xanax and alcohol. We called the cops, they forcefully removed her and had her committed in a mental ward for several weeks. She was fine for 2 months and then she relapsed. Now she's worse than ever and I honestly don't know what's going to happen first, the breaking point where she hits rock bottom and realizes she needs to quit, or she drinks herself to death.

I feel your pain..my grandparents were the same..so basically my Mom went what you are going thru.

My mom used to be super awesome. Now she is a alcoholic.

I rarely talk to her anymore and only see her on holidays. She does let me use her beach house whenever I want, so she still has that going for her.

I have to disagree. The internet is pretty awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it depends on the mom, but I love mine. She has her flaws, but I am definitely a better person than I could have been without her guidance!

My granddad however... Well, let's not talk bad about the dead. Let's just say he was... less than great.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    I agree, Jay's mom is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I agree, Jay's mom is great.
    Ouch...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they are a treasure...

I used to be super close with my mom but recently she has begun to tell everyone my personal business and ignores me when I tell her to stop. Examples are.. she informs my aunt of every single doctor visit of mine, and no, my aunt does not care about my health; she is a drama starter. Yesterday she told me how she was telling some woman at wal-mart "that said she went to school with me but she doesn't know her name" that I was recently married. She told me how she was talking to her friends about me continuing my schooling and more information that just really isn't any of their business. I brought her to the doctor and she was stopped her own appointment to talk about how I was married (I'm pretty sure he didn't care). It's just really unnerving to have such personal information thrown around the place when I constantly tell her to stop. It has caused a rift between us. I can't even ask my mom for advice on things or talk to her because it turns into a hallmark family event where EVERYONE IN THE TOWN has to know about it.

I just honestly wish she would just stop talking about me so we can continue to exist in peace.
    You come get the voodoo.

My Mom is awesome.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure this is the most precious

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Seriously, nothing compares to this. Cherish your Mom while she is still alive.
    My mother is a useless manipulative cunt. She wrecked the lives of everyone she has ever came in contact with. God fucking thanks that we finally managed to get her out of lives last year.

I don't think I ever seen my father so healthy and happy in 32 years. Everyone in our family is better off.

Fucking cunt she is.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My mother and I are very close.

I've noticed her get more and more depressed as time goes on. She's almost unbearable.

A part of it is the fact that she's a full-time grandparent since my sis ain't gonna do shit but look pretty. Another part of it is because she had a stroke about 11 years ago and it left some brain damage.

Still though, it kind of sucks not having her around as much. Never seems like we have anything to talk about when I do see her. It's not as bad as my dad though.

It's not always easy but I take greater care of my parents now than I used to.

Last week I bought my mom a chess set made of marble to replace the one that I accidentally broke when I was 7.
    Last edited by Hotmail; 2016-09-01 at 12:04 AM.