Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

The true about legendary system

Hi all,

I do not where to start but recently I am more and more frustrated from legendary system. At first I was very excited about legendary system and I was really looking forward and I really did not understand the negative feedback about legendary system from others players. I was not angry when some people got 4 legendaries at start of Legion because of bug I was not angry that a lot of guildies got their BiS legendary while I got neck and chest. Because Blizzard stated before start of expension than in 3 months after launch all players who are playing often will have their BiS legendary.

So I was waiting and waiting. At the moment I got 4 legendaries of 10 and all 4 legendary are utility one after 4 months. It means that I got one legendary per month (on average 4 hours per day). So In the worst scenario I can get my BiS legendary during summer (9 months after launch).

There comes the frustration. The legendary system destroyed the competition and fun I had during the raids in the past . Really I loved the competition and thinking How to improve my skill to be better and to have better logs and parses and now without legendaries it is impossible. Our guild is semi-hardcore guild we have cuting edge achievment and I really like the theme and the direction of the game but legendary system destroyed the competition and fun within the guild.

My fellow mages got their BiS legendary and they are having fun but for ppl without BiS legendary it is really impossible to compete and obviously it is not fun and this people are getting more and more frustrated. For example when the mage get the dragon breathe helm in NH it is just brutal increase of dps because almost every boss has adds. Belt and bracers are awesome for ST and they increase your dmg together by 20 % and so on. Each pull I am exhausted I am thinking ahead when use trinkets, swap talents for each boss, watching timers, planning ahead and so on and at the end with the same item level I am behind even if I play better than them because I have only utility one legendary. During Emerald nightmare it was not so big problem because there were more ppl without BiS these days but now more ppl got their BiS one while we unlucky people are getting more and more behind in parses, logs and so on. Some ppl even can swap their BiS legendary for each boss. Boss has adds Ok I equip dragon helm and trinket ok there is not adds only ST ok I will equip belt and bracer. For unlucky people as me this is not fun and I really do not know how to survive and what to do till I got my dps legendary too.

I am interested how many people have the same frustration as I do and what are their thoughts about this and maybe some recommendations. I know that people with good legendary items will not agree with me and I understand that they have zero frustration but I think that generally it is bad design.

I really like the game.

Thank you for your opinions.

Have a nice day.

S.

Hardly anyone likes it but it's an RNG system that we have to deal with

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree that its a bad design, however, WoW has always had a lot of RNG to it.

But that doesnt mean it cant change. I hope that in the next expansion pack, we will go back to some sort of Wotlk/Cata styled legendary, where one group of classes can achieve a legendary. They will beat you on the dmg meters, but atleast thats knowing you cant do anything about it.

Deleted
    Oho... a new legendairy-whine thread.

Hello darkness, my old friend...

Deleted
    I kinda like it. Though dont like hard or softcaps forcing you to reroll. And they are still in. Maybe not the caps, but the first legendarys boosts etc. Also know almost noone with 5 or more legendaries, and a ton with 3-4

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hello daily legendary QQ thread.
    In fairness, it is still a problem every day lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    In fairness, it is still a problem every day lol.
    Yeah, but there's a legendary megathread so the forum doesn't get spammed with pointless threads

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewtheimmortal View Post
    I kinda like it. Though dont like hard or softcaps forcing you to reroll. And they are still in. Maybe not the caps, but the first legendarys boosts etc. Also know almost noone with 5 or more legendaries, and a ton with 3-4
    I sadly have 5 legendaries, but still missing the boots/gloves as an MM hunter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SenseiLeeR View Post
    WoW has always had a lot of RNG to it.
    Not that much.

Back in the days, you "only" needed to get the right drops, and win the loot roll.

This was true up until BC. Then they introduced badges. Now you could farm badges at a fixed rate and buy some pieces, removing RNG alltogether from certain slots and allowing you to target upgrades. That is the system that was in place for the majority of WoWs life.

back in BC they also added sockets. An item with three sockets allowed you to customize it. Even if it did not have your best stat, you could still socket your best stat, making it worthwhile.

Then, with Wrath, they added reforging. Again, this reduced the RNG-dependency of gear. You could again make inferior gear usable. Items with hgher item levels, but "wrong" stats could still be an upgrade.

Then they introduces upgrading gear with valor points. Again, upgrades were targetable.

So, during vanilla, Bc and Wrath, gear had two layer of rng (dropping and rolling for it), and had three systems to combat RNG - sockets, reforging and badges.

Then, in mid-MoP, suddenly a change came. Coincidentally, that is when D3 came out, too. They introduced "Thunderforging", which I still think is a stupid idea. When you got a thunderforged weapon which was 6 ilvl higher, it was a massive DPS boost.

And from there on, the system got worse and worse, and more RNG dependent. SoO continued the thunderforged system, but now it was called "warforged". Thats where the current name comes from.

Later they introduces tertiary stats. Tertiary stats means you need to be even more lucky to get a really good item and you can#t even target them. back in the days you knew where whichpiece of loot dropped and could farm that encounter until you got what you wanted, with tertiary stats some items are better just because they have some random better stat, and you can not target them at all.

They introduced the current WF/TF systems, removed reforging and sockets and badges.

So while we now have more gear then ever, especially due to Mythic+ dungeons, a vast majority of the gear is simply unusable. Hell, it doesn't even feel exciting anymore. Nowadays you are just relieved if something usable drops, but most often you are frustrated because the items with socket and tertiary stat is better then your other item without those, but 15 ilvl more.

They removed all systems that combat bad RNG, and introduced more RNG factors to gear drops. Thats not fun, its frustrating. They should go back to thunderforging, where you could only gain 15ilvl, and give us back 2-3 sockets guaranteed on the items. Reforging would be the icing on the cake, but I'd settle for sockets and less RNG on gear.

Add to that the completely un-targetable legendaries, which also lock you into a certain specc. I would *love* to get my hands on 1 or two forst Dk legendaries, but I have not yet gotten a very strong blood legendary, so I need to keep my loot spec to blood and gimp my frost spec. It would actually be more sensible to play a second Dk for frost - and that means the system is stupidly broken.

Another shit thread, go away OP.

The only real problem witht he legendary system is that there are legendaries that increase performance. they all should have just been utility legendaries that effect none damaging abilties.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    Hardly anyone likes it but it's an RNG system that we have to deal with
    I love it. I love the thunder/war/titan forged upgrade system. Every time I play on any character I have a chance at 1) an upgrade and 2) a legendary. For me that brings excitement.

Deleted
    Except that its not a competition.

The point of the game is to gather a bunch of friends and go slay dragons and overcome obstacles. Its a game world inspired by Tolkien and his stories.

The competitive part comes from typically autistic "gamerz" who lack any success in the real world and have channeled all their effort into this virtual one. One-upping each other is their way to gain gratification. Legendaries are a thorn in the eye of these people, it cant really be farmed, it cant be manipulated with it. Their sheer existance is a cryptonite to them.

..Its just suppose to be a fun unique item that you get. Not a ticket to epeen victory

Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    *snip*
    You still needed the item to drop. With badges there were still plenty of Items slots that were not covered. Resist gear was a RNG nightmare. Legendary drops and mats to make legendaries were a total RNG mess. There had always been a lot of RNG involved. Yeah it may not be a 910 titanforged BiS but it's still an upgrade. Take it and enjoy it.

For you offspec problems, just swap to it for caches, world bosses, and raid bosses you do not need anything on your main spec for. You can try to maximize your offspec while not gimping your main spec at all.

Nearly everyone in my guild has at least 1, most have 2, but one person has 6 - anyways... Is this where I cry about it, or do I make my own thread about how unfair and stupid the system is?

Anyways p2 - remove RNG and you remove the excitement and desire to play.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

I'll never understand how people choose to be in a guild that will reward players for winning RNG loot, then get pissy with Blizz because their guild isn't rewarding them in spite of the fact they haven't been winning RNG loot.

You knew what you signed up for. It isn't Blizz's fault. It isn't your guild's fault. It's your fault OP. You chose to play in that environment.

Blizzard has forever told people they design endgame around bringing the player, not the class/race/whatever other variable people want to add.

You are literally crying because you haven't been lucky.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post

The point of the game is to gather a bunch of friends and go slay dragons and overcome obstacles. Its a game world inspired by Tolkien and his stories.

The competitive part comes from typically autistic "gamerz" who lack any success in the real world and have channeled all their effort into this virtual one. One-upping each other is their way to gain gratification. Legendaries are a thorn in the eye of these people, it cant really be farmed, it cant be manipulated with it. Their sheer existance is a cryptonite to them.

..Its just suppose to be a fun unique item that you get. Not a ticket to epeen victory
    Did you get kicked from a pug for being trash?
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I'll never understand how people choose to be in a guild that will reward players for winning RNG loot, then get pissy with Blizz because their guild isn't rewarding them in spite of the fact they haven't been winning RNG loot.

You knew what you signed up for. It isn't Blizz's fault. It isn't your guild's fault. It's your fault OP. You chose to play in that environment.

Blizzard has forever told people they design endgame around bringing the player, not the class/race/whatever other variable people want to add.

You are literally crying because you haven't been lucky.
    People just forget games are about having fun, if you're not having fun you shouldn't be playing.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    People just forget games are about having fun, if you're not having fun you shouldn't be playing.
    A-fucking-men.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post

Well competition is human nature. We can choose when and when not to be competitive though. I don't care about topping meters, I only care if we have enough output to down a boss before enrage. Some fights I do well on others I do not. I don't care as long as we progress. Example, I was having an issue with FR and VR during Gul'dan and his tethers. Instinctually, I would FR when knocked away to get back in. But of course, I would get tethered in mid rush or retreat and die. So I swapped out some talents, and removed them from my bars did shit for damage but we killed him. I didn't let it bother me that I was barely above the tanks in DPS. I was freaking happy that we cleared Heroic NH on day two of raiding for the week.