No life relic drops. Am I missing something?

AS the title says, I haven't got a single life relic to drop for me all the way back from lvl 100 and thus my ilvl on my weapon is very low. Is there a way to get one for sure?

Inscription can make them. You should also be getting some from the quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    AS the title says, I haven't got a single life relic to drop for me all the way back from lvl 100 and thus my ilvl on my weapon is very low. Is there a way to get one for sure?
    Are you doing any quests with Holy as loot spec or as Holy? Recently had a buddy say the same about his priest, but he realized he was doing everything as shadow.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Yeah my guess would be wrong loot spec as well.

You can go on the AH, relics are sold under Gems.

If you've had Fire or Iron, your loot spec is Ret or Prot. Those would have been Life if your loot spec had been Holy.

There were plenty of such relics while questing, though endgame loot is naturally random.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    If you've had Fire or Iron, your loot spec is Ret or Prot. Those would have been Life if your loot spec had been Holy.

There were plenty of such relics while questing, though endgame loot is naturally random.
    You can get relics drops in instances and on world quests for offspecs that arent set as your loot specialization

Deleted
    I know for sure that Life Relics drop in Hall of Valor, Maw of Souls and I think maybe Neltharions.

Just buy a +24 relic off the AH, they go for like 100g on my server.

Deleted
    Got one from a World Quest.

On a side note, are world quest relics even tied to your loot spec?

So far I was offered 2 arcane relics, 2 life and 2 fire as a prot paladin with no offspec artifact and arcane relics were offered to me when arcane slot was still locked. I'm not even bothering doing yet another world quest for useless life / fire relics and they pop time and again while I can't get hands on any better holy relic than 780 ilvl, there is none sold either (as the only crafted one is gated heavily with valarjar rep as I understand).

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    On a side note, are world quest relics even tied to your loot spec?

So far I was offered 2 arcane relics, 2 life and 2 fire as a prot paladin with no offspec artifact and arcane relics were offered to me when arcane slot was still locked. I'm not even bothering doing yet another world quest for useless life / fire relics and they pop time and again while I can't get hands on any better holy relic than 780 ilvl, there is none sold either (as the only crafted one is gated heavily with valarjar rep as I understand).
    Some world quests actively avoid giving loot for the spec youre in(playing not looting) atleast this has been the case in my experience

Quote Originally Posted by Xarathan View Post
    Some world quests actively avoid giving loot for the spec youre in(playing not looting) atleast this has been the case in my experience
    I saw that happening on beta (unholy dk being constantly thrown world quests with frost relics) I was wondering, is rng trolling or is it intentional design?

I deliberately didn't complete quests for other 2 artifacts as I have no intention of playing those specs, yet I'm still offered relics for them.

Watch the world quests; you can mouse over to see rewards and occasionally those are relics. Farm dungeons; it's RNG but eventually the gods will smile. Crafted relics are 805 and the AH prices drop daily.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Are you doing any quests with Holy as loot spec or as Holy? Recently had a buddy say the same about his priest, but he realized he was doing everything as shadow.
    So is the loot from world quests determined by loot spec or by what spec you do them in? Because I'm getting only ret stuff (esp. trinkets) while my loot spec is set as holy (but I do the world quests as ret). I seem to be missing something here...
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    So is the loot from world quests determined by loot spec or by what spec you do them in? Because I'm getting only ret stuff (esp. trinkets) while my loot spec is set as holy (but I do the world quests as ret). I seem to be missing something here...
    Not too sure on that, but all primary stats will switch based on what spec you are. Don't know about the trinkets, though.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You can get relics drops in instances and on world quests for offspecs that arent set as your loot specialization
    This is good to know! I swapped to Ret for a few bosses because my fire relic is such hot garbage.