Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Is it ok to spend 3000-4000+ class hall resources on your class set upgrades?

I see lots of quests offering 300-1000 garrison resources plus caches giving almost a thousand, and it seems that I don't really need to use them much for upgrades (500 every 3 days for research, 1000-10k every 12 days for perks, 100 for missions every few hours).

Yes. But keep a stockpile so you don't delay Research or Order Hall advancement.

Get a bodyguard follower equipped with a piece of Champion Equipment that provides order resources on world quest completion.

You'll be swimming in order resources.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

Yes, if you make world quests to compensate. Especially if you need to get 810 to start doing heroics.

At this point I don't really see where we can spend 3000 of Order Hall ressources.

I was at just over 22k resources when I decided to upgrade two pieces of 810 to 830. Took me all of two days to get back up to 20k. If it's a character that you intend to play regularly, you'll be swimming in resources.

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    I see lots of quests offering 300-1000 garrison resources plus caches giving almost a thousand, and it seems that I don't really need to use them much for upgrades (500 every 3 days for research, 1000-10k every 12 days for perks, 100 for missions every few hours).
    yes to bump your itlv - its essntial in early gearing as the higher gear you have the better gear you will be geting from WQ

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    yes to bump your itlv - its essntial in early gearing as the higher gear you have the better gear you will be geting from WQ
    Wait really? World quests rewards scale with item lvl?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Yes.

/10chars

They don't completely "scale" with your ilvl but there's a pretty decent chance to get higher ilvl gear than your own ilvl from world quests.

Deleted
    If you already doing mythics and can clear without problem each week then - NO
    If you still need ilvl to join heroics then - YES

I upgrade 4 pieces to 840 yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyndra View Post
    If you already doing mythics and can clear without problem each week then - NO
    If you still need ilvl to join heroics then - YES

I upgrade 4 pieces to 840 yesterday.
    Heroics, hah I started mythic at 798 and am now 824. If you can get a good tank and healer mythic aren't to bad just cc but if you don't...sure upgrade the class hall pieces.
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaV View Post
    Heroics, hah I started mythic at 798 and am now 824. If you can get a good tank and healer mythic aren't to bad just cc but if you don't...sure upgrade the class hall pieces.
    not everyone has friends to carry him through mythics...

really depend on your gear and how many resources you have

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    not everyone has friends to carry him through mythics...
    Not really carried at all considering I end up first to second on most fights, even when I was 798. Destro with Bloodlust is really damn amazing. Plus Havoc is good when pulling 2 mobs at a time and with CCing that's the case most of the time.

Deleted
    stop calling them garrison resources for the love of god

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaV View Post
    Not really carried at all considering I end up first to second on most fights, even when I was 798. Destro with Bloodlust is really damn amazing. Plus Havoc is good when pulling 2 mobs at a time and with CCing that's the case most of the time.
    that might be true, but i doubt you did it in pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's perfectly OK. I have the first 5 items of the class set all upgrade to 840 and I still have enough resources for the next research. Resources will start piling on later even more (especially if you give your combat ally the equipment that gives resources per world quest complete). I really hope they find some use for them later in the xpac (And I think it would be completely fair if 7.1 introduced a new upgrade item for 850 gear at a very high resource cost)
    how do you upgrade your class set items?

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    that might be true, but i doubt you did it in pugs.
    No I did it in a Guild group since it was the first time any of us had done it, and it went extremely well considering our average item lvl was closer to 810.

Deleted
    World quests scale with ilvl, but everything does really, the higher Ilvl you have the higher chance when a piece of gear drops that it will upgrade so it is useable for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    how do you upgrade your class set items?
    the guy in your garrison where you buy the sets, sells the items to upgrade. 810 - 820, 820 - 830 and 830 - 840 items.

No, this is absolutely unacceptable.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV