Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question stats priority MW ?

Hello everyone,

I'm a casual player, and i'm going to craft some leather stuff, but I don't know which stats I want on my equipment for my Mistweaver monk. I don't go in raids, only dungeons (normal and heroic, eventually mythic one day). What is the stats priority for me please ? I thought about : intell > haste > mastery > versatility > crit. What do you think ? And what about haste breakpoints ? Are they 5%/20%/35%/50% ?
    So on my crafted gear, i'm looking for mastery + haste (until i reach a BP) and mastery + versatility ?

Thanks a lot !

ps : sorry for my poor english, I hope you understood what i meant ! XD
    Last edited by eilhya; 2016-09-06 at 07:36 AM.

Deleted
    Icy-Veins Mistweaver:
    1. Intellect
    2. Versatility
    3. Critical Strike
    4. Haste = Mastery

Noxxic:
    1. Intellect
    2. Critical Strike
    3. Versatility
    4. Mastery
    5. Haste

Askmrrobot:
    1. Intellect
    2. Critical Strike
    3. Versatility
    4. Mastery
    5. Haste

I said it earlier, i'll say it again:
    Icy-Veins is well-known but they don't give any info on how they got their data, it's just marked as "approved by best monk in the world".
    Askmrrobot is still in beta for Legion, but they run hours of simulations (to get highest sustained hps on a 6-7min fight). You can also run your own simulation for different encounters. I trust AMR far more than Icy-Veins.
    Noxxic is usually hated by people, i don't know why but i never followed their guide because of that, but it seems they got the monk heal right at least.

My personal preferences and conclusion:
    Askmrrobot.
    Last edited by mmoc59a71d5d3f; 2016-09-06 at 09:52 AM.

thank you for your answer ! The problem is : the stats are good for raids, not for dungeons.

But i didn't see that last time I read Icy-Veins, the stats for Mythic+ are : haste>mastery>versatility> crit.
    I'm going to run my own simulation on AMR, I will see what it says.

If anyone has any other advice... Thanks !

Smile

My MW is 110 in 820 ilvl gear. I never had mana issues or healing problems at any point leveling while in dungons.
    No issues in heroic 5 mans either, even with pug groups.
    Current stats are:
    17% Crit
    13% Haste
    225% Mastery
    5% Versatility

I rarely go under 70% mana at the end of a boss fight. If I am running with pug tank/group and then usually hit 30% if the group goes wild, especially on trash pulls. When raids finally come out, there will be plenty of time to tweak the stats with gear choices then. Right now, my focus is on throughput and not going OOM. :-)
    For further reference, I'm pulling between 80k - 150k hps, depending on instance and group comp.
    Hope this helps a bit! Stay Misty!

P.s At this stage, go with what you feel is working best for you! Guides are all over the place, some with old beta info, etc. No one will have the real numbers until raids go live, then we can fine tune it all! Mastery is probably going to play a bigger role in end game based on the recent changes. Check out blogs like Crane Style Healing, Misty Teahouse etc. THey aren't updated completely but they have great preliminary information for us! Enjoy!
    Last edited by Lilaeth; 2016-09-06 at 03:52 PM. Reason: added info

Haste is the best overall stat for monks in general. It decreases the GCD and spell cast time for all of your abilities in all modes. It increases your energy generation if you plan to Tank or DPS at some point, allowing you to use more abilities over the course of a fight. It will increase how often your Soothing Mists ticks for on the target. If you plan to be flexible in your role, start with Haste.

If you plan to just heal, not Fistweave, and not do any DPSing or Tanking, then consider Critical Strike up to a certain soft cap (unsure what it is yet) as your main source of income. While healing over time is nice, sometimes you need the bigger, meatier heals to keep people up in the group and critical healing is more important than other options.

I'm not sure on how well Versatility or Mastery stacks in all of this yet, still getting geared up for mythic dungeons at the time.

What would be the stat weight values I would need to enter for Pawn?

Right now I'm getting ~ 20% healing out of Mastery - how can Mastery be that low in the stat weights?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uunagi View Post
    Haste is the best overall stat for monks in general. It decreases the GCD and spell cast time for all of your abilities in all modes. It increases your energy generation if you plan to Tank or DPS at some point, allowing you to use more abilities over the course of a fight. It will increase how often your Soothing Mists ticks for on the target. If you plan to be flexible in your role, start with Haste.

If you plan to just heal, not Fistweave, and not do any DPSing or Tanking, then consider Critical Strike up to a certain soft cap (unsure what it is yet) as your main source of income. While healing over time is nice, sometimes you need the bigger, meatier heals to keep people up in the group and critical healing is more important than other options.

I'm not sure on how well Versatility or Mastery stacks in all of this yet, still getting geared up for mythic dungeons at the time.
    Haste is pretty much only good for brewmasters. Its not that good for either windwalkers or mistweavers. Mistweavers like crit and verse more then haste and windwalkers like mastery and crit more then haste.

For healing haste and mastery affects lower % of your total healing then crit and verse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uunagi View Post

Haste is only good for brewmasters...

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    What would be the stat weight values I would need to enter for Pawn?
    Only AMR provides stats weights from their sims, so you can use those (makes you wonder how icyveins and noxxic figured out their stats priority... based on "the feeling" lol):

Mistweaver:
    Intellect 15.81
    Critical Strike 9.58
    Versatility 9.17
    Mastery 4.9
    Haste 4.88
    "Stat weights aren't really useful for ranking legendaries, set bonuses, trinkets, relics, runeforges, or enchants."

Some may disagree with this order, i understand, but those are results from a lot of simulation data. If one can provide relevant sim data to suggest another stats priority, and not just "based on my own experience" or "best monk in the world said so", i'd be glad to read about it.
    Last edited by mmoc59a71d5d3f; 2016-09-07 at 12:58 AM.

Stop not using reliable sources... check Geodew's spreadsheet.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...at-Weights-7-0

For dungeons Haste/Mastery are most likely what you want. It's the best stats it seems for tank healing and the fights are short.

For raids, it depends which talent you take in the level 100 row.

Mana Tea: Haste > Versatility > Crit > Mastery (There are haste break points you need to consider, once you hit it, Haste falls below crit)
    FT: Versatility > Crit > Haste > Mastery
    RT: Haste > Crit = Versatility > Mastery

Check the links in the pinned post's first page for more information

Please eliminate Noxxic from any serious discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Right now I'm getting ~ 20% healing out of Mastery - how can Mastery be that low in the stat weights?
    Because mastery doesn't affect all our spells, haste too.

Which is why Crit and Vers are higher.

But in dungeons you use the mastery spells more often than in raids.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Well I can't understand how to use this spreadsheet. If anyone wants to help me I'd appreciate it. Kinda new to this deep detailed discussion and I don't even know how to change the talents to true/false on the second page.
    I can't pm yet but my battletag is vervamon#1604. Thanks!
    Last edited by Terferi; 2016-09-07 at 01:41 PM. Reason: contact info

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Because mastery doesn't affect all our spells, haste too.

Which is why Crit and Vers are higher.

But in dungeons you use the mastery spells more often than in raids.
    I know Mastery doesn't affect all of our heals but it's still pretty strong. 20% of total healing is (imho) great. And why should I use the Mastery spells more often in dungeons than in raids? EnM, ReM, Vivify (I don't use Effuse) - my main heals in dungeons and raids as well. Maybe more Essence Font that's not directly providing from Mastery but besides that? Or what is different that it alters the stat priority so much? But for 5man Mastery is strong, maybe the best stat?
    Last edited by Nyel; 2016-09-07 at 08:16 AM.

Deleted
    For me mastery has been doing roughly 10% of the healing I do. My gear has gotten quite alot of haste 20% and Amalgan trinket, so Effuse is something I try to avoid as much possible to use so mastery value goes down alot for me.

I know Mastery doesn't affect all of our heals but it's still pretty strong. 20% of total healing is (imho) great. And why should I use the Mastery spells more often in dungeons than in raids? EnM, ReM, Vivify (I don't use Effuse) - my main heals in dungeons and raids as well. Maybe more Essence Font that's not directly providing from Mastery but besides that? Or what is different that it alters the stat priority so much? But for 5man Mastery is strong, maybe the best stat?
    Effuse, Renewing Mist, Enveloping Mist, and Vivify are the only spells affected by our mastery.

Which leaves out Revival, Essence Font, Chi-Ji, RJW, Soothing Mist, Sheilun's Gift and all other healing extra from artifact traits.

By no mean I believe I know everything there is to know about healing in 7.x yet, but from my full mythic clear last night, you can see the percentages:

And that is with focus on versatility/crit gear. So even if you believe Mastery is good, even if you don't spec especially for it, you have a good chunk already..
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

You're right, even if you're stacking versatility / crit Mastery can get ~ 15% - that's quite huge, isn't it?

I don't know that much about Mistweavers right now, I'm still learning and that's why I'm asking. I mean, 15-20% of overall healing through Mastery is great, isn't it?

I'm not using Effuse (like most MWs), the only thing really missing out Mastery would be Essence Font cause it's the only spammable heal that's not proccing it. And afaik Essence Font should not be overused - I don't know how it'll be in raid environments but from a 5man perspective Mastery just seems very strong. That's why I'm asking and discussing this (again).

I don't know that much about Mistweavers right now, I'm still learning and that's why I'm asking. I mean, 15-20% of overall healing through Mastery is great, isn't it?
    It depends on how much Mastery is commited to generating that amount of overall healing.

What you're not considering is the benefits of the stats you're not seeing. Consider Haste. In a parse that so heavily emphasized Enveloping Mists, my suspicion is that if the player reforged all their mastery to haste (obviously, in a theoretical sense), they'd end up with more healing even sacrificing the 15%-20% Gust of Mists.

Indeed, it would be a very, very odd parse where Mastery generated more aggregate healing because Mastery only affects a limited number of spells and it only affects one of that group of spells better than stats like Haste/Critical/Versatility.

That one spell is Effuse, which effectively gets a bit over +3% per point of Mastery. So if you're gearing for Mastery what you're really saying is that you highly value your single target direct heal (which is not unreasonable in 5-man and PvP) and you're willing to take a hit on total healing so you can pump out enormous single target healing.

Here's my results from 2 mythics, (well these are the 9 bosses with kills) darkheart thicket and halls of valor from tonight. imgur.com/a/iIsGA#NPGtLR6

I'm too new to post the link.

My stats are :
    Intellect: 25877
    Crit: 6604
    Haste: 2417
    Mastery: 6976
    Verse: 1982

I don't know if I should wear low ilvl stuff that is more crit and verse since that seems to be what most stat weights say. But I think that is more for raiding maybe.

Mastery is significantly better in dungeons than in raids.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Mastery is significantly better in dungeons than in raids.
    Yep. And for me Mastery produces literally no overhealing (~5-7%). Right now I'm full Mastery for 5man and it feels great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Effuse, Renewing Mist, Enveloping Mist, and Vivify are the only spells affected by our mastery.

Which leaves out Revival, Essence Font, Chi-Ji, RJW, Soothing Mist, Sheilun's Gift and all other healing extra from artifact traits.

By no mean I believe I know everything there is to know about healing in 7.x yet, but from my full mythic clear last night, you can see the percentages:

Thank you very much for this picture, i just realise i focus to much on Effuse/Vivify, while you heavy abuse Enveloping Mist/Renewing Mist, mind if i ask,how can you have the mana to focus so much heal on RM/RM in mytics? any tips you can give me?