Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Your argument was not solid it was based on comparing two different products/services at two different ends of the market.
    He says: Expansion X is good, because more people subscribed.
    I say: McDonalds is good, because more people eat it.

It's the same. You think Expansion X is the best based on other reasons the subscription numbers and therefor can't be compared to McDonalds, but that's not what he said. He bases his whole reason for Expansion X being better on those numbers. Well, then by the same reasoning, McDonalds is better then anything else, including a 4-star restaurant.

Let's give it a year before we start coming to those conclusions.

So far Legion has actually killed my desire to keep playing. I'm a big altoholic and I just can't face logging in to do all that shit on different characters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    WotLK is by far still the best, tbh I'm bored already with the same 5 tiny zones pfft.
    northrend is as big as broken isles.

Nice that you think that way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    I have to agree with Stravs.

Broken Isles could fit in Northrend 3 maybe even 4 times, it's tiny and once you've played 48 hours or so at level 110 you find there's not all that much to do. I've played Legion since alpha and as expansions go the first impressions of this are that it's one of the best, sadly i wears off very quickly so right now it's far from the best (or worst) expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    He says: Expansion X is good, because more people subscribed.
    I say: McDonalds is good, because more people eat it.

It's the same. You think Expansion X is the best based on other reasons the subscription numbers and therefor can't be compared to McDonalds, but that's not what he said. He bases his whole reason for Expansion X being better on those numbers. Well, then by the same reasoning, McDonalds is better then anything else, including a 4-star restaurant.
    It is not the same at all nor is that what I think. You are comparing two different things that occupy to two very different spaces in the market. A four star restaurant is completely different from McDonalds, one trades on exclusivity and very high quality whereas the other offers convenience and reasonable prices. ie McDonalds is cheap whilst a four star restaurant is very expensive, you can walk into a McDonalds and have your food within a few minutes whereas a four star restaurant will require you to book (sometimes months) ahead.

A better comparison, if you insist on using such a silly analogy, would be to compare McDonalds with Burger King.

McDonalds are successful because they are better than majority of their competitors operating in their segment of the market. If McDoanlds changed the ingredients of their Big Mac sauce and sales fell by a half over the course of a few years this would indicate that a large proportion their customers think that the new recipe is worse than the previous one, the existence of a four star restaurant would not change or invalidate their customers' opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    This I will just disagree with, I played WoD for all of 2-3 weeks before going "Wow...I haven't left my Garrison in days. This is really boring.". With Legion I'm out in a different zone each day, running dungeons, now running Mythic+ dungeons (I'm up to +5!) and soon raids, etc etc. It's been much more enjoyable than WoD for me. It helps that I actually care about what is going on too rather than "Alternate Dimension Timey Wimey Stuff".
    A friend and I hit 100 together and on that same night we found ourselves in Ashran with nothing else to do.. Legion is CLEARLY a step up from WoD, players who say WoD is better are the same naysayers who want Blizzard to fail.

Completely agree with you though man.

The negative aspects are making their way out of the woodwork as the hype dies down. A few things that really need to be fixed.

- zone scaling is ridiculously tedious. On my 734 priest from WoD raiding level 1-106 or so was a cakewalk, then it started balancing out, then I hit 110 and had to gear to 840 where I'm at now as a discipline priest because Shadow cannot pull a single mob without taking 50% of their health. When I'm shadow and get discovered in Suramar I just /afk and accept my fate because theres no surviving. Then on my 100 boosted shaman I got with the pre-order I could barely survive questing in Highmountain because my lightning bolt hits for about 4% of a mobs HP with a 2 second cast time... Bloody ridiculous.

- world quests are fun and I like getting out in the world, but the RNG loot piñata is really getting to me. My guildies are getting 850 titanforged gear from killing 10 bears and I still can't get a shadow artifact relic above iLvL 800 for my shadow spec, let alone 2.

- voice acting is just... What went wrong, Blizzard? It's 2016, I hear better voice acting in indie games. You're a billion dollar company, you honesty need Jim Cummings to voice 3 different characters using the same voice? Havi and Ru'nas both sound exactly like Cho, it's almost irritating. At least Cummings is a good VA, can't be said about them all unfortunately.

- campaign quests will hopefully move forward in later patches as planned. As it stands they were my most hyped feature of Legion and quickly became the most disappointing. I thought these would be epic quest chains, but just ended up being really boring and convenient beyond suspension of disbelief. Like "hey we need this super rare thing!! Oh look it's only 100 yards away super ". "We need a powerful artifact, do this riddle and receive it!". Where's the epicness of getting it?
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2016-09-21 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    LEGION could've been the best addon.

Where blizz went wrong with LEGION

1) Random legendaries. It is very infuriating when you don't have one
    2) Numbers are too big. They should squish them down to Vanilla/BC levels each and every expansion. I don't like having 2 million HP.
    3) Streamlining classes and abilities. Classes don't feel really unique.
    4) Time instead of efford and efficiency. You have to wait and pay instead of be smart and good.
    5) Balance. They still can't get it right. They need to take actions faster. They promised us before LEGION. And they failed again
    1 to 3 are really just whine for the sake of whine. 'I don't have a legendary therefore I hate Legion'. 'I don't like big numbers therefore I hate Legion'. 'I don't like losing buttons therefore I hate Legion'.

4 genuinely made me laugh- as though the removal of time-gating would allow for players to be 'smart and good' when in reality the removal of time-gating just allows those with infinite time on their hands to get ahead. Ironic that you're complaining about time being a differentiator and then asking for time-gates to be removed so that...... time can be a differentiator.

5 only matters if you play with asshats, and anyway, how is balance something that makes Legion a worse expac- are you going to tell me there was some mythical expansion where everything was perfectly balanced straight after launch?

Way to early to say, but I very much doubt it. We've gotten the smallest continent as of yet with the fewest zones that also feel cramped, they went overboard with the class pruning, to much RNG over RNG on loot, To much gating, and worst of all the freaking return of the mission table. I'd still say that its better than Cata, MoP and ofcourse WoD so far, even if the expansion is far from over. But TBC and WotLK remain on top as my best expansions, and for the love of God ITS NOT NOSTALGIA.

As I'd rate them from best to worst: WotLK > TBC > Legion (so far) > MoP > WoD > Cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Now I like Legion...but this just isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus
    A friend and I hit 100 together and on that same night we found ourselves in Ashran with nothing else to do.. Legion is CLEARLY a step up from WoD, players who say WoD is better are the same naysayers who want Blizzard to fail.

Thanks! I admit that Legion just might be hitting all the right notes for me personally where as WoD did not. But based on the fact that all of my old friends are coming back and loving it when they skipped out on the last few expansions from dislike from the very start I think Blizzard did something right here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    It's way too early to tell. Even WoD seemed pretty fine within the first few weeks
    No you did not play WoD if you say that.
    WoD was not fine once you hit 100.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

As someone who's played them all (though I didn't play much of MoP, unfortunately) -- it's up there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I agree. It didn't take long to realize WoD was garbage. Even the leveling to 100 wasn't nearly as engaging (but, to be fair, the story in WoD was about as bad as it could be ... "Why are we here again?" "What version are you?" "What threat is there?" etc etc etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    It certainly feels bigger because im not just flying and hitting auto run.
    That's true, but in terms of actual size it's just not as big. Someone made a map where they measured the time it took to run from the largest horizontal points across the two areas and the two widest North <-> South points and Northrend is enormous.

Totally feels big, but in terms of actual size Northrend is the biggest we've gotten so far.

EDIT: Found it - just adding the link since it's a bit big.

http://i.imgur.com/5u3wHHu.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I remember the immediate feeling of..."uh oh" that I felt after a few hours of 100. It was not a happy feeling.
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2016-09-21 at 03:29 PM.

It's good but I have lots of issues with it. Pruning makes gameplay dull and easy (took all the fun and interesting spells from my hunter), legendaries are stupid (any idiot who does world quests can have one, just gotta be lucky!), artifact weapons are a stupid gimmick and the whole game feels like a single player experience. I preferred wrath, bc, mop and maybe even cata just because the gameplay of my class was better.

I mean I'm a very experienced player and I completely agree with him.
    The ONLY thing that can sabatogue it will be its patches.
    THATS why its too early to tell.
    Not because you haven't been given a chance to properly play the launch.
    I've played more hours on the beta and so far on live than I did for months of WoD. I know its the best expansion at launch we have ever had, without ANY question.
    The thing that made TBC and MoP so good though, is the patch content and iterations they made over the months to come.
    That will be the real test, but 7.1 surely is a good start.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Agreed, Legion is the best expansion yet.

Vanilla > WOTLK = TBC > MoP >>>>>>>> WoD (which was actually, IMHO, one of the best pre raid content)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cata (genuinely dreadful)

Where Legion fits in depends on the raid content, if we see fights as good as HM mimiron, HC LK,HC Putricide, Kael'thalas, Algalon etc in some well designed instances then I would say it's better than Wotlk. So far i'd put it between level with MoP, but really it's too early to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    That's true, but in terms of actual size it's just not as big. Someone made a map where they measured the time it took to run from the largest horizontal points across the two areas and the two widest North <-> South points and Northrend is enormous.

Totally feels big, but in terms of actual size Northrend is the biggest we've gotten so far.

EDIT: Found it - just adding the link since it's a bit big.

http://i.imgur.com/5u3wHHu.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I remember the immediate feeling of..."uh oh" that I felt after a few hours of 100. It was not a happy feeling.
    I think what you're overlooking is that the scaling tech along with World Quests makes the whole of Legion feel relevant. WOTLK may have been huge, but at max level you spent the majority of your time in Icecrown apart from farming for mats. This is the first expac where it doesn't feel like you throw away 80% of the levelling content once you get to max level, which makes the world feel bigger because you're actually spending time in multiple areas of it...

Agree with you on the WOD feeling though- I remember saying out loud about 3 days after hitting 100- "Ok, well WTF now? What the hell am I supposed to spend my time doing now?" One of the things I've actually enjoyed most about Legion, mind-numbing as it can sometimes be, is going out and gathering herbs. Even the simplest of tasks was taken away in WOD.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post

Well, not many people will claim that Legion is worse than WoD.
    That being said, "not worse than WoD" is pretty much the absolute zero when it comes to achievement, and it doesn't make anything actually good by itself
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    As always though.

I still think the negatives in this xpac are minor compared to stuff like the release of BC and stuff.
    I can't wrap my head around making the entire gameplay a 3-button affair, level scaling, insane gear inflation making everything previous completely irrelevant every week and bad writing being "minor stuff", especially compared to BC...
    Quote Originally Posted by gilfanon View Post
    I think what you're overlooking is that the scaling tech along with World Quests makes the whole of Legion feel relevant.
    Not only level scaling is a retarded abomination on a conceptual level, but it actually doesn't do shit for relevance. It's relevant for the few days until we get the just as retarded ilvl bloated gear, then we faceroll the mob again. So the game make levels entirely pointless, for no valuable result. Great design !
    Last edited by Akka; 2016-09-21 at 05:03 PM.