Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey I still don't have an interrupt! I wish this was something they could've caught in beta but I can see how they wouldn't because apparently no one on the design team plays this game.

I'm guessing this was the confirmation they needed that they indeed completely fucked up warlocks (not like they didn't know that, I mean, this was said WAY back in alpha and beta that they royally fucked up.)

Oh well. This will dismissed and handwaved by white knights and discordtards as everything is fine, and that we just don't know the secrets to playing warlocks. Happy times.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Hey I still don't have an interrupt! I wish this was something they could've caught in beta but I can see how they wouldn't because apparently no one on the design team plays this game.
    Not only that, but it just completely flew under the radar. Not a single warlock mentioned it until after release!

For Emerald Nightmare: best spec

I've mostly invested in Destro, but wondering what the consensus is on which spec gives us the highest numbers for Emerald Nightmare? ty

Looking here, Destro/Demo about the same?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#difficulty=3
    Last edited by discoslice; 2016-09-21 at 08:11 PM.

Deleted
    !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    Yep. Situation isn't looking good. I hope the alarm sirens in Blizzard HQ are currently ringing

But with only 2.8% representation of player base I heavily doubt that they worry much. Not enough money
    wow in ST pure first warlock at rank 509 !!!
    2nd set of logs lock came in at rank 20
    3rd set of logs lock came in at rank 294

nothing wrong with locks we are fine

Quote Originally Posted by killeer View Post
    !!

wow in ST pure first warlock at rank 509 !!!
    2nd set of logs lock came in at rank 20
    3rd set of logs lock came in at rank 294

nothing wrong with locks we are fine
    Yeah, barring dragons (which we are still almost 100k dps behind the top), I don't think there is a lock ranked above 200...

Deleted
    awfull dps
    no mobility
    no interrupt

lucky we have healing stones, teleport, and portal

It's a shame to be in a such state

Worst class balance we've seen since a decade

10+ Year Old Account
    I did reasonably well actually, definitely not "terrible". Not shattering records, but I do not think my team is going to bench me anytime soon.

I think an improvement is in order, yes. I ran with Destruction and I think a bit more throughput for main hitters would not hurt, as well as moving one AoE/Cleave talent to baseline or alternatively making Backdraft baseline again - don't think it will be so gamebreaking and it will be nice help with all the talent dancing that you HAVE to do now to do good.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-09-21 at 10:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    awfull dps
    no mobility
    no interrupt

lucky we have healing stones, teleport, and portal

It's a shame to be in a such state

Worst class balance we've seen since a decade
    portal was quite useful today in my raiding. Other than that all 4 warlocks in our raid tonight performed like crap. I was the only one who could top5 damagemeters. The other warlocks were in the bottom third together with the ilvl 825 people and elemental shaman.

And the worst thing. Other warlocks with ilvl 856+ and the single best item (Feretory of Souls) in the game which is aquired by pure luck come to forums and imply they are doing great and things are fine.

Shaking my fucking head. That's like a street artist who won the lottery saying that art is a save way to become a rich person.

Simply disgusting. Gonna post my full experience later on. There were also some good things ! I am not all negative. I am honest.

Deleted
    I did reasonably well actually, definitely not "terrible". Not shattering records, but I do not think my team is going to bench me anytime soon.
    real question is to analyse why you did well

i was top 3 ( on a 30 man raid) ( demono on ursoc and nythandra, affli on elrethe, destro on the others ) all the raid, but i clearly know it's because my guild mates are really bad, not because i'm good^^

Giving up on my main for the first time in 8 years.. This is truly saddening..

10+ Year Old Account
    You can be salty all you like, I merely state my experience. I was not the only guy with legendary in the raid and not the only one with top ilvl gear or optimal stats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Giving up on my main for the first time in 8 years.. This is truly saddening..
    sorry to hear that mate, but it is completely understandable. If someone is playing a pure dps class and all 3 specs are heavily flawed then the only option left is to reroll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    real question is to analyse why you did well

i was top 3 ( on a 30 man raid) ( demono on ursoc and nythandra, affli on elrethe, destro on the others ) all the raid, but i clearly know it's because my guild mates are really bad, not because i'm good^^
    Well, my guild mates are definitely not really bad and I am sure not the best player in the guild. You can leave your insinuations of various deficiencies in your environment, not everyone's guild consists of mouth breathers.

