Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Withered Scenario for Locks Tip Sharing

Hey everyone.

So I figured we might as well try to get a tip sharing thing going on.

Anyone know any good tips?

I was mostly curious, as I was too stupid to try it myself, if you can fear the arcane dudes that spam AoE?

Deleted
    You can. I often just spam fear those fuckers and let my crackheads whittle them down. If you screw up a pull and an elemental adds in, you can banish it, finish the rest then kill the elemental. Also, Aff absolutely annihilates the small trash (those spiders, small and medium), so I just pull the whole room and blow them up.

Not sure about Dro? The one that does the blade dance aoe thing. Took me by surprise last time, can that one be feared when he starts his thing? Can he be Mortal Coil'd?
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2016-09-07 at 08:38 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah Dro messed me up something nasty.

Nice to hear you can fear the elementals. As they were causing me MASSIVE problem due to Shadowfury being our only interrupt (or so I thought)

Deleted
    Generally been using supremacy infernal, guy has some insane dodge, doing it as affliction aswell at 844ilvl.

Can fear nearly every single mob in there, including Dro.

Deleted
    As mentioned, fear and AoE stun is great for this place. Proper planning is equally (Or more) important. Make sure you go in with the max number of withered you can, and try to save bosses + chests for later, while grabbing all the stray withered you can as you clear the place.

Deleted
    Just get the 2k mana cap to take maximum withered in and you should be able to clear the place fine.

Think I had 31 withered after dealing with Dro, was just a matter of finding enough chests at that point, though there was thankfully a portal back to the start once you reach the end.

Even as affliction I was able to out-dps the arcane guys without needing to fear bomb them.

spec out of affliction before you pull anything in the room with the eggs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    all them ghosts. Gotta love dropping to 10 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Exephia View Post
    my game straight up crashed, but after i logged in half of the room was clear

Quote Originally Posted by Exephia View Post
    https://streamable.com/veiu

I think you mean "server crash".

The way I do the scenario is the following:
    - 2k mana
    - Doomguard for the interrupt
    - Mortal Coil

I use doomguard in order to interrupt the abberations so I can keep my things healthy and Mortal Coil as an extra ability in case it doesn't die fast enough.
    As for Leystalker Dro I find her rather easy. I simply pull her and pop both my defensive cooldowns (Unending resolve and Dark Pact) that way I can get her down to roughly 30% before my shield is over. At this point I will tank her for a little longer while spamming drain life untill I reach roughly 50% hp, then I will use mortal coil and for the last 10% I will simply spam fear her.
    I mostly keep my withered on follow the entire time but as soon as Dro comes I instantly put them on mayhem.

Another tip although I thought about it after I did my last run would be using the buffs you aquire from the ritual of doom. Currently I have a 25% haste and 25% pet damage sitting in my bags. I also have a bloodlust drums sitting there which I will use next time I see Dro.

This will basically give you 50% extra haste while fighting her and Drain Life should be able to keep you alive with no issues.

Deleted
    But Doomguard can't interrupt them...?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Just get the 2k mana cap to take maximum withered in and you should be able to clear the place fine.

Think I had 31 withered after dealing with Dro, was just a matter of finding enough chests at that point, though there was thankfully a portal back to the start once you reach the end.

Even as affliction I was able to out-dps the arcane guys without needing to fear bomb them.
    What do you mean "out-dps"?

Before they managed to get any spells off?

Because even as Destro they end up getting off like 2 or 3 of their aoe attacks.

I'll pull the elemental with my pocket tank and then make the tank walk away from me and my withered. I crush it and it can't use it's aoe on me. I made it to the first huge chest without losing a single withered with this method of using the pocket tank to pull mobs and move them to some place away from me but in range for withered to hit with rocks. I only lost withered when I had to send 10 to tank the big chest back to the top.
    Send in your pocket tank first, monster moves in towards you, meets tank in between, I move pocket tank away and what ever I am fighting gets crushed.

As a warlock you have everything at your disposal to literally walk through this place,

you can fear all the mini bosses including dro, non stop, with your army on frenzy and let the withered do all the work.

you can chain spam banish on the elementals and it will interupt the cast perfectly while your army dps on frenzy.

the rest of the instance just toggle frenzy on each pack of mobs, use either infernal or felguard if your demo to get tank aggro on the mobs. your dps isnt important, the withered do all the work
    Miik (Nazgul) KhazGoroth Horde, Oceanic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob29 View Post
    What do you mean "out-dps"?

Before they managed to get any spells off?

Because even as Destro they end up getting off like 2 or 3 of their aoe attacks.
    They cast their crappy filler that, if you're using a voidwalker, doesn't really do much to the withered.
    They die during the explosion cast, which is the nasty one.

Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    If you do one pile at a time my FPS survives and they're great for buff stacks / healing.

Great tips. Thanks, folks !
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Terrible VOD of me doing it as Demo (2k Mana spent): https://www.twitch.tv/notsgot/v/87782679
    Is it just me or your vid keeps "freezing"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob29 View Post
    Hey everyone.

So I figured we might as well try to get a tip sharing thing going on.

Anyone know any good tips?

I was mostly curious, as I was too stupid to try it myself, if you can fear the arcane dudes that spam AoE?
    Is the stun from Calydus working for them ?
    Keep forgetting to try that out :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Is it just me or your vid keeps "freezing"?
    same here, just go to the cog wheel and turn off the html5 beta and it works fine