Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What classes have you abandoned/Brought back from the dead

As the title states, what classes have you abandoned as a result of the changes made in the expansion and which classes have have new life breathed into them.

For me:

Abandoned
    Hunter - Feels boring with the lack of buttons and everything instant.
    Warlock - All specs feel clunky and destro feels super boring with only 3 useful buttons
    Paladin - Traditionally ret/Prot and I find both really lackluster even if prot is plain boring and Ret has 0 mobility. I may level as a healer honestly

New life:
    Druid - Pretty much every spec is fun to me in some way, can't decide if I want to do moon/heals or Feral/bear

Pretty much all of the rest of the classes haven't changed in my mind. Rogues, Monks and warriors are still amazing.

Druid definately. I actually love boomkin atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Abandoned my Hunter that I've mained since 2006

Brought back my Shaman from the dead who I've never mained but always kept at max level, having a blast with Enhance/Resto

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Abandoned my Hunter that I've mained since 2006

Brought back my Shaman from the dead who I've never mained but always kept at max level, having a blast with Enhance/Resto
    Enhance resto is an interesting combo. I personally have not abandoned my Shaman but damn Enhance got a lot less fun without the attack speed buff, healing wolves, shamanistic rage, and shocks. At least for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goron24 View Post
    Enhance resto is an interesting combo. I personally have not abandoned my Shaman but damn Enhance got a lot less fun without the attack speed buff, healing wolves, shamanistic rage, and shocks. At least for me.
    Trinkets are the only thing that I need two sets of, pretty easy now. Putting my AP into Resto but got Doom Wolves for questing/other world stuff.

I'm having plenty of fun with Enhance...but I didn't play it previously so maybe I'm able to look past the changes a little more than you
    Last edited by Regalbeast; 2016-09-07 at 07:11 PM.

I abandoned my DK after maining him since Wrath, it's honestly really surreal as dumb as it sounds.

I love my new monk though, I started leveling him with my girlfriend while she rolled a new character and I just started power leveling him all the way and fell in love with WW. Maybe one day my DK will return, but I don't like unholy and frost is pretty bad right now.

I played a rogue in Vanilla, and then from BC up to Legion I played a holy Paladin. Now I'm maining a UHDK. A long strange ride, indeed.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury View Post
    Druid definately. I actually love boomkin atm
    Stole my reply. After spending months following alpha and trying in the pre-patch, I had zero intent to play my Druid in Legion. But to give everything a final shot and evaluate hands-on post-artifact, I tried Balance. Haven't looked back, feels great to play. Capable, flashy, smooth.

In the wake of my Druid's unexpected return to glory I've shelved my Warlock and S.Priest.
    - Destro doesn't captivate me, flat out. I didn't enjoy in WoD and don't now either.
    - Affliction has a lot of mechanical shortcomings that make it unappealing for a lot of content outside of raids.
    - Demonology is fun on paper but clunky in practice.
    - Shadow is fun and capable, but lacks the polish of the Balance Druid. The insanity mini-game lost its novelty quickly for me - wish it was a longer cycle instead of hopping in and out non-stop.

I have abandoned all of my classes (Priest-Classic to Wrath of the Lich King, Death Knight-Wrath of the Lich King to Mists of Pandaria, Warrior-Catacylsm to Warlords of Draenor, and Monk-Warlords of Draenor) for the Demon Hunter. I have not regretted that decision thus far.

I had to say goodbye to my rogue. The pirate spec is everything I hate, thematically and gameplay-wise. I'm not a big fan of what they did to assassination, specifically adding cooldowns to their rotation which might not be a big deal for most but I absolutely loved the fact that I did not have to keep track of a bunch of cooldowns rotationally and I could instead fully focus on the fight, dots and my energy bar. I do really like the subtlety thematic overhaul, but gameplay-wise it's too busy and I just don't want to invest in it.

I would still have mained subtlety in Legion though if it were not for the gigantic out of combat mobility nerf. I just couldn't go from flying around a BG looking for victims to crawling around while the shaman over there is running faster than me in ghost wolf form.

So yeah, RIP my rogue.

Mained a Mage for most of last expansion, dislike the direction they took Fire so I've abandoned it to main my Shadow Priest. I might pick it back up at some point in this expansion but I'm not a huge fan of the current playstyle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Abandoned warrior and priest.

Warrior because their class hall makes no sense and Legion made me hate Vrykul.
    Priest because I'm not a fan of shadow and can't heal. Pity Disc isn't viable as a DPS spec.

Might give new life to feral druid. They're still a fake rogue in my eyes, but I like their new secret form.

Oh and destro warlock. Really love their artifact questline and the artifact itself. Mostly abandoned lock after MoP butchered demo, then completely abandoned due to the frustrating green fire questline and removal/mass nerf of Kil'jaeden's cunning.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2016-09-07 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I've retired my Affliction Lock. They've just messed the spec up too much.... actually, all the specs. Last I read, a Blue had said they were reading through all the complaints made in 3 major threads, so I'm hoping something is done.
    Makes me wonder why Legion went live like this. Don't get me wrong the expansion itself is great, but this level of ability pruning and class changes is unecessary. As much as I love my rogue the chances to assass and sub are just strange, also leaving Assass without gouge or blind is really odd to me. My shaman has 1/3 of the defensive CDs it used to. Various classes have had baseline abilities become talents for no reason (IE haunt, soul harvest, Chimera shot), Things like making assass more about bleed than poisons, etc. it makes no sense
    Last edited by Goron24; 2016-09-07 at 07:27 PM.

mained:
    mc/bwl - disc priest
    aq/naxx - fury warrior
    tbc - affliction/destruction warlock
    wotlk - prot paladin
    cata - prot paladin
    mop - blood death knight
    warlords - blood death knight
    legion - vengeance demon hunter

i level all classes to cap regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I've retired my Affliction Lock. They've just messed the spec up too much.... actually, all the specs. Last I read, a Blue had said they were reading through all the complaints made in 3 major threads, so I'm hoping something is done.
    Affliction is the best it's ever been outside of Compunding Horror. Yeah it does subpar damage, but it feels very fluid.

I've really only mained paladin with Hunter as my alt. I'm still maining paladin (holy) but I abandoned Hunter as my alt, it's really boring imo. I don't think I'll ever really abandon my paladin, love the class too much. Plus I always really enjoy holy, it's never not been fun for me aside from WoD but I still mained it.

So in short:

Paladin main: 2008-until I stop playing
    Hunter alt 2008-2016
    New alt: Druid. 2016-?
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-09-07 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goron24 View Post
    As the title states, what classes have you abandoned as a result of the changes made in the expansion and which classes have have new life breathed into them.

For me:

Abandoned
    Hunter - Feels boring with the lack of buttons and everything instant.
    Warlock - All specs feel clunky and destro feels super boring with only 3 useful buttons
    Paladin - Traditionally ret/Prot and I find both really lackluster even if prot is plain boring and Ret has 0 mobility. I may level as a healer honestly

New life:
    Druid - Pretty much every spec is fun to me in some way, can't decide if I want to do moon/heals or Feral/bear

Pretty much all of the rest of the classes haven't changed in my mind. Rogues, Monks and warriors are still amazing.
    Abandoned:

Hunter - complete clusterfuck that hasn't actually been a good class since Wrath
    Warlock - meh. Being a summon stone bitch gets old, and this class never managed to keep my interest long term.
    Priest - WoD ruined this class for me, never bothered with it again really
    Druid - I like the idea of a druid, but never found it all that fun for some reason. I was hoping to like balance more, but alas.
    DK - same general boat as druid. I liked frost well enough, the new version felt kind of silly, so it was easy to drop this one. Never enjoyed blood spec.
    Paladin - abandoned since MoP.

Never had a single ounce of interest in:

Monk
    Rogue
    Mage
    Gimmickhunters

Kept:

Shaman: ele is a complete joke, but enhancement is fun if not a bit on the shallow side in terms of gameplay. We'll see how long I stay entertained.
    Warrior: fury isn't all that bad, but is even less interesting than enhancement. Kept on as a potential alt.

TLDR: If the shaman class didn't exist, I'd probably still be unsubbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Abandoned:

Hunter - complete clusterfuck that hasn't actually been a good class since Wrath
    Warlock - meh. Being a summon stone bitch gets old, and this class never managed to keep my interest long term.
    Priest - WoD ruined this class for me, never bothered with it again really
    Druid - I like the idea of a druid, but never found it all that fun for some reason. I was hoping to like balance more, but alas.
    DK - same general boat as druid. I liked frost well enough, the new version felt kind of silly, so it was easy to drop this one. Never enjoyed blood spec.
    Paladin - abandoned since MoP.

Never had a single ounce of interest in:

Monk
    Rogue
    Mage
    Gimmickhunters

Kept:

Shaman: ele is a complete joke, but enhancement is fun if not a bit on the shallow side in terms of gameplay. We'll see how long I stay entertained.
    Warrior: fury isn't all that bad, but is even less interesting than enhancement. Kept on as a potential alt.

TLDR: If the shaman class didn't exist, I'd probably still be unsubbed.
    my TL;DR: you almost hate the entire game and you are probably a fun person at parties

10+ Year Old Account
    i feel like outlaw rogue has breathed fresh life into the class. very fun playstyle.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    my TL;DR: you almost hate the entire game and you are probably a fun person at parties
    I'm just particular