Deleted

Are some World Quests gated behind Quest/Story Progress?

Hello.

Simple question, are WQ's overall gated behind some kind of progress?

WQ's are supposed to be the same for everyone. Ofcourse profession WQ's are different depending on your professions, that's obvious.

But what about the basic non-profession or whatever related WQ's?

On my DH i have different ones, and more, than on my warrior. Wowhead's "WQ Tracker" site shows loads of WQ's that do not exist for either of my characters.. I know that the ingame WQ display is bugged, but i've checked manually and they were not there..

So what is the issue here? Is this connected to some quests that i have completed or not completed?

Deleted
    Yeah some world quests are gated behind quests completed. I've noticed that myself on my alt and main.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, some of the Suramar ones are gated behind the quests/story progression in the zone. But it's basically you need to do the quest version before you can do the WQ version (Wine making, dinosaur riding, etc). Not sure about other zones.
    I know sometimes the map is glitched and isnt showing all of them, perhaps that is your issue in the other zones.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Yes, some of the Suramar ones are gated behind the quests/story progression in the zone. But it's basically you need to do the quest version before you can do the WQ version (Wine making, dinosaur riding, etc). Not sure about other zones.
    I know sometimes the map is glitched and isnt showing all of them, perhaps that is your issue in the other zones.
    Yeah, i know about some of them simply not showing on the ingame map.. And they seem to be gated in other zones than Suramar aswell then...

Anyways, thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    its the same in most zones.

some are just auto unlocked but some are gated behind completing their quest version first.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

yeah i dont see the same stuff on my alt shaman, and its not limited to suramar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    its the same in most zones.

some are just auto unlocked but some are gated behind completing their quest version first.
    I never did the Highmountain Murloc quests, yet I get the Murloc vehicle section as a WQ at times. You're right about some - I don't think everything is gated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I never did the Highmountain Murloc quests, yet I get the Murloc vehicle section as a WQ at times. You're right about some - I don't think everything is gated.
    as i said there are some GENERIC ones that everyone gets, but some are gated behind doing the actual quests.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

It is true for Suramar.

Don't know about other zones.