- - - Updated - - -

Just for those who want to pop up with more silly remarks, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that there are issues, but quite a bit can be bridged. So while this whole waiting for buffs phase lasts I suggest people get their shit together and do improve their gameplay to close the distance. It is quite doable to be doing decent job as is at least with Destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

I think an improvement is in order, yes. I ran with Destruction and I think a bit more throughput for main hitters would not hurt, as well as moving one AoE/Cleave talent to baseline or alternatively making Backdraft baseline again - don't think it will be so gamebreaking and it will be nice help with all the talent dancing that you HAVE to do now to do good.
    What is "reasonably well"? Top some fights, never bottom, reasonably well compared to other locks, compared to all DPS?

Deleted
    I was pretty apprehensive about raiding from all the stuff thrown around on the forums but I ended up having a solid raid. Was top 4 every fight and topped Ursoc and Nythendra. I'm definitely not saying we don't need some love, but it's not absolutely tragic either. I'm not in a top guild or anything but there are some solid players with a good amount of experience. My gear is decent, ilvl 846 but no legendary.

I'm looking forward to seeing some changes, really looking forward to the talent swap so I can justify taking demonic circle. Some of the running back and forth on certain fights was pretty annoying, running in and out of Il'gyanoth and switching platforms on Elerethe Renferal in particular were painful. But dark pact was a life saver.

Again, looking at overall logs I know locks aren't in the best place and need some love, but some people are exaggerating a lot on here.

Deleted
    My EN destro experience tonigh. 2 1/2 hour raid.

Pro :

- We are (still. Subject to change with the nerf next patch) really tanky. In terms of damage taken we are a great class. Most warlocks had least damage taken of the entire raid.
    - Portal was useful on a couple of fights
    - We could port other people that logged in late to the instance.

Cons :

- Mobility. As soon as a fight required moving the damage dropped heavily. On Ursoc I needed to run a lot and that killed my dps as destro
    - Damage. DH, Mage, Rogue and Hunter all took the top spots. Note we have neither feral nor arms in our raid.
    - The dragons were good for a wreak havoc build, but even then with 100% uptime on wreak havoc our warlocks didn't get close to the DH/Hunter/Shadow. One would've thought with basically doubling our dps we'd be able to have a fight where we really really shine. But nope.
    - ST fights. As soon as soul shards run out you spam sub incinerate. Incinerate doesn't do damage.
    - Healthstone. Raid forbid us to use them, because the standard potions you can craft are better.
    - AoE huge group of adds. Takes too long to set up Rain of Fire. When in the middle of a fight you have no soul shards left and getting 3 is a task that is quite impossible in a short time. You can save up 3 shards but then you deal less single target damage. You could also specc into a different talent, but then you deal less damage to the boss. Yeah that is a bummer.
    - Constant changing of talents. I have enough gold to buy the tomes, but it is soooooo annoying to change it 6-7 times in a couple of hours
    - Closing distance. When you need to put away a rot or something and run away from the raid. You lose so much damage. I use the engineering belt, but it is still such a long time where you are out of range and can't cast. Or you are moving and can't cast. Portal doesn't help here because you don't know where to place it before you need to do it on the fly in the run.

Other than that there were a lot of lags tonight and stupid tanks that didn't help. I am honest I didn't play my best WoW tonight. I died once and I could've avoided it, but topping meters, even with RNG in your favor and playing better than everyone else in your raid, is an impossible task if you are equally geared.

The only joy I had when I looked at logs and realized that I was doing great in terms of global rankings compared to other warlocks, but that is something that my guild mates don't see nor look at.

I honestly hope Blizzard does notice this and are aware of the fact that warlock is, to phrase it in a fashionly manner to not trigger the crybabies, underwhelming. I don't mind going affliction, destro or demonology as long as I can use my potential to be competitive. That was brings me most joy.

Did pretty well in normal EN. Was always in top 5 dps, top 1 on dragons (got feretory of souls after kill D, but this is not because warlocks good it's rather because pugs are generally bad (rogues 120k dps in 844 ilvl lol what?). Loking forward to next week and "balancing outliers". My guess: Blizzard will fail to deliever.

I don't understand. All of these comments and suggestions just suck. I'm almost always top DPS in dungeons

Drain soul needs to be baseline (Replace talent with ability that applies instant 10 stack of agony)

Siphon life needs to be baseline (Replace talent with Shadowflame - old ability that applies damage, slow, and DOT will impact fel hunter)

Soul Effigy needs to be baseline, updated to 100% dmg applied to target or just removed (Replace talent with Prolonged Unstable Affliction - This will make UA cast extend duration to a maximum of 60 seconds. This will allow us to take advantage of the 10% dmg talent in tier 2 and allow us to spend our resource)

Blizzard swapping the shield with port is a good change for PVP not so much PVE. I believe port should be baseline and replace in talent tree with shadow fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodneydoritn View Post
    I don't understand. All of these comments and suggestions just suck. I'm almost always top DPS in dungeons
    Enough said.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.