Deleted

Weekly Mythic+ chest, "easy" 880 loot.

Hey,
    So as the reset is out for both US and EU now, few people have collected their weekly box, and apparently you don't even have to clear the best rank on time. Me and my group completed rank 9 yesterday with 15 min after the timer (Took our time, cced etc).

But this essentially means you can do the same on rank 10, as rank 10 is the hardest but if you don't even have to try to beat the timer to get 880 weekly loot, what's the point? Feels like a stupid design.

10+ Year Old Account
    You still have to be able to clear all other levels of Mythic+ to be able to get the rank 10 Keystone, so it's not really a free 880 item by any means.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

I thought that you'd still get keystones that go higher than 10 for more chances at loot, and that it was just the ilvl of rewards that capped at +10. Also, you still have to actually clear the +10 dungeon for the +10 chest, which may not be trivial even when ignoring the timer.

you have to clear it on time tho

you just get the same loot for 8 and 9 that's why you didnt need to

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    you have to clear it on time tho

you just get the same loot for 8 and 9 that's why you didnt need to
    But my loot I got from the weekly chest said rank 9, even though we only completed it, not in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Djjoe View Post
    But my loot I got from the weekly chest said rank 9, even though we only completed it, not in time.
    maybe you're right, the guy who did 10 in our guild (i only did 9 on time then 10 bugged out on tuesday evening so couldnt finish it) told us that you needed to do it in time, but we'l see when he logs in i guess.

Deleted
    You don't appear to have to beat the timer. I got mythic 4 loot this morning from the chest despite not making the timer.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do not have to beat the timer, only complete the run.

You can pretty evidently see it from the raid lockout menu, there is some submenu about mythic+ and you can see that failed highest level run you have will still count as completed provided you lumber to the end of it despite the timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Djjoe View Post

But this essentially means you can do the same on rank 10, as rank 10 is the hardest but if you don't even have to try to beat the timer to get 880 weekly loot, what's the point? Feels like a stupid design.

You need to get a +10 key first That's the hard part

So they cleared a +9 in time... Or +2'ed an 8, and....?
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

You get a chest on a run, even if you don't make it in time, as long as you complete it. (Blizz had a blue post on this recently) https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...39612716662786

As such, if you completed your mythic 9 run - even after the timer, you got a chest, and your weekly chest was at lvl 9.

Working as intended

@Keiyra - that tweet only confirmed that you get loot at the end of the run, which we already knew.

However, the if you hovered over the chest, it specifically said that its loot would reflect the highest level you completed in time. It's perfectly possible for the end-of-dungeon loot and the chest loot to follow different rules, so what we're trying to figure out is, do they? The theory in this thread is that the mouseover text on this chest is just lying - looking for confirmation of whether that's really true, as it would be a bit surprising.

I see your point. My guess is the text on the mouseover is incorrect. I think if we look at the text from an earlier blue post we can get a possible answer:

After completing any Mythic Keystone dungeon within the time limit (whether using your own Keystone or someone else’s), a reward chest will be available in your Class Hall the following week.
    So to get any chest at all, you must complete at least 1 run within time.....BUT
    That chest contains a guaranteed piece of gear with a power level reflecting the highest Mythic level you completed during the prior week, up to a maximum of item level 880 for a successful Mythic Level 10 clear. It will also contain a new Mythic Keystone for you, which allows you to jump right back into your weekly Mythic dungeon adventures.
    This part makes it sound that after completing at least 1 run on time to "generate" the chest, if you complete another higher run (even if its not on time, just completed) that will be the level of reward. Since it says completed, and not completed within the time limit.

Thats my best guess.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2016-09-28 at 02:34 PM.

Apart from the fact that you still have to reach m+10 in the first place, what does a single item per lockout matter.
    You get enough WF/TF items during the runs in the week in the same ilvl category and yet many of them get sharded. Very likely it will be an upgrade in the first weeks, but in the not so far future you will have to pray to the loot gods that it is the upgraded item you want with the stats you need.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    You need to get a +10 key first That's the hard part
    This. You have to beat 9 in time, and then complete 10 (within the time or not) to get the +10 chest. So it's basically +1 as a gift, if you take the time to still do it.

Alternatively, just pray to the RNG gods. I got 890 boots today from the weekly chest at +7.

or just use the depleted +10 key for 4new people to give them their weekly +10 run without needing to get another high key (yes a depleted key works aswell for this purpose, i've specifically tested this on beta)

I've had guildies confirm getting an 880 (non-WF) piece from the chest after completing a +10 dungeon outside the time limit.

It's been confirmed that not completing a mythic + in the timer still makes it your highest completed for the chest and you still get loot. You just get a depleted key.