Need some help on choosing my tank class for once.

Currently deciding between Blood, Prot Warrior, and Druid. Will be doing Mythic+ and Heroic Raiding. I love the play and flavor of all three pretty equally, but I'm most used to playing Blood.

The insight I'm looking for is, what would you choose and why? Is there a solid reason NOT to pick one of these three? I know Prot is really strong, but I fear a ham fisted Blizzard nerf (lets not lie, it isn't that uncommon) and I know Blood has issues in the Mythic tier of raiding, but I'm not sure how they'll stack up in Heroic. Druid I know is solid all around, but speaks too me the least of the 3.

Any insight, links to vids or anything you have would be great. With Legion being so time consuming for fully decking out a toon I need to make my choice soon as I don't have 7 days a week 12 hours a day to handle all three

are you doing top 100 in the world or realm raiding? no? then blood is fine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Currently deciding between Blood, Prot Warrior, and Druid. Will be doing Mythic+ and Heroic Raiding. I love the play and flavor of all three pretty equally, but I'm most used to playing Blood.

The insight I'm looking for is, what would you choose and why? Is there a solid reason NOT to pick one of these three? I know Prot is really strong, but I fear a ham fisted Blizzard nerf (lets not lie, it isn't that uncommon) and I know Blood has issues in the Mythic tier of raiding, but I'm not sure how they'll stack up in Heroic. Druid I know is solid all around, but speaks too me the least of the 3.

Any insight, links to vids or anything you have would be great. With Legion being so time consuming for fully decking out a toon I need to make my choice soon as I don't have 7 days a week 12 hours a day to handle all three

Paladin > Druid > Demon-hunter. I tank as a demon-hunter and now (with fully relic slots unlocked) I pretty much boost people through Mythics at 840. I had scenarios where a healer died and I soloed bosses from 20% etc. The self healing is pretty much solid. Paladins have many buffs to reduce the damage and playing a druid tank is very easy.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prot warrior? They are terrible lol. No self-healing and average dmg reduction. As the above said, Prot Palas and guardian druids are the masters now.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    Prot warrior? They are terrible lol. No self-healing and average dmg reduction. As the above said, Prot Palas and guardian druids are the masters now.
    I completely disagree with you. As a Prot Warrior I can pull effectively 110k-150k HPS through Ignore Pain absorbs. Our active mitigation through Shield Block is arguably the best out of all the tanks (100% block chance with critical block for 6 seconds with 2 charges and 12 sec CD, possible for 100% uptime). On top of that we have an AOE stun on a short CD, brilliant survivability CDs through Last Stand, Shield Wall, Demoralizing Shout, Spell Reflect, etc as well as our Artifact ability effectively being a better Shield Block, and good damage on both single target and AOE encounters. I firmly believe as a Mythic Raid Leader that Prot Warr is currently the strongest choice of tank, followed closely by Guardian and Prot Pally.

It's worth mentioning that I did Mythic DHT, HoV and Nelth at 795ilvl and a ilvl 810 priest healer within an hour of hitting level 110 on my warr due to how ridiculous Ignore Pain currently is. Can you say that any other tank could achieve the same thing?

In regards to OPs original post though, I'd say for Mythic+ and Heroic raiding all of the tanks are viable bar Brewmaster, which is currently incredibly undertuned.
    Last edited by SpiralAU; 2016-09-05 at 05:59 AM.

Any tank can do normal mythic without cc if they use proper AM/CDs.
    Prot Warriors with a vengeance build and aura monitoring will never die barring mez/stun.
    Dks and DHs are meter queens but will crumple to burst.

Mythic+ is much more about corrdinating stuns/kicks/externals on trash.

Pick your own tank.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    These forums have several threads about classes suitable for various aspects of the game. Also a one for tanking. Maybe you could get some ideas there. As generally "help me pick my class" threads are not allowed. Closing the topic.