Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Legion Thoughts?

The honeymoon stage of Legion is beginning to wear off and now that everything isn't so "new" anymore are you still enjoying the expansion? Post your favorite and least favorite things about Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    im still enjoying it quite a bit, my least favorite part is the reliance on (even more so than in previous expansions) RNG for titanforged gear. and even though it's my least favorite aspect right now, i really don't mind it that much. it's admittedly kind of fun to proc a piece that's obscenely powerful

my favorite thing (and the most dangerous to my life) is the fact that there's so much to do, i feel like i've put more time in than during any other "launch period" and i still feel slightly behind, and thats an odd feeling

once the expansion gets to the point where i can log in for raid nights and maaaaaybe a few hours here and there when im bored, itll be more manageable
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Deleted
    the biggest pro: a lot (might say too much) to do
    the biggest con: layers of RNG over layers of RNG

I'm doing the same thing I do every time. Raid a bit, get sick of playing with terrible players. Level a new character pvp a ton. Now leveling another character to pvp on. A little tired of WQ but since I'm ona PVP server it's fun and they don't take too long.

Like many, I typically enjoy new content. The honeymoon for me, however, was short lived once you get to max level and see how gated things are behind ridiculous amounts of quests, lore, and reputation grinds. This expansion isn't over so I'm trying to be optimistic about 7.1 and the future of this expansion. I wouldn't say it's "fucking terrible" right now, but it's definitely got me considering quitting if things don't get a little more geared towards alts and casuals in 7.1.

There is not such thing as "too much to do".

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    it's definitely got me considering quitting if things don't get a little more geared towards alts and casuals in 7.1.
    Unsubb now, please.

I think it's really the best expansion so far honestly. I'm personally just not able to play as much as I used to when I was younger.

My only gripe with the game at this point is once I hit ~840, the sense of reasonable character progression proportion to time investment doesn't seem worth it anymore. A lot of the stuff I'm after, like getting my artifact hidden skin drop or a legendary item, is totally RNG so it doesn't really motivate me to play. I feel like I'm a rat in a skinner box trying to basically pull the lever every day by grinding out a WQ box or killing the DH class hall boss for my vengeance skin. I'm just not up for that.

However I'll definitely remain engaged with the game until I've finished every class's campaign. Really great content. After that though, I'll probably take a break.

The biggest flaw with legion is nothing you do amounts to anything. The have lengthened the carrot on the stick.
    WoDs problem was that there was nothing to do. Legion has too much to do but IT IS ALL RANDOM. There becomes a point where the only way you can progress on anything is to hope for that random proc. Want better gear? Better hope you get a war/thunder/titanforged proc. Want to improve your profession? Better hope that you proc the quest while crafting.

Lets not forget the artifacts. The whole system is designed to be grindy. And if you are behind you will NEVER do as much dps or healing as someone with more atrifact traits.

Overall Legion is way to much RNG to be considered good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drarakaun View Post
    Unsubb now, please.
    Terribly productive. Can't think of any response other than flaming no?

I'm immune to "honeymoon" and "new and shiny" "phases". Still think it's probably the most potent expansion so far.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoying it a lot.

Biggest pro: RnG. I like that you actually have to do stuff many times, in order to get the best stuff. WoW had begun to go down a dark path of serving "I want it NOW" customers.
    Biggest con: I think quests favors tanks too much. I got a clothie and a plate wearer char, and its ridiculous how easy it is to quest on my tank.

Quote Originally Posted by pagepro View Post
    The biggest flaw with legion is nothing you do amounts to anything. The have lengthened the carrot on the stick.
    WoDs problem was that there was nothing to do. Legion has too much to do but IT IS ALL RANDOM. There becomes a point where the only way you can progress on anything is to hope for that random proc. Want better gear? Better hope you get a war/thunder/titanforged proc. Want to improve your profession? Better hope that you proc the quest while crafting.

Lets not forget the artifacts. The whole system is designed to be grindy. And if you are behind you will NEVER do as much dps or healing as someone with more atrifact traits.

Overall Legion is way to much RNG to be considered good.
    Good points here. I assumed (and maybe wrongfully) that blizzard wanted the philosophy of "being the player and not the class" by what they said in blue posts. This expansion is 180 from that however. There is so much you NEED to do on your main only to get to what? It feels somewhat hollow after ages of world quests and story lines. Like I said earlier, I've read decent things about 7.1 so I'll fully reserve my opinion until that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never had such love-hate relationship with WoW before. Please keep in my mind I am talking more from PvP point of view.

Classes
    Well, I play only Monk and Warlock. Back in late MoP which I bought mainly because of the Christmas sale I rolled Monk and I absolutely loved the unique and active healing play-style, here comes Legion and revamps it into another boring generic Healer. Oh, and Brewmaster is complete crap, even though I don't care about Windwalker, it is actually good.

Do I need to say something about Warlocks? Well, beside class fantasy of not being able to out-heal Protection Warrior in instanced PvP as f*cking Affliction?

PvE
    Trash is hell, bosses are boring. I never felt so powerless as Healer before, it feels like I either heal my ass off during trash or group just wipes when they are not following mechanics, if they do, I mash my 3 button DPS rotation and occasionally heal something.

Dunno about raids, could not even bother trying it out.

PvP
    Absolute crap. Melees pressing 2-3 buttons to burst half of your health, while pretty much all casters need 30 seconds of hard-casting to set up a burst. I almost forgot to mention all those stuns on every class nowadays, so much fun.

Story
    First time I had hard time going through quests, I just couldn't connect with anything. I thought this expansion was about Legion invading our world, am I blind or I only see few places with Demons? Honestly it felt like Legion was no threat the entire leveling, the only proper villain was Xavius. Or those two Goblins in Stormheim. I honestly feel previous expansions did way better job at presenting danger of opposing force.

By the way, how did nobody say a thing about all those elves. Illidari - elves, Dreamsomething - elves, Court of Farondis - elven spirits and Nightfallen - purple blood elves. I never felt like I would rather raze the entire city of Suramar to the ground than help those arrogant elves.

Content
    I know I might sound negative, but I am happy I have always something to do. However, I just don't have fun playing the game. I like having World Quests, you can actually do something meaningful while in queue waiting. I like having to collect Artifact Power. I just think locking you into one specialization is horrible since WoW has a tradition of class imbalance. And when you think about it, Artifact Weapons are just glorified old-school talent trees. :P

Don't know what will you make out of my rant, but that's how I feel about the game.

Still having a blast! I quit after WOTLK and came back late into WoD (couple months before Legion came out). What kept me busy during TBC/WoTLK was primarily raiding. I had all the time in the world back then, so it wasn't any problem being part of a "serious" raiding guild. Nowadays I'm more of a casual player because I have less time to play, and Legion seems to be the expansion that keeps me playing without feeling that I must log on everyday or I fall behind.

-Voice acting. I just like how it increases immersion and makes the WoW experience so alive.
    -Combat Ally. I like how my champions are actually useful while out in the open world. Too bad we couldn't take them along with us to Azeroth. I would love to have showed them around
    -World quests. Easy way of gearing up for Heroics, Mythic, and beyond. Sure after some time WQs get repetitive, but I like them more than the old daily quest farming days. I like how it sends us all over, so we get to experience different scenic zones every now and then.
    -Artifact System. I like working towards something because it keeps me playing. Farming AP to unlock more traits and become more powerful? Sure!
    -Group Finder. Hah, why do I feel like I'm the only one who likes this? Anyway, I like how easy it is to find all sorts of groups, from drowned mana fishing to running legacy Xmog raids to farming hidden artifact skins.

Dislikes:
    -Too much RNG. I'd rather "work" towards something than "hope" for something. A little RNG is okay, but if you're one of the unlucky ones and because of your bad luck your DPS starts suffering, then that's not fun.

There is more RNG in Legion than Vegas.

A trip to Vegas is looking a lot more cost effective and fun than Legion at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drarakaun View Post
    Unsubb now, please.
    Why do you have to hate on how others enjoy the game? Is it really affecting your enjoyment of the game, or hinder it in some way?

It's still an ok expantion but the RNG is really starting to get annoying.
    The legendary system is the most annoying part but also just the war/titanforge system is... boring as heck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Enjoying it a lot.

Biggest pro: RnG. I like that you actually have to do stuff many times, in order to get the best stuff. WoW had begun to go down a dark path of serving "I want it NOW" customers.
    Biggest con: I think quests favors tanks too much. I got a clothie and a plate wearer char, and its ridiculous how easy it is to quest on my tank.
    But you know what? I'd rather get no items then crap items. I got a 880 ilvl ring in my chest this morning. I sold it 10 sec later despite the fact that I have a 850 on me. Thats not fun, thats just bad design.

You no longer get rewarded for playing well. It's more like a slot machine than a game.

I still rate WoD over this expantion till the RNG is fixed.

They borrowed D3'S random stats and drops system and, IMHO, it is backfiring tremendously. It doesn't work in an MMO, and people are getting tired of it.

If I kill the same World Boss you do, if I put the same amount of effort you do doing instances and World Quests and whatnot, I should get a reward too, not a "better luck next time sucker".

Could you imagine this system in the real world? "This week, Lady Luck has decided that Tom and Vanessa are getting paid, tough luck for the rest of you losers, maybe next week!"

When you put in effort and get no reward just because of a random number generator, it freaking sucks.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Anyone else think outdoor world mobs are too easy? As a guardian druid (822) my only problem is that I cant pull enough mobs before they start running (evading). Sure I'm a tank class but even with a million mobs on me I rarely go below 70-80%. Rare mob's special attacks tickle my health bar. I can barely see it move..