15+ Year Old Account

Help with space issues.

So when I built this pc(my first build) alongside the 1TB HDD I added a 128GB SSD for the operating system and for WoW and possibly any other game that I might get serious about playing. Being my first build, I wasn't aware at the time that apparently you could "split" the OS files to save space on the SSD so that the items that took advantage of being on an SSD were located there, and the items not were on the HDD. So here I am a few months shy of 4 years with this build, and I hop on and get an alert my SSD is nearly full. Now, along with not doing the initial split like I was talking about, quite a few small programs got installed on the SSD because I wasn't used to actually have two choices of storage locations.

So I'm here looking for opinions/instructions on what a good course of action would be. Is there some easy way to migrate the programs that I had installed on the SSD over to the HDD? Is it still possible to do that "split" I had read about? Or am I at a point where I need to I move everything important to a external and start over? If so, what would be the best course of action to take doing that? My internet speed is quite shitty, so redownloading large programs like games is quite a big undertaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, SSD's are so cheap now.. I'd recommend just picking up a 256gb, clone it over to that, and ebay the old drive.

The business of splitting programs and the OS and whatnot is more work than it's worth, and largely just a bandaid hassle.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    you can look into moving your windows user folder to another drive.
    might also be worth making sure things like google chrome arent secrelty hogging 10gb+ in caches and crap like that, you can use a program like wiztree to find out whats hogging space on your drive.
    running windows disk cleanup can also help, my old computer had a surprising amount of windows update leftover files hogging space after a couple of years.

but honestly, with games going upwards of 50gb these days, between windows and over partitioning your ssd, you are lucky to fit more then 1 game on 128gb.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-09-19 at 07:42 PM